Bronze Conversationalist

Wearing a mask makes me feel weak

I find wearing a facemask emasculating. The majority of face masks are considered women's clothing accessories. As a man, I have no desire to wear women's clothing. It is embarrassing and associates me with something I am not.

Imagine if the government decided to mandate men to wear hijabs. No way.

There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal 

Please know that I will bring trump up, every time...In my world, trump gets no free pass...he lies on a daily basis, and thru his incompetence is in the process of destroying Our Country. He does not get to play the victim, he is an adult (who acts like a child), makes terrible decisions, then denies it. 
If he has done such a great job, why are there 80,000 dead from the virus, and he has added close to 7 trillion to the national debt...but trump claims the he has done a great job!...not on this planet!

Honored Social Butterfly

sunluver1943 Wow williamb, you even gotta drag President Trump into this conversation. Seriously??  You guys are toooo much!!!

Well, Trump is supposed to be the leader of America and he demonstrates this by not folloing the guidelines his own committee set forth.  "It makes me feel weak" is a sure sign that he is having an impact on the lower number of people wearing masks and keeping the rest of us safer. If Trump wants to be POTUS, he should lead by example.  

Social Butterfly

A man's masculinity must be very frail if just wearing a mask threatens it.

Social Butterfly

Why not put a jockstrap over your face, if you  think masks are for sissies?

Wearing a mask is a lot less painful than being intubated on a respirator.

Honored Social Butterfly

RW admit it, they don't give two hoots about anyone but themselves.   They seem unable to consider that the masks that they are being asked to wear are not about protecting them,  they are about protecting others from their aerosilized spittle.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Bronze Conversationalist

@afisher wrote:

RW admit it, they don't give two hoots about anyone but themselves.   They seem unable to consider that the masks that they are being asked to wear are not about protecting them,  they are about protecting others from their aerosilized spittle.   

Nonsense. I am a man of this world. A natural man. Forcing me to wear a female clothing accessory threatens my masculinity and my gender identity.

We all know the police love to target blacks and Hispanics. Forcing men to wear masks just makes men targets for police profiling. 

@mimi0000 What is this a modesty culture? Imagine if the U.S government forced all women to cover up and start wearing hijabs? This is America, not Saudi Arabia.

Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece 

"Nonsense. I am a man of this world. A natural man. Forcing me to wear a female clothing accessory threatens my masculinity and my gender identity.

"We all know the police love to target blacks and Hispanics. Forcing men to wear masks just makes men targets for police profiling. 

"What is this a modesty culture? Imagine if the U.S government forced all women to cover up and start wearing hijabs? This is America, not Saudi Arabia."

First you are attempting to change the discussion.  You are not being forced to wear "female clothing"  Masks in different situations are gender neutral, depending on the situation.  In fact masks are generally known to be worn by males in most situations.  In fact probably considered 'macho' in some instances.

Most police has more important things to do than conduct 'mask checks'.  Show an instance where the authorities in this country harass anyone not wearing a mask.  I avoid and keep my distance when encountering ANYONE without a medical type mask when out in public.

HIJABS?  That is a religious practice, not for health reasons. 

Honored Social Butterfly

2CF824D8-9468-4A2A-A805-DAFAA8F239C8.jpeg

Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45:  

Wearing a mask makes me feel weak

So would Covid-19.

Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45 wrote:

"Wearing a mask makes me feel weak

Panjandrum wrote:

So would Covid-19.

Covid-19 can make you dead, I'd rather wear mask even it made me feel "weak".

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

ChasKy:  Covid-19 can make you dead, I'd rather wear mask even it made me feel "weak".

Exactly. The doctors and nurses who don masks and other ppe everyday have far more guts than the guys who need to look like they're in a war zone just to go in a Subway shop. They are ones who look ridiculous.

Esteemed Social Butterfly

@Panjandrum wrote:

ChasKy:  Covid-19 can make you dead, I'd rather wear mask even it made me feel "weak".

Exactly. The doctors and nurses who don masks and other ppe everyday have far more guts than the guys who need to look like they're in a war zone just to go in a Subway shop. They are ones who look ridiculous.

Omigod, isn't that the truth?  How utterly silly they look with their flak jackets and assault weapons! 

MIprotest.jpg

Off to a war, guys?  Or just showing off your big... guns? 🤣

Bronze Conversationalist

@MsStretch wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Omigod, isn't that the truth?  How utterly silly they look with their flak jackets and assault weapons! 

MIprotest.jpg

Off to a war, guys?  Or just showing off your big... guns? 🤣

I believe in the Second Amendment but when I see this the first thing that comes to mind is that I'm looking at a bunch of self-righteous ignoramuses who give the rest of us gun owners a bad name.. I noticed they didn't have the good sense to wear masks either. It must be a cultural thing. 

