Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wearing a mask makes me feel weak

Message 21 of 64

@WebWiseWoman 

Thank you for the compliment.  I actually think this is something serious as I already had most of one lung removed because of cancer, plus having emphysema and asthma for several decades...  I have to have an albuterol inhaler with me at all times. 

We even carry disinfectant wipes in a zip lock bag to wipe the carts in stores.  Like another poster here I need to watch my health.

I would think that it is a sign of masculinity to see men wear a mask as a courtesy to others (and themselves!).

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 64

Sending hugs, @WebWiseWoman .  You truly are wise....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 64

Wow; so sad to see some folks are so selfish (not you TxGrandpa2)...

Not sure why face mask is a problem other than someone's face is more important to them than life.

In 1986, I drove drunk; thank goodness I was stopped and arrested; the same night another woman, my age, murdered a young man on a motorcycle while she drove dui... that could have been me as the murderer; I have that in my thoughts since then.

Now, almost 35 years later I have to ask isn't NOT wearing a mask/face cover the same as DUI? I personally think it is; I don't understand why anyone would not wear it once they have access.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 64

Reality is that "weak men" (or women) won't wear masks.

ROFLMAO !!!!

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 64

"There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture."

Suggest you haven't been in a chemical plant in the event of a gas release?  A person's "culture" changes immediately.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself   
  1. Great   post  TX.                                                                
    Against one's  culture?    

2. haha.jpg

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 64

Most States have laws requiring you to wear shoes when you drive not to deprive you of the right to exhibit your lovely tootsies but for the safety of you and OTHERS. LOTS of other laws require you behave in ways that do NOT endanger your life or the lives of others - Working with pesticides and other poisons or hazardous material requires wearing a mask and I've not heard of a single farmer or construction/demolition worker who felt emasculated by staying safe.

You can have Covid19 for weeks and show no symptoms BUT YOU CAN STILL INFECT OTHERS. Only those with no regard for public health have a problem with rational, adult responses to a deadly disease.

Conclusion must be that the infantile, gutless Toad feels threatened by masks that might expose his lack of any semblance of Manhood, so now Toad worshipers must claim this defect as their own.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 64

aarp 1.png

lol, I can't help but laugh.   Some men really don't get it.   Y'all force us to wear certain clothing now.  The articles of clothing may be different, but the need to control women's bodies is exactly the same.   Ask any girl who has to do the fingertip test on her skirt.   

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 64

@Moscow45 

"Nonsense. I am a man of this world. A natural man. Forcing me to wear a female clothing accessory threatens my masculinity and my gender identity.

"We all know the police love to target blacks and Hispanics. Forcing men to wear masks just makes men targets for police profiling. 

"What is this a modesty culture? Imagine if the U.S government forced all women to cover up and start wearing hijabs? This is America, not Saudi Arabia."

First you are attempting to change the discussion.  You are not being forced to wear "female clothing"  Masks in different situations are gender neutral, depending on the situation.  In fact masks are generally known to be worn by males in most situations.  In fact probably considered 'macho' in some instances.

Most police has more important things to do than conduct 'mask checks'.  Show an instance where the authorities in this country harass anyone not wearing a mask.  I avoid and keep my distance when encountering ANYONE without a medical type mask when out in public.

HIJABS?  That is a religious practice, not for health reasons. 

The mistake a lot of politicians make is forgetting
they've been appointed but thinking they've been anointed.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 64

@afisher wrote:

RW admit it, they don't give two hoots about anyone but themselves.   They seem unable to consider that the masks that they are being asked to wear are not about protecting them,  they are about protecting others from their aerosilized spittle.   

Nonsense. I am a man of this world. A natural man. Forcing me to wear a female clothing accessory threatens my masculinity and my gender identity.

We all know the police love to target blacks and Hispanics. Forcing men to wear masks just makes men targets for police profiling. 

@mimi0000 What is this a modesty culture? Imagine if the U.S government forced all women to cover up and start wearing hijabs? This is America, not Saudi Arabia.

“If you’re good at something, never do it for free.”
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 64

sunlover posts:

A little more kindness, a little less judgement.

Tell that to tRump, along with a lot less lying.

"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors