Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We’re Winning, They’re Losing, Here’s Why

Message 1 of 73

@jimc91 wrote:

@oceanedge2 wrote:

jim - Yes he is new to DC....

He is still learning the ugly truth about the players.....

Some good but many bad players....

Give him a little time.

THAT is called Magical Thinking.  You're saying that prior to entering the highest office in the land, he was not aware of "many bad players".  Get a grip.  Being a 'bad player' is exactly what you like about him.  So what's not to know about his job description?

When he and the wife go on their Asian vacation soon and visit S.Korea, the cameras.media may catch him sending a hand signal to the North, like....a thumbs down? Won't that be great!  This is what you want more time for.  Yuck.

I would say yes, he is a total outsider and not a politician,

The usual excuse for Trump's incompetence!

its what I like most about him.

Incompetence is nothing to like.

He is learning how to navigate unfriendly waters.

Nothing wrong with the "waters".

Trump does not have the capability "to navigate" a row boat in a swimming pool!

I predict him to be a quick study.

Trump's lacking of basic elementary school knowledge clearly suggests otherwise!

He beats the media everyday and I love it!!

Only if you "love" the hypocrisy of a fake president calling the media "fake news"!

Patience is a virtue, give him some time.

And he'll destroy our entire country.

At my age a year is just a blink of an eye and every new job I ever had took me a year or two to really get the lay of the land...

An excuse for Trump's inability to perform as a POTUS.

Good things are on the way.  

Yet recent events clearly suggest otherwise.

The Dow went over 23k yesterday, count your money and settle in for the long haul.

Thanks to President Obama's actions of pulling our country out of the worst recession since the great depression!

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 73

@jimc91 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

No I said exactly what I meant.  He is the duly elected president by the American electorate.

get use to it...

Jim  no one here is negating the fact that Trump is the duly elected President. that is not an issue. 
The issue is, that perhaps his agenda is not what this country needs. I don't know if you heard  today  G.W.Bush  He   made a speech that perhaps you should have heard and listened carefully.. 
It reminded me of the Republican Party that I belonged.
We now have a President  and his agenda that continuously reminds me of a Reality TV show. ala Kardashian style.
Sorry, but I don't approve of his style or his hyperboles. 
And as far as being successful  as of now, Sorry, not even close.

Well it is exactly the agenda he ran on during his campaign and then won the election on.

Winning with Russian interference .... an unconstitutional election!!!

Since you wrote “unconstitutional”  I went back and read the procedure for electing our president.  Please explain how and why you would make that accusation.  

And in that "procedure", where did it allow for a foreign country to  interfere  in "electing our president"?

And the "accusation" was based on "Russian interference", as was clearly stated.

Do you actually understand the process?

Yes, and contrary to your misinformed  understanding, "the process" does not allow nor include a foreign country to interfere!

BTW ..... when you did your "back and read", did you happen to notice that Trump also violated the emoluments clause of the Constitution, another unconstitutional action?

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 73

@jimc91 wrote:

Change does not come quickly or on a timetable. Change, such as abolition or universal suffrage, comes in fits and starts, but it is clear that the peak days for governmental American liberalism were the 1930s — for cultural liberalism, the 1960s — both ages ago. They are dying, slowly, inexorably, and America has been inexorably moving to the right since then.

Finally, happiness. Happiness and contentment were not introduced to national politics by Reagan, but the Republicans may have perfected it. The militant Left — Antifa — even dress in black. Let's face it, the Left and modern liberalism are a downer. A central feature of American conservatism is happiness and confidence in the future.

The reality is that if there was a time where the ideals of liberalism were the true aim of the activist Left, that time is long past. Classical liberalism as an ideology — and if the trend continues — will be remembered as just another archaic philosophy consigned to history classes; that is, if the militant Left will permit it to be taught. Otherwise, like Soviet communism, it too will join the ash heap of history.

Donald Trump and Harvey Weinstein did the same thing. Why did anyone vote for Trump?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 73

Change does not come quickly or on a timetable. Change, such as abolition or universal suffrage, comes in fits and starts, but it is clear that the peak days for governmental American liberalism were the 1930s — for cultural liberalism, the 1960s — both ages ago. They are dying, slowly, inexorably, and America has been inexorably moving to the right since then.

Finally, happiness. Happiness and contentment were not introduced to national politics by Reagan, but the Republicans may have perfected it. The militant Left — Antifa — even dress in black. Let's face it, the Left and modern liberalism are a downer. A central feature of American conservatism is happiness and confidence in the future.

The reality is that if there was a time where the ideals of liberalism were the true aim of the activist Left, that time is long past. Classical liberalism as an ideology — and if the trend continues — will be remembered as just another archaic philosophy consigned to history classes; that is, if the militant Left will permit it to be taught. Otherwise, like Soviet communism, it too will join the ash heap of history.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 73

@jimc91 wrote:

Since the loss they have so consumed themselves with anti-Trumpism that as Hasan Minhaj hilariously pointed out when watching CNN, "It feels like I'm watching CNN ... watch the news." Even once reputable pundits and journalists debase themselves by engaging in contests to see who can find the freshest way to call Trump a dope/sexist/racist/dictator/rube.

But for all their grandstanding, against a man they describe as sexist, misogynist and evil, they sure showed deference to another powerful man who literally turned out be sexist, misogynist and evil.