0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

I remember when Democrats were so insistent on not showing their patriotism by refusing to wear flag pins on their labels.

Obama was one of the biggest offenders.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece 

"I remember when Democrats were so insistent on not showing their patriotism by refusing to wear flag pins on their labels."

And that has what to do with wearing a mask for medical and preventative reasons?

Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

I remember when Democrats were so insistent on not showing their patriotism by refusing to wear flag pins on their labels.

Obama was one of the biggest offenders.

What does that have to do with the subject. I remember when Reb. were good Americans and put country first. Obama was a great President compared to Trump who 2 experts in the the field of rating Presidents told us last week is the worst President we have ever had.

Honored Social Butterfly

MstSretch wrote:

Off to a war, guys?  Or just showing off your big... guns? 

They are chicken-butt wannabes.

Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece 

"There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture."

Suggest you haven't been in a chemical plant in the event of a gas release?  A person's "culture" changes immediately.

Social Butterfly

Wow; so sad to see some folks are so selfish (not you TxGrandpa2)...

Not sure why face mask is a problem other than someone's face is more important to them than life.

In 1986, I drove drunk; thank goodness I was stopped and arrested; the same night another woman, my age, murdered a young man on a motorcycle while she drove dui... that could have been me as the murderer; I have that in my thoughts since then.

Now, almost 35 years later I have to ask isn't NOT wearing a mask/face cover the same as DUI? I personally think it is; I don't understand why anyone would not wear it once they have access.

#StaySafe

#VegasStrong
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Bronze Conversationalist

I have in my life done many dumb things, but not wearing a mask will not be added to the list. If wearing a mask makes a person feel weak, I wonder what makes them feel strong. I wear a mask out of respect for others. COVID-19 is no joking matter.

Honored Social Butterfly

@WebWiseWoman 

Thank you for the compliment.  I actually think this is something serious as I already had most of one lung removed because of cancer, plus having emphysema and asthma for several decades...  I have to have an albuterol inhaler with me at all times. 

We even carry disinfectant wipes in a zip lock bag to wipe the carts in stores.  Like another poster here I need to watch my health.

I would think that it is a sign of masculinity to see men wear a mask as a courtesy to others (and themselves!).

Honored Social Butterfly

"There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture."

Suggest you haven't been in a chemical plant in the event of a gas release?  A person's "culture" changes immediately.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself   
  1. Great   post  TX.                                                                
    Against one's  culture?    

2. haha.jpg

no name
0 Kudos
Bronze Conversationalist

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Suggest you haven't been in a chemical plant in the event of a gas release?  A person's "culture" changes immediately.

1. Great   post  TX.                                                                
    Against one's  culture?    

2. haha.jpg

@Roxanna35 wrote:

1. Great   post  TX.                                                                
    Against one's  culture?    

2. haha.jpg

@Roxanna35 wrote:

1. Great   post  TX.                                                                
    Against one's  culture?    

2. haha.jpg

Wearing a mask makes you feel week apparently you never did basic training in the military, Powderpuff. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

There is no way I am wearing a face mask under any circumstance. It is against my culture.

Pretend you're a cowboy in a dust storm, or a surgeon seeing a patient, or a construction worker.

Lots of real men wear masks.

We laugh at the men on jobs who don't wear masks when the circumstances dictate they should , we call them stupid.

Because they are.

Bronze Conversationalist

Not wearing a mask because it's against my culture may not be the dumbest thing I have ever heard, but it is right up there in the TOP 10! 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Jokers don't wear masks.  It messes up their make-up! 🤡

Honored Social Butterfly

It takes a strong-willed person to wear a mask and in no way considered feminine.  Not wearing one could be considered as being vain about one's looks.  

Honored Social Butterfly

Actually, weak people refuse to wear masks.

Bronze Conversationalist

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Actually, weak people refuse to wear masks.

Newsflash, the mask doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus. It gives you a false sense of safety much like a cross walk.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Moscow45 wtote:

"Newsflash, the mask doesn't even prevent you from getting the virus. It gives you a false sense of safety much like a cross walk.

*********************************************************************************

In reality certains masks do prevent you from catching the virus, I have some of them, they were provided for me because of my low immune system.  The other masks being discussed do hinder a person from catching the virus and will hinder a person carrying the virus from spreading it. Wearing masks are what people should be doing and all of our top scientists and pandemic experts agree. Of course there are many that deny science and pandemic experts.

Many of the weak refuse to wear masks.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png