Know someone over 50 who is making a difference? Nominate them for the AARP Purpose Prize.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We’re Winning, They’re Losing, Here’s Why

Message 61 of 73

You are losing just like the rest of us, you just haven’t woken up to it yet.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 73
wasnt Blackburn a co sponsor of the bill that allowed opiods to run wild? was that a winning moment? I guess..Trump gets the drug addled vote.
So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 73

@Epster wrote:

Just an observation: it is difficult to take seriously an opinion that is rife with ugly labels.

I am, and know many others who are, a moderate Republican. We tend to be social liberals and fiscal conservatives (loosely meaning we tend to hold that in a free society people can be dumb and do dumb things --sure go ahead-- just don't expect us to pay to fix your mess). I don't know that one of these peeps supports the KKK or the Alt-right. Or even read Breitbart. And we certainly are not all old white men.  LOL.  You're right, of course, Epster.  There are several posters here and millions outside this forum who align themselves as fiscally conservative and socially liberal that range from moderate Democrats to moderate Republicans like yourself....even many who refer to themselves as Centrists.  Are you familiar with a group called "No Labels"?  I think many folks believe as they do.....

"The far left and far right are offering America a road to nowhere. So why do these yellers, screamers and dividers seem to have all the power?

As you said, Carry on. Smiley Happy

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 73

ChasKy53: Might be true with the people that you associate with.

Exactly. When people associate with like minded people they probably tend to think they are a majority which is foolish. Just looking at Trump's approval rating should tell someone that at least 2/3 of the country isn't on board with their thinking.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 73

Fascism was winning in Germany and Italy and Europe, until they lost, bigly.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 73

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote: 

Reality is that the majority of Americans are against the policies and agenda that Trump is trying to push forward.

Funny how that "majority" are for the policies when you go down to the gym, meet friends at stores, and associate with everyday people ( and NOT Alt left or Alt right)!

Might be true with the people that you associate with. But then Trump's approval rating is in the toilet, where the Alt-Right and the KKK swim around.

Again, it depends upon the people you associate with (as you said). I don't know any Alt left or Alt right but most of the people I meet and associate with are conservatives.  They typically don't answer their phones (taking polling surveys) unless they recognize the caller-id. So, I'm sure that you are correct that Trump's approval is "in the toilet" with a large percentage of the population.  They weren't his voters and continue to be against him.

Those people that support his agenda still support him.  Those that call the supporters a "cult" or whatever, and you know what, the Trump supporters don't care what they are called! Trying to tie Trump with the KKK or any Alt right group isn't working either.  The only people that are being fooled are those that continue to call it a "cult".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 73

Just an observation: it is difficult to take seriously an opinion that is rife with ugly labels.

I am, and know many others who are, a moderate Republican. We tend to be social liberals and fiscal conservatives (loosely meaning we tend to hold that in a free society people can be dumb and do dumb things --sure go ahead-- just don't expect us to pay to fix your mess). I don't know that one of these peeps supports the KKK or the Alt-right. Or even read Breitbart. And we certainly are not all old white men.

Does it offend me that we are almost constantly maligned in this manner? Not really. Anymore I get the giggles from the pervasiveness of this ineffective jargon. A big part of me hopes the left never learns.

Yeah, ignore me. Carry on. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 73

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

ChasKy53 wrote: 

Reality is that the majority of Americans are against the policies and agenda that Trump is trying to push forward.

Funny how that "majority" are for the policies when you go down to the gym, meet friends at stores, and associate with everyday people ( and NOT Alt left or Alt right)!

Might be true with the people that you associate with. But then Trump's approval rating is in the toilet, where the Alt-Right and the KKK swim around.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 73

ChasKy53 wrote: 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 73

The only praise for Trump and any of his policies come from the most extreme right wing sources, like Breitbart and others. The extreme right fringe which includes the Alt-Right Nationalists and the KKK support the policies of Trump. It's a minority of Americans that support the agenda of the extreme right fringe and Trump's policies. Anyone living in the extreme right bubble can't see beyond it and think that Trump has much more support than he actually does.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views