Harvey Weinstein's history of serial rape was apparently the "worst-kept secret in Hollywood." The bastion of progress and progressive values — California — kept his open secret and actively buried it when it reared up in the past. Far from an anomaly, he joins the ranks of Roman Polanski and Terry Richardson as liberal "woke" men who use their positions of power to rape women (yes, using power, access and influence as leverage over women to pressure them into sleeping with you is rape), and be granted passive clemency, because they hate conservatives.

Notice in Weinstein's initial apology his intention to devote his "anger" to bringing down the NRA ... coincidentally right after the horrific shooting in Las Vegas. The message to the media was clear: "Give me a pass on this and I'll keep funding your causes." A naked bribe that initially seemed to work, until all hell broke loose.

Only when Weinstein was fired did progressive actors, late-night hosts, and opinion leaders resoundingly chastise him. Up until that point, those outlets were all but silent. When "Saturday Night Live" showrunner Lorne Michaels was pressed on why the show omitted discussion of Weinstein, he lamely said Weinstein was "a New Yorker" and that the show didn't go after New Yorkers ... though apparently Donald Trump didn't make the cut. Michaels came off as a shallow shill and a clown.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And, once again... Just read the posts from the left on this thread.

"Unhinged"!

Donald Trump and Harvey Weinsteis both did the same thing, and it was known or years. What we see in this thread is what the Russians taught the American Far Right leaders during the last few years. How to plant stories that are used to try and change the subject from what Trump does. The Russians get paid for it. Now do the Americans. Well we know the Trump Campaign manager who owed one of the Russians millions before the campaign owed zero after. Could this thread be one to take us away form the important subjects? Like how could any one vote and elect Harvey Weinstein President and then support him. Oh I am sorry I mean Donald Trump. Lets not allow these silly distraction subjects placed in here by the far right keep thinking people from talking about the real issues of the day. Change the silly subjects back to the real issues when ever we see these types of stories placed in here.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 73

Since the loss they have so consumed themselves with anti-Trumpism that as Hasan Minhaj hilariously pointed out when watching CNN, "It feels like I'm watching CNN ... watch the news." Even once reputable pundits and journalists debase themselves by engaging in contests to see who can find the freshest way to call Trump a dope/sexist/racist/dictator/rube.

But for all their grandstanding, against a man they describe as sexist, misogynist and evil, they sure showed deference to another powerful man who literally turned out be sexist, misogynist and evil.

Harvey Weinstein's history of serial rape was apparently the "worst-kept secret in Hollywood." The bastion of progress and progressive values — California — kept his open secret and actively buried it when it reared up in the past. Far from an anomaly, he joins the ranks of Roman Polanski and Terry Richardson as liberal "woke" men who use their positions of power to rape women (yes, using power, access and influence as leverage over women to pressure them into sleeping with you is rape), and be granted passive clemency, because they hate conservatives.

Notice in Weinstein's initial apology his intention to devote his "anger" to bringing down the NRA ... coincidentally right after the horrific shooting in Las Vegas. The message to the media was clear: "Give me a pass on this and I'll keep funding your causes." A naked bribe that initially seemed to work, until all hell broke loose.

Only when Weinstein was fired did progressive actors, late-night hosts, and opinion leaders resoundingly chastise him. Up until that point, those outlets were all but silent. When "Saturday Night Live" showrunner Lorne Michaels was pressed on why the show omitted discussion of Weinstein, he lamely said Weinstein was "a New Yorker" and that the show didn't go after New Yorkers ... though apparently Donald Trump didn't make the cut. Michaels came off as a shallow shill and a clown.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And, once again... Just read the posts from the left on this thread.

"Unhinged"!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 73

@jimc91 wrote:

More evidence...

The left is completely “unhinged” ...

Because we don't agree with the Alt-Right sources you use like Breitbart?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 73

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Please let us know where in the process it say's, "assist a foreign adversary to interfere with a Presidential election".  Thank you.

Are you refering to Facebook selling the Russians $100k in ads?  Hillary outspent Trump exponentially!  $100k is chick feed!  LOL!!!!!

How would Trump be responsible for that?  You should haul Zuckerbug into court and have him charged with treason.

You guys are too funny.

Yes, the left on this board are unhinged...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 73

There is nothing more difficult than trying to convince a person that cannot walk, that perhaps he will sometime in the future
We all tend to see what we want to see. and become blind in order not to have to deal with the fact that we may be mistaken.

Not being objective is a problem that many have. 
not having an open mind is also a problem that many have, and hot being able to see the good and the bad of a situation is as bad as being blind.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 73

@oceanedge2 wrote:

jim - Yes he is new to DC....

He is still learning the ugly truth about the players.....

Some good but many bad players....

Give him a little time.

THAT is called Magical Thinking.  You're saying that prior to entering the highest office in the land, he was not aware of "many bad players".  Get a grip.  Being a 'bad player' is exactly what you like about him.  So what's not to know about his job description?

When he and the wife go on their Asian vacation soon and visit S.Korea, the cameras.media may catch him sending a hand signal to the North, like....a thumbs down? Won't that be great!  This is what you want more time for.  Yuck.

I would say yes, he is a total outsider and not a politician, its what I like most about him.

He is learning how to navigate unfriendly waters.  I predict him to be a quick study.

He beats the media everyday and I love it!!

Patience is a virtue, give him some time. At my age a year is just a blink of an eye and every new job I ever had took me a year or two to really get the lay of the land...

Good things are on the way.  The Dow went over 23k yesterday, count your money and settle in for the long haul.

@oceanedge2

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views