Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We Have Met The Enemy and The Enemy Is us

Message 61 of 129

@Cirice wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Soosie, I happen to think that your cartoon is to the point. Your cartoon proves what I have been saying all along.

Trump is a reflection of what this society has become. Trump is us.

Is trump you?  If you say so.....

The enemy today is the same as it was 50, 60 years ago, and will be 20 years from now; it's ignorance. Just think Joe McCarthy.

Back then, McCarthy thought that the Communists were a danger and the left attacked him. Today the left is opposed to diplomacy with the Russians. They are one confused group. There is even one that thinks that the "meeting maker" is as great a danger as the Rosenbergs were.

"Have you no sense of decency, sir?"

That's a fine revisionist history book you're working on.

I think you are disagreeing with something I said but it is hard to tell from that - can you be a bit more specific as to what it is?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 129

@Olderscout66 wrote:

NATO's essential purpose, set out in the Washington Treaty and reiterated in the London Declaration , is to safeguard the freedom and security of all its members by political and military means in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter.

Nothing in there about bowing before Der Trumper or even approving his business scams, so small wonder Donny wants NATO gone - then his new BFF Vlad will make nice with another $400 Million and Lemontop will build the tallest skyscraper in Europe IN MOSCOW. Then he'll sign a mutual defense pact with Russia to curb the expansionist proclivities of Montenegro.

About Montenegro... it's a tiny country that fought on our side in WWI and WWII that was annexed into Yugoslavia after WWII. On 16 Oct 2016, Russia-backed dissidents staged a coup d'etat against the elected Government of Montenegro,and the two Russian leaders were arrested. Prior to this dastardly attempt to annex the Nation to Russia, Montenegro had declined to seek NATO membership, but after the coup attempt, they petitioned to join NATO and became full members in June of 2017 in an action APPROVED BY DONALD J TRUMP as POTUS and NATO member.

This triggered a promise of retaliatory actions by Russia, but at the time, they did not reveal they would use their PupPet POTUS to initiate the reprisals. Thought the GOPers in the audience should know just how low a snake they support.

Do you think that the Cold War might have been a factor?

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 129

@Soosie wrote:
Soosie says "I have reached the point that I see those who might need a new location." @mandm84........The title says, "We Have Met the Enemy and the Enemy is Us." For some reason there are those that cannot grasp who "us" is. As long as some keep the brain cog centered in one place there is no way there can be anything that is progressive. Think about this. If your car is stuck in mud and you just sit in it and think about the mud, what are your chances of getting it out and moving on? Some people see the enemy some place, perhaps in something that influenced us from the media or other means rather than seeing the enemy as the mindset we have allowed to control us. We ruin our destiny by doing this. It is WE, not him, not them......WE! US!

Yeah, some are indeed "stuck in the mud" and it's often Fox viewers who claim trump is an honorable man and would never cheat on his wife.  "I would never go with the Russians"....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 129
@scout.........I worry that your car is stuck in the mud.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 129

@Soosie wrote:
Soosie says "I have reached the point that I see those who might need a new location." @mandm84........The title says, "We Have Met the Enemy and the Enemy is Us." For some reason there are those that cannot grasp who "us" is. As long as some keep the brain cog centered in one place there is no way there can be anything that is progressive. Think about this. If your car is stuck in mud and you just sit in it and think about the mud, what are your chances of getting it out and moving on? Some people see the enemy some place, perhaps in something that influenced us from the media or other means rather than seeing the enemy as the mindset we have allowed to control us. We ruin our destiny by doing this. It is WE, not him, not them......WE! US!

The problem is only one side is telling outrageous lies designed to keep their members from seeing the real problem.

Only one side keeps saying its the Mexicans or the blacks or the women who forced your boss to give them your job and your payraise.

Only one side says only by giving MORE money to the Uberrich will things get better.

Only one side says we must work longer, pay more and receive less to fix social Security.

Only one side says global warming is a hoax and we should not try and do anything about it.

Only one side thinks its okay for their leader to commit sexual assault.

Only one side thinks taxation is theft.

Only one side thinks Gerrymanders are fine and voter suppression is necessary

That side is THE REPUBLICANS.

THEY ARE THE ENEMY OF FREEDOM AND DEMOCRACY.

Only by continuing to give equal time to the lies of the GOP will we doom our Nation to 3d World status and herald the rise of the American Oligarchs.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 129
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 129

Soosie says "I have reached the point that I see those who might need a new location."

--------------------

Must be talking about Trump. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 129
We have met the enemy, and ironically it is trump, repubs, and his base. They do not support the real America and patriotism. @williamb................Anyone who is really thinking would know that we are The United States. The very name implies that we are united. As long as people make comments like yours, we will fail. This county should not be divided. We should be working together to unite and succeed. If we are so weak we let our hatred for ONE man divide us, then we are dumb enough to fail. If we think we are only one man as a country, we fail. Smart people work together. Smart people do not sit back and moan. Smart people do not hit the streets and march for causes they sometimes don't really understand. Have you ever worked for a company where you were one of perhaps hundreds who were working for the success of the company? It is doubtful they all have the same likes, wants, ideas, but they do work for the success of that company. If they don't they find another location. I have reached the point that I see those who might need a new location.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 129

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Soosie, I happen to think that your cartoon is to the point. Your cartoon proves what I have been saying all along.

Trump is a reflection of what this society has become. Trump is us.

Is trump you?  If you say so.....

The enemy today is the same as it was 50, 60 years ago, and will be 20 years from now; it's ignorance. Just think Joe McCarthy.

Back then, McCarthy thought that the Communists were a danger and the left attacked him. Today the left is opposed to diplomacy with the Russians. They are one confused group. There is even one that thinks that the "meeting maker" is as great a danger as the Rosenbergs were.

"Have you no sense of decency, sir?"

That's a fine revisionist history book you're working on.

TRE45ON
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 129

NATO's essential purpose, set out in the Washington Treaty and reiterated in the London Declaration , is to safeguard the freedom and security of all its members by political and military means in accordance with the principles of the United Nations Charter.

Nothing in there about bowing before Der Trumper or even approving his business scams, so small wonder Donny wants NATO gone - then his new BFF Vlad will make nice with another $400 Million and Lemontop will build the tallest skyscraper in Europe IN MOSCOW. Then he'll sign a mutual defense pact with Russia to curb the expansionist proclivities of Montenegro.

About Montenegro... it's a tiny country that fought on our side in WWI and WWII that was annexed into Yugoslavia after WWII. On 16 Oct 2016, Russia-backed dissidents staged a coup d'etat against the elected Government of Montenegro,and the two Russian leaders were arrested. Prior to this dastardly attempt to annex the Nation to Russia, Montenegro had declined to seek NATO membership, but after the coup attempt, they petitioned to join NATO and became full members in June of 2017 in an action APPROVED BY DONALD J TRUMP as POTUS and NATO member.

This triggered a promise of retaliatory actions by Russia, but at the time, they did not reveal they would use their PupPet POTUS to initiate the reprisals. Thought the GOPers in the audience should know just how low a snake they support.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors