Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: We Have Met The Enemy and The Enemy Is us

Message 41 of 129

@Soosie wrote:
Please tell us exactly what it is that you are doing to unite us.@Cirice...........I will be nice and let you go first.

Progressives are working to Unite the American people by exposing the vile, lurid and disgusting LIES Republicans tell and by trying to advance legislation that will improve the lives of ALL Americans while blocking the Republican agenda that only benefits the top of the 1%.

Why do you constantly post vile, lurid and disgusting cartoons that advance the LIES that divide us?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 129

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Anyone who is really thinking would know that we are The United States. The very name implies that we are united. As long as people make comments like yours, we will fail. This county should not be divided. We should be working together to unite and succeed. If we are so weak we let our hatred for ONE man divide us, then we are dumb enough to fail. If we think we are only one man as a country, we fail. Smart people work together. Smart people do not sit back and moan. Smart people do not hit the streets and march for causes they sometimes don't really understand. Have you ever worked for a company where you were one of perhaps hundreds who were working for the success of the company? It is doubtful they all have the same likes, wants, ideas, but they do work for the success of that company. If they don't they find another location. I have reached the point that I see those who might need a new location.

Please tell us exactly what it is that you are doing to unite us.

While I am sure that Soosie will have a more extensive answer for "us".  Well, so far you are wrong again.....

I would like to correct "us" - we were not divided by ONE man; we were and are divided by the irrational hatred for ONE man. Only to deployables is loathing a liar, and misogynist and bigot, irrational.  IMO, it's "irrational" to adore such a person, especially if one considers themselves a Christian.

Enablers - ignobelers; deplorables - deployables; so many silly names, so little time.  And they all fit so well to describe the ignorance America faces.

However, you throw in your hate-filled definitions of our President and then question why others are not lining up with you. Another untruth posted here by a trump cult member. I never question why others are not lining up with me....I know the majority of Americans and I are in the same line.   It may come as a surprise to you but there are Americans who "hire" a President; a respectful and honorab;leo a job and judge him as President based on his job performance. I know; we saw it daily just two years ago when we had a respectful and honorable man living in the White House.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 129

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

NATO and the member contries have supported America's ideals and values for decades.  Russia has NOT.

Is that the function and reason for existence of NATO?

No, and the purpose of the President isn't to divide American's, but that doesn't seem to trouble you.

Evasive - again, is that the function and reason for NATO?

If you don't have an answer you can always post a rabbit-hole picture or something deep about Judge Judy.

It's always informative to see lo-fo responses here.  Now the word "no" to a yes/no question is evasive; so they repeat the question.

Image result for judge judy gif noddingr?

O.K.  So now "no" is an acceptable answer?  So why all the silly games?

no, it is not the job of the President to divide American's. Agreed, yet you accept what he does when he attacks groups of American's.  Why is that?

President Trump isn't - Are others supposed to accept your word on that?  I don't and won't. He did when he referred to Mexicans as rapists and murders....he did when he claimed an American judge couldn't be objective because of his heritage.....just to name two examples.....there are many examples.

Record-High 77% of Americans Perceive Nation as Divided

Study: Americans more divided along party lines than ever

So why should other accept your biased claim of, "he didn't" when the facts show otherwise?

so how did you get to the Judge and "lo-fo"?  The above made it clear.....

Now, back to NATO - since that isn't