Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wealth Distribution

Message 21 of 87

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Cirice posted..

@KidBoy2said: "FYI... The poor pay ZERO Federal income tax!!!"

If they make less than the standard deduction. But they still pay payroll taxes.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.

===============================================================

FYI... The poor pay ZERO Federal income tax!!!"

That is a fact ...how can you question that?

Are you dense? I didn't question that.

If you make less than the standard deduction, then you don't have to pay federal income taxes. But if you're working, you still have payroll taxes.

Do you want to try living on less than $10,000 per year?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 87

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Older posted..

Here's a few charts that should illuminate the problem: First shows that ALL the gains in income from the Reaganscam went to increase the income of the top 10% (the managerial class who would be expected to decide how profits were divided and raises given). If they didn't change their method based on their newly awarded ability to keep most ofwhat they gave themselves, what prompted this total reversal of 40 years of "sharing the wealth" that had producedthe greatest expansion ofthe American economy and size and prosperity of the middle Class in history?

==========================================================

Ronald Reagan took office after Jimmy Carter. We got our country back on the track to prosperity with his leadership. His tax cut were needed and boy did they work! Tax cuts work.The recover had already begun thanks to Carter and Volcker driving down interest rates.
Tthe disaster was caused by LBJ and Nixon fighting Vietnam WITHOUT paying for it. LBJ hid the cost by adding SS to the numbers reported for the deficit and Nixon "Monetized the deficit" - same as he printed money, but he did it with Monetary policy. By the time Carter was sworn in, that decade of cooking the books came home to roost. Gov't borrowing to support the needless war in Nam sucked all the credit (money to lend) out of the system, and the Fed refused to continue to "Monetize", so the huge Gov't borrowing drove interest rates thru the roof. Carter had ended that, inflation was cut in half, and Reagan TRIPLED the National Debt with his taxscam which RAISED TAXES ON THE BOTTOM 90%.
Check the figures - in 4 years the average AGI skyrocketed from $12,824 to $27,268 - while actual income went from $21,063 to $29,066 - REAGAN TOOK AWAY ALL THE MIDDLE CLASS DEDUCTIONS AND RAISED THE BOTTOM TAX BRACKETS, and the actual amount the average worker had to pay in Federal income tax went from 9.4% of income to 14.7%. Anyone who thinks Reagan cut taxes for any but the VERY rich wasn't paying taxes at the time or cannot do simple arithmetic.

He stood up to Russia "tear down that wall" .that's waht Reagan SAID, but it was the EAST GERMANS who tore down the wall while Reagan sat on this thumbs. Then because he'd nearly bankrupted the US with his spend and spend some more budgets, we had nothing left to help the fledgling Russian democracy, which Reagan and GHWBush watched devolve back into an Oligarchy.

He fired the Air Traffic Controllers for their illegal strike.And helped destroy Unions that WOULD have prevented the huge redistribution of wealth and income Reagan's Taxscam set in motion.

Gee, I am glad that when our country needed a great leader we got Ronald Reagan!Really nice guy one on one, but did NOTHING for America while he tripled the Debt, sold weapons to Iran and used the CIA to finance counter revolutions by selling drugs, which got the cocaine epidemic started right here in the USA. The fact GOPers love him speaks volumes about their love for donny draftdodger.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 87

@GraysonL320504 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

Administrative policy is supposed to be in conformance with the law and the Constitution.  Right now, it isn't.  That's a truth.

Anything else important regarding the subjects on this forum?  Let's hear 'em.

Okay, hear this one.  I keep seeing you post things like this that are generalities, make little sense and are certainly not based in fact.  So let's try a little truth.  Tell us what administration policy is not in conformance with the law and Constitution.

I intended to get to you sooner as a courtesy.  More important things had priority.

I post things whose overall import over-rides indulging in details.  I'm well aware that does not fit into the practices of those who use detail extraneous to the real issue as a tool intended to distract and 'dissemble to deceive'.  I informed a compatriot of yours, I don't play by rules someone else sets for me without my participation and approval.  That means I don't play by yours.

I am a generalist.  The real solutions to problems we face rest in correct assumptions having been made in the first instance and the basic values on which they depend. Treat the disease, not the symptoms.  Miss that important step and discussion on merit is no more than idle rhetoric intended to confuse.  At which postings of your political persuasion excel and have since the days of good old Joe McCarthy. 

I can do nothing about those who happen to be hard of understanding.

My posts are absolutely rooted in fact.  It seems you have a great deal of difficulty understanding just what fact...and truth....is.  Not surprising.  Your persuasion seems to feel,pretty much uniformly, that deliberate distortion of facts and the truth are acceptable....but only for them.  Well....it is not acceptable for anyone to do that.

I think your query is disingenuous.  I think you know perfectly well both 'the donald' and his coalition violate the intent and the letter of the Values set forth in the Declaration of Independence and Constitution and do it daily.  I think you know that unless a challenge  to those actions is actually brought before the Supreme Court, accepted for review and a final written disposition issued, each and every issue otherwise remains opinion. 

I only think you know, though.   It often appears you haven't a clue.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 87
Mick posted..

