Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We thought the Nazi threat was dead.

Message 11 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Trump is normalizing Nazis and Nazism.

The above is, of course, a lie and forms the basis for the rest of the long post.

How is our President "normalizing" Nazis?

Sadly, the hatred for our President and his supporters blind people to common sense. I, for example, have been called a Nazi supporter because I support the Constitution, the courts and the police in questions of "free speech". Rational thinking could not allow that to happen. Only hatred and the need to express it can.

You are saying I posted your first line. I never posted any such thing. Now correct what you posted.

It was part of a post that you spoke in support of. I hope that the correction fits your needs.

Do you have any other thoughts on the words of wisdom I offered?

It does not. It has my name above it. Now correct what you said. You will not make up posts and put them on here under my name. You have done this before and we have covered this ground before. I did not make the post you say I did. Either put up full posts from a person or no post, but never change a post to make it fit your needs with another poster.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

We thought the Nazi threat was dead.

Message 12 of 25

It really is fascinating to watch somebody try to portray those who stand up against the KKK and Nazis as a danger to America. If it weren't such a serious subject, I would be LOL at that absurd argument.

We have one poster who's been attacking only those who opposed the Nazis in Charlottesville and other demonstrations. Normal people are outraged at the public resurfacing of the hate and evil embodied by Nazis and the KKK, but he focuses solely upon the counter protestors. The forum member can deny what he's been doing for more than two weeks, but all you have to do is read his non-stop posts attacking the wrong group. He tries to hide behind his make believe issue of free speech.

Intelligent people understand the issue wasn't free speech, the only issue was the national exposure of Nazis and the KKK.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 25

@john258 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

The above is, of course, a lie and forms the basis for the rest of the long post.

Sadly, the hatred for our President and his supporters blind people to common sense. I, for example, have been called a Nazi supporter because I support the Constitution, the courts and the police in questions of "free speech". Rational thinking could not allow that to happen. Only hatred and the need to express it can.

You are saying I posted your first line. I never posted any such thing. Now correct what you posted.

It was part of a post that you spoke in support of. I hope that the correction fits your needs.

Do you have any other thoughts on the words of wisdom I offered?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 25

An interesting bit of history, af. I was particularly interesting in the idea of using Wedding (a Communist area) for a "fuss". Due to it's politics, the Nazis knew they could get the violence they wanted.

Now, Charlottesville - a place with a southern heritage under attack. One group came to support the southern heritage and the other came to attack it. Now, which one was comparable to the Nazis of Wedding?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 25

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 25

Cognitive Dissonance or Ignorance?  

History repeats itself

Charlottesville was right out of the Nazi playbook. In the 1920s, the Nazi Party was just one political party among many in a democratic system, running for seats in Germany’s Parliament. For most of that time, it was a small, marginal group. In 1933, riding a wave of popular support, it seized power and set up a dictatorship. The rest is well-known.

It was in 1927, while still on the political fringes, that the Nazi Party scheduled a rally in a decidedly hostile location – the Berlin district of Wedding. Wedding was so left-of-center that the neighborhood had the nickname “Red Wedding,” red being the color of the Communist Party. The Nazis often held rallies right where their enemies lived, to provoke them.

The people of Wedding were determined to fight back against fascism in their neighborhood. On the day of the rally, hundreds of Nazis descended on Wedding. Hundreds of their opponents showed up too, organized by the local Communist Party. The antifascists tried to disrupt the rally, heckling the speakers. Nazi thugs retaliated. There was a massive brawl. Almost 100 people were injured.

I imagine the people of Wedding felt they had won that day. They had courageously sent a message: Fascism was not welcome.

But historians believe events like the rally in Wedding helped the Nazis build a dictatorship. Yes, the brawl got them media attention. But what was far, far more important was how it fed an escalating spiral of street violence. That violence helped the fascists enormously.

Violent confrontations with antifascists gave the Nazis a chance to paint themselves as the victims of a pugnacious, lawless left. They seized it.

It worked. We know now that many Germans supported the fascists because they were terrified of leftist violence in the streets. Germans opened their morning newspapers and saw reports of clashes like the one in Wedding. It looked like a bloody tide of civil war was rising in their cities. Voters and opposition politicians alike came to believe the government needed special police powers to stop violent leftists. Dictatorship grew attractive. The fact that the Nazis themselves were fomenting the violence didn’t seem to matter.

One of Hitler’s biggest steps to dictatorial power was to gain emergency police powers, which he claimed he needed to suppress leftist violence.

The RW are dismissive of the "Resistance" and hope to smear them.   Most of the "resistance" are average citizens that come "armed" with a cell phone and placard.     The cell phones and the national / local media were there to document the actual events - that is the differencefrom 1927 and why the ratings for Donald et al has dropped into the low 30% and why 56% of the population are saying that Donald is responsible for tearing the country apart.        

What shut down the White Nationalist hundreds of planned events:    Thousands of average people taking to the streets and saying NO!       

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 25

@john258 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 25

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

I agree that there is a danger, But it does not come from the weekend reenactors - they have no support from the mass of the American citizens nor from any political leaders.

On the other hand, we have the fascists of antifa. They are a danger because they are the militaristic arm of the  "Resistance" element of the Democratic Party. And, they do have the support of the neoMarxists in our population.

"We have the fascists of the Anti-fascists"?   Interesting turn of a phrase.

Hey, you wanna see what "fake news" looks like???  Over HERE!

It comes down to a question of does the word "fascist' define actions or what a group names itself?

I often call myself "King of the House" but for some unknown reason I can't get agreement on that from my bride.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 25

@CriticalThinking wrote:

It really is fascinating to watch somebody try to portray those who stand up against the KKK and Nazis as a danger to America. If it weren't such a serious subject, I would be LOL at that absurd argument.

I find it fascinating that people feel they have to make up stuff about others posters just so they can attack. I have seen support for those who stand up to the Nazis and the Kluxers - the Constitution, the Courts, the police, and the rule of law, 

The rest of us are outraged by the appearance of Nazis in America. It's too bad some Trump Lovers aren't outraged, but then again, Trump hired Nazis to work in the White House and they voted for him.

Of course, such lies as in the first para are necessary for those who want to expand their definitions so as to allow for the lies about our President and his supporters in the second para in black.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 25

@gruffstuff wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/aug/25/donald-trump-nazis-far-right-charlottesville

We thought the Nazi threat was dead. But Donald Trump has revived it

The word from the White House is that the events at Charlottesville are behind them now, and they’re ready to move on. Sure, there is still some fallout from the 12 August march by neo-Nazis, white supremacists and the Ku Klux Klan, as well as from Donald Trump’s subsequent declaration that those racists and fascists who carried flaming torches and swastika flags included some “very fine people”. There are reverberations too from the president’s initial non-condemnation condemnation, in which if he saw “hatred, bigotry and violence” at all, he saw it “on many sides”.

Will Trump get away with it? 

Has Trump gotten away with it already?

There are some very good documanteries that have shown in TV over the last year on Nazi Germany. One part of the series is the rise of Hitler. It is about the time in the early 30 when the Nazis were coming to power, and how they did it. One can look at this film and see the US today. Just last Sunday an excellent one was on C-SPAN produced by the US Army in 1953. To day we see all the same things happening in this country only the main rising leader is Trump not Hitler. You can find these films on AHC, PBS, C-Span. Will the US repeat what Germany did in the 30. Time will tell.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors