Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We asked about health care.

Message 1 of 15

@pc6063 wrote:

RK--Really?? The American people agree??  Who are these people??  Send documentation please. I find it incredulous that the most dishonest president in the history of our nation makes such claims and is believed.  Wow!  A known pathological liar makes such a ludicrous statement about the press, and he is believed.  He probably wasn't talking about FOX or any of those other RW Alt. Right sites that really do put out "fake news" though, as they cater to his insanity.

You are probably right, I oversimplified. The truth is that those who wallow in hatred for our President support the "news" sources that give them more to stew about.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

RK--Really?? The American people agree??  Who are these people??  Send documentation please. I find it incredulous that the most dishonest president in the history of our nation makes such claims and is believed.  Wow!  A known pathological liar makes such a ludicrous statement about the press, and he is believed.  He probably wasn't talking about FOX or any of those other RW Alt. Right sites that really do put out "fake news" though, as they cater to his insanity.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@CriticalThinking wrote:

He also called journalists “among the most dishonest human beings on earth,” 

Yes he did - and the American people agree.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

We asked about health care.

Message 4 of 15

In a visit to the Central Intelligence Agency intended to showcase his support for the intelligence community, Mr. Trump ignored his own repeated public statements criticizing the intelligence community, a group he compared to Nazis just over a week ago.

He also called journalists “among the most dishonest human beings on earth,” and he said that up to 1.5 million people had attended his inauguration, a claim that photographs disproved

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@gruffstuff wrote:

And like those who blindly followed Hitler and Putin,  so do trump's blund mice follow him.

What Santayana wrote (in The Life of Reason, 1905) was: “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”

Problem is it's not just " them ", it's our country. Our country is under attack, our freedom, our liberty, our lives, health and well being,  are under attack, our planet is under attack, as is every living thing on it.

They want to kill the planet and call it God's plan, anyone who speaks up gets slapped down.

Sound extreme, an exaggeration ?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/12/world/sutter-vanishing-help/

(CNN)The Earth is on the verge of a mass extinction event.

To understand how big of a deal that is you don't have to look much further than the definition of "mass extinction." It means that three-quarters of all species vanish -- forever.

In all of history, that's happened only five times.

The sixth extinction would be the first caused by humans.

As Der Spray Tan Fuhrer seeks to pull the US out of the Paris climate agreement and strip away the right to health care tens of millions Americans currently have.

O.K. "dictator" Trump wants to take us out of the Paris Agreement. Was that an agreement signed off on by the Senate or was it one put in place by one man speaking for the American people and the American government - all by himself?

An interesting thought to consider when labeling our President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@pc6063 wrote:

Crit--So right you are. Trump is clearly an authoritarian "leader," and is using the same propaganda as his infamous predecessors. And like those who blindly followed Hitler and Putin,  so do trump's blund mice follow him.

Crit - so wrong you are. Imagine Hitler's Germany or Putin's Russia - oh, heck, let's throw Mussolini in too for the "fascist" posters. Now, visualize someone showing a picture including a bloody, severed head of that leader.

I rest my case.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@CriticalThinking wrote:

This is how dictatorships start. A Dictator knows a free press isn't an enemy of the people, it's an enemy of dictators. That's why one of the first things Hitler did in the 1930s was arrest and/or kill any member of the press who tried telling the truth. That's what Vladimir Putin does and Trump's in the early stages of doing the same.

Donald "The Pathological Liar" Trump has conned his supporters into believing the press is their enemy. They aren't very bright so they don't understand that a free press is a core foundation in a Democracy.

There are rules regarding decorum in State Capitals. When those rules are violated, the police have protocols. Period, end of report.

How some guy named "Donald" gets into this is a mystery - was that the guard's name??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

On the other hand, it is possible that "The Resistance" has created an environment that encourages reporters to be overly aggressive and each of these acts was a reaction to that. 

I was not present in either insistence so the details are unknown to me. On the other hand, we apparently have at least one poster whose hatred is so strong for the President that he/she/it just knows that it is all his fault.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

E Tu Brutus!!!!!!!! 
Wow. we will have to accept that anything that doesn't conform with this Administration is now FAke News.  Fake News  Fake news.
so everyone is lying in order to protect Whom? themselves, their Networks, the Liberal Media?  The citizens of the US? 
Everyone all of a sudden in lying. noone in this country is actually dealing in truth of course, except Trump's tweets  and whatever he says, the chorus says amen.
I think all of this is great.!!!!! I heard Jim Baker a respected Republican say today that this Administration needs a Chief of Staff that will say to Trump NO. when he is doing things that are not correct.
He was that man during the Bush Administration and is a very conservative Republican that is seeing the lack of consistency and discipline in this WH
But, then we have the dissemination of Fake News, by this Administration and their amazing path to divert, change and try to conceal the truth in any of thier actions
We are seeing now many Republicans not in office that are amazed at what is happening today, and they are concerned.

If anyone here believes that no one in the media is truthful  the least that you can do before screaming Fake News, is to research.  and not repeat like a parrot what this Adminsitration is putting out there.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

Do these AARP commenters even read the links they provide. The fake-news reporter in West VA explained exactly why he was arrested. He or she wrote:

• "I must have repeated the question four times before the capitol police arrested me."

As the fake-news reporter explains, he or she was in a place he or she was not allowed and repetitively yelling like a loon at the Secret Service.

Hints to pretend snowflake fake-news journalists.

• Real journalists have sources and work over the phone, not by stalking people
  • Real journalists don't break into people's offices unannounced and uninvited yelling at  and threatening people (especially if they are a 90-pound weakling that wears glasses and the guy in the office weighs in as a light heavyweight and looks fairly fit).
  • And real journalists don't repetitively yell like a loon at the United States Secret Service. 
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors