Take a look at how people age around the world with this AARP special report: A New Age.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We need to root out white supremacy

Message 1 of 9

@rk9152 wrote:

A rather classless cartoon(?) Of course; it depicts the incredibly CLASSLESS person you support!!!  apparently endorsed by three four now....seemingly classless kudos and now you want to claim a kudo is classless?  Now that's funny....

downloadm.jpg

and taking the discussion to a point where no reasonable discussion is possible.  So, now it's a "discussion" again, but you can't respond?  Is that right?  How about responding to the initial post?  Do you think we need to root out White Supremacy?  Ya see?  It ain't that hard.....if you want to contribute to the topic.  Whining about others posts isn't always necessary.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@gruffstuff...  I recently read that playing ignorant about someone, who for years hasn't been associated with a publication they founded, is nothing but a way to distract from the thread's topic of white supremacists, bigots and racists in the Age of Trump. Do you know if that's accurate?

I have noticed many trump supporters "play ignorant" here on this forum; some every day.  I wonder if that is a reflection of:

Education, Not Income, Predicted Who Would Vote For Trump

Or was it:

RACISM, SEXISM, AND STATUS FEARS DROVE TRUMP VOTERS

Image result for trump cult cartoon

A rather classless cartoon(?) apparently endorsed by three seemingly classless kudos and taking the discussion to a point where no reasonable discussion is possible.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

What a delightfully truthful and factual cartoon - it should be on all WH Stationery...

Do you mean it isn't already?

No, he's saving that one for 2020. It'll give his re-election bid a boost. This one might be in use now, though.

Related image

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@alferdpacker wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

@gruffstuff...  I recently read that playing ignorant about someone, who for years hasn't been associated with a publication they founded, is nothing but a way to distract from the thread's topic of white supremacists, bigots and racists in the Age of Trump. Do you know if that's accurate?

I have noticed many trump supporters "play ignorant" here on this forum; some every day.  I wonder if that is a reflection of:

Or was it:

What a delightfully truthful and factual cartoon - it should be on all WH Stationery...

Do you mean it isn't already?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Or was it:

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@BigLib wrote:

Or was it:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9
@gruffstuff.........I recently read that the founder of Salon, David Talbot suffered a stroke in late 2017. I didn't find who is heading this group now. Do you know?
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

We need to root out white supremacy

Message 9 of 9

https://www.salon.com/2018/08/02/hate-spreads-in-trumps-america-we-need-to-root-out-white-supremacy-...

Hate spreads in Trump’s America: “We need to root out white supremacy just like the cancer it is”

Beginning with Donald Trump's presidential campaign, his defeat of Hillary Clinton, and now almost two years as president, there has been an almost unprecedented increase in hate crimes and other politically motivated violence against nonwhites, Muslims, Jews, gays and lesbians, and other people identified as some type of enemy by Trump and his supporters. The Southern Poverty Law Center has also documented how Donald Trump's most enthusiastic supporters among the white supremacist so-called "alt-right" have killed and injured dozens of people in both individual attacks as well as mass murder starting in 2014 through to January 2018.

Other human rights watchdog groups have also kept an accounting of the many dozens of incidents where Donald Trump's supporters have literally shouted his slogans while attacking individuals who are supposedly members of groups (such as nonwhite immigrants) he has vilified and thus dehumanized. Other researchers have highlighted how Donald Trump's anti-Muslim comments on the social media platform Twitter and also his hate rallies have been correlated with an increase in hate crimes and other violence.

This data is an aggregate expression of individual suffering. These victims have names. These victims of Trumpism are also members of a larger community who have now been collectively traumatized.

What are their stories? How does the systemic violence encouraged, protected, and spread by Donald Trump and his Republican Party hurt whole groups of people? In what ways is the short-term and long-term health negatively impacted for those Americans and others who have been targeted for harassment by Donald Trump and his movement? How are those individuals and communities who have been victimized by Donald Trump and his supporters fighting back? What does justice look and feel like for those people who have been assaulted — literally and figuratively — by Donald Trump and his self-appointed foot soldiers?

In an effort to answer these questions I recently spoke with Arjun Singh Sethi. He is law professor at Georgetown University Law Center and Vanderbilt University Law School, a civil rights lawyer, activist, and writer whose work has appeared at the Washington Post, USA Today, The Guardian and CNN. He is also the co-chair of  the American Bar Association’s National Committee on Homeland Security, Terrorism, and Treatment of Enemy Combatants.  He is the editor of the new book "American Hate: Survivors Speak Out".

This conversation has been edited for clarity and length.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Replies