Honored Social Butterfly

Wedding Linked to Deaths of 7 Who Didn't Attend

A Maine wedding is linked to the deaths of 7 people who didn't attend

A wedding in Maine is linked to 176 Covid-19 cases and the deaths of seven people who didn't attend the celebration, demonstrating just how easily and quickly the virus can spread at social gatherings, public health experts say.

As officials continue to push preventive measures, such as wearing masks and practicing social distancing to keep infection rates low, they also have been vocal in warning against large gatherings.

But Americans have continued to congregate, leading to outbreaks tied to a number of events, from Memorial Day and Fourth of July celebrations to a massive motorcycle rally in Sturgis, South Dakota.

The wedding held in Millinocket on August 7 had about 65 guests, in violation of the state's 50-person cap for indoor events, Maine CDC said.

The event is linked to outbreaks that have unfolded at a nursing home and a jail, both more than 100 miles away from the wedding venue, and among people who had only secondary or tertiary contact with an attendee.

Residents at Maplecrest Rehabilitation and Living Center accounted for 39 cases tied to the wedding and six of the seven deaths thus far, Maine CDC Director Dr. Nirav D. Shah said.

"The virus favors gatherings," Shah added. "It does not distinguish between happy events like a wedding celebration, or sad farewells, like a funeral."

Despite such somber warnings, about 1,500 people descended on a New Jersey boardwalk house featured in MTV's "Jersey Shore" Monday night, ending in eight arrests, according to Seaside Heights police.

The event was organized by a group of YouTube pranksters, according to Seaside Heights Police Detective Steve Korman, and officials say they are now worried about how they will track possible infections among more than a thousand people.

A Maine wedding is linked to the deaths of 7 people who didn't attend 

This is trump, tired of WINNING!

download (12).jpg

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

What ? 7 people who didn`t attend a wedding died from  covid 19.  Guess that proves the point that you go to a large gathering and not worry about getting virus.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

Guess that proves the point that you go to a large gathering and not worry about getting virus.

giphy222.gif

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

What ? 7 people who didn`t attend a wedding died from  covid 19.  Guess that proves the point that you go to a large gathering and not worry about getting virus.

What? HOW does this prove that you can go to large gatherings and not worry about getting the virus?  Did I read your statement right?

Here's a question for you.  Are you now attending large gatherings on a regular basis?  You're not worried?

Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

What it proves is that you can go to a large gathering and return home to kill your relatives who choose to follow the guidelines.

Social Butterfly

I've asked before if anyone who has watched any of the "Purge" movies sees any difference between that premise and what is happening now, except not one night with guns and other weapons, and in the movies, it started in the US, not elsewhere?

Throughout the movies, it escalated to racial divides, then devolved to inhumanity...

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Honored Social Butterfly

Sadly, the far right gang doesn't care about deaths in the US as long as it does not effect them.   I expect them to say all the US deaths are 'fake".  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Esteemed Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

Sadly, the far right gang doesn't care about deaths in the US as long as it does not effect them.   I expect them to say all the US deaths are 'fake".  

Unfortunately, this is right.  I read most people will blow off concerns unless it affects them or someone they know because they have difficulty relating.  However, in this case, ignorance is NOT bliss and will NOT make it "disappear on its own".

Honored Social Butterfly

No mystery here...1 infects 10, 10 infects 100, and so on...in 5 months, we have went from 15 to over 6 million...by not taking proper precautions, like trump does and says.  
And what about the tests and testing...
promises made, promises not kept, like trump does and says. 

196,000 dead, and counting 

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png