I'm glad people are willing to mention Reagan & Trump in the same sentence & with the same sycophantic admiration

Americans in the Middle Class have been paying for Reagans Lies their whole lives

Here is the Promise Reagan Made & Said Was Kept

This bill demonstrates for all time our nation’s ironclad commitment to social security. It assures the elderly that America will always keep the promises made in troubled times a half a century ago. It assures those who are still working that they, too, have a pact with the future. From this day forward, they have our pledge that they will get their fair share of benefits when they retire…

Today, all of us can look each other square in the eye and say, “We kept our promises.” We promised that we would protect the financial integrity of social security. We have. We promised that we would protect beneficiaries against any loss in current benefits. We have. And we promised to attend to the needs of those still working, not only those Americans nearing retirement but young people just entering the labor force. And we’ve done that, too…

So yeah @KidBoy2 - The Reagan Tax Cuts worked for the top 20% & they were going to pay the rest of us back after they did

THEY NEVER PAID US BACK

Trumps Tax Cuts too are working & again for the top 20% and this time they didn't even need them - but now like then - it's the Middle Class & Social Security recipients present & future who will pay the bill

So please excuse me while I Vomit

=======================================================

Another rant that does not make sense.

If Reagan would have not lowered taxes FOR ALL were do you think our economy would have gone? I think it would have gone into a recession or a depression. That is a unknown ... I know that.

The problem with the left is they think businesses are bad...they do not understand that businesses are what drive or economy. I am pro-business are you?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 87

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Here's a few charts that should illuminate the problem: First shows that ALL the gains in income from the Reaganscam went to increase the income of the top 10% (the managerial class who would be expected to decide how profits were divided and raises given). If they didn't change their method based on their newly awarded ability to keep most ofwhat they gave themselves, what prompted this total reversal of 40 years of "sharing the wealth" that had producedthe greatest expansion ofthe American economy and size and prosperity of the middle Class in history?

igure 2

Income Gains at the Top Dwarf Those of Low- and Middle-Income Households

Figure 1

Income Gains Widely Shared in Early Postwar Decades - But Not Since Then

Of course - taxpayers get tax cuts, why does that surprise you. And, as always, it makes no sense for an employer to pay his workers less because he got a tax cut.

Wakie wakie rk - The employers did not pay them LESS, that is, they did not CUT worker pay, they RAISED THEIR PAY BY MUCH LESS drastically reducing labor's share of the profits. Had labor's share of profits that held from 1948 until 1980 continued, today's AVERAGE worker would be getting $86,000, not $58,000 and the CEOs would be getting $1.3Million not $15.8Million

The change in how profits are distributed HAPPENED. It happened because before Reagan the ones dividing the profit could not keep the increases they gave themselves because they were at or near the TMR of 91% or 70%. Reagan cut the TMR to 28% but INCREASED taxes on the average worker by 44% (9.3% to 13.4% on average AGI) by slashing deductions and increasing the bottom rates.

Even liberals know it's not fair to TAKE 91% of someone's income for taxation. That's what Reagan did is make it fairer. If the government wants to spend a lot of money and wants fair taxes, someone has to pay (even liberals).

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 87
Cirice posted..

@KidBoy2 said: "FYI... The poor pay ZERO Federal income tax!!!"

If they make less than the standard deduction. But they still pay payroll taxes.

Assume nothing. Question everything. And start thinking.

===============================================================

FYI... The poor pay ZERO Federal income tax!!!"

That is a fact ...how can you question that?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 87

@Soosie wrote:
@rk9152......You have to admit "cut it out" is enough to scare any country into giving up all thoughts of meddling, holding hostages, nukes and anything else.

Good point.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 87
@rk9152......You have to admit "cut it out" is enough to scare any country into giving up all thoughts of meddling, holding hostages, nukes and anything else.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 87

@Panjandrum wrote:

KidBoy2:  He stood up to Russia "tear down that wall" .

Here's an obvious question: How on earth does a person simultaneously support one president who recognized the threat from Russia (and rightly so) and acted on it, and another president that practically rolls over and piddles for Putin and refuses to even try to protect an upcoming election? Seems like classic cognitive dissonance to me.

It's good to see "cognitive dissinance" back but when did Obama "piddle"? And "roll over" - hey, he did say "Cut it out".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 87

@mickstuder wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Older posted..

==========================================================

Ronald Reagan took office after Jimmy Carter. We got our country back on the track to prosperity with his leadership. His tax cut were needed and boy did they work! Tax cuts work.

He stood up to Russia "tear down that wall" .

He fired the Air Traffic Controllers for their illegal strike.

Gee, I am glad that when our country needed a great leader we got Ronald Reagan!

I'm glad people are willing to mention Reagan & Trump in the same sentence & with the same sycophantic admiration 

Americans in the Middle Class have been paying for Reagans Lies their whole lives 

Here is the Promise Reagan Made & Said Was Kept

This bill demonstrates for all time our nation’s ironclad commitment to social security. It assures the elderly that America will always keep the promises made in troubled times a half a century ago. It assures those who are still working that they, too, have a pact with the future. From this day forward, they have our pledge that they will get their fair share of benefits when they retire…

Today, all of us can look each other square in the eye and say, “We kept our promises.” We promised that we would protect the financial integrity of social security. We have. We promised that we would protect beneficiaries against any loss in current benefits. We have. And we promised to attend to the needs of those still working, not only those Americans nearing retirement but young people just entering the labor force. And we’ve done that, too…

So yeah @KidBoy2 - The Reagan Tax Cuts worked for the top 20% & they were going to pay the rest of us back after they did 

THEY NEVER PAID US BACK

Trumps Tax Cuts too are working & again for the top 20% and this time they didn't even need them - but now like then -  it's the Middle Class & Social Security recipients present & future who will pay the bill

So please excuse me while I Vomit

After flushing and washing your face perhaps you can point to the sentence with both Presidents in it.

As to tax cuts - it is true, they only go to tax payers but they are an advantage to all since they do boost the economy. And what was the Reagan lie? Is SS not still functioning 30 years later?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors