Bronze Conversationalist

Wearing a mask makes me feel weak

I find wearing a facemask emasculating. The majority of face masks are considered women's clothing accessories. As a man, I have no desire to wear women's clothing. It is embarrassing and associates me with something I am not.

Imagine if the government decided to mandate men to wear hijabs. No way.

There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece 

Another angle...if you wish not to take precautions or protect yourself from others, that is one thing. But I, and others, would ask you to wear a mask to help you from spreading the virus to Us!

That’s being courteous, considerate, and being preventative. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45

Newsflash, the mask doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus. It gives you a false sense of safety much like a cross walk

============

The mask lessens the chance that you will pass the virus onto others. Not wearing one shows that you are a weak person who is so afraid of appearing weak that you will willingly put others in peril.

Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45:  There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture.

If you go to a construction site, you must wear a helmet. If you tour a factory, you must wear eye protection. If you drive a car, you must wear a seatbelt. The face mask is to keep your germs to yourself in case you contract Covid-19. 

Honored Social Butterfly
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png