Eye scans and gene editing are among the new frontiers in Alzheimer’s research! Learn more in AARP’s report on medical breakthroughs.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We asked about health care.

Message 11 of 15

And like those who blindly followed Hitler and Putin,  so do trump's blund mice follow him.

What Santayana wrote (in The Life of Reason, 1905) was: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Problem is it's not just " them ", it's our country. Our country is under attack, our freedom, our liberty, our lives, health and well being,  are under attack, our planet is under attack, as is every living thing on it.

They want to kill the planet and call it God's plan, anyone who speaks up gets slapped down.

Sound extreme, an exaggeration ?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/world/sutter-vanishing-help/

(CNN)The Earth is on the verge of a mass extinction event.

To understand how big of a deal that is you don't have to look much further than the definition of "mass extinction." It means that three-quarters of all species vanish -- forever.

In all of history, that's happened only five times.

The sixth extinction would be the first caused by humans.

As Der Spray Tan Fuhrer seeks to pull the US out of the Paris climate agreement and strip away the right to health care tens of millions Americans currently have.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

Crit--So right you are. Trump is clearly an authoritarian "leader," and is using the same propaganda as his infamous predecessors. And like those who blindly followed Hitler and Putin,  so do trump's blund mice follow him.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

This is how dictatorships start. A Dictator knows a free press isn't an enemy of the people, it's an enemy of dictators. That's why one of the first things Hitler did in the 1930s was arrest and/or kill any member of the press who tried telling the truth. That's what Vladimir Putin does and Trump's in the early stages of doing the same.

Donald "The Pathological Liar" Trump has conned his supporters into believing the press is their enemy. They aren't very bright so they don't understand that a free press is a core foundation in a Democracy.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

gruffstuff--Thank you for your article.  The republican inability to come up with a comprehensive health care program that actually help, rather than hurts people, may be part of this problem.  However, little donnie has declared war on the free press as he fabricates "witch hunts,' "hoaxes," "fake news," "the press is so unfair to me" and refused to let reporters ask questions.  (Remember, it wasn't so long ago that he told a CNN reporter, "No, you can't ask a question.  You're fake news.") Those with no moral compass of their own seem to be following the example of the fool, trump.  As with other types of violent upticks in this country, I place the phenomenon of reporters being arrested and abused squarely at trump's disgusting feet.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

We asked about health care.

Message 15 of 15

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/5/31/15719360/healthcare-ahca-protest-press-attack

I got arrested. Another reporter was punched. The common thread? We asked about health care. Sure seems like the GOP doesn't want to talk to the public about the AHCA.

Ben Jacobs got punched. I got arrested.

Times are tough for journalists.

I’ve been a reporter for 30 years. In that time, I’ve covered hurricanes and mine disasters, and interviewed people who were sure they were committing professional suicide by talking to me.

Who knew that asking a technical question about health insurance regulations would be the one to get me in trouble with the police?

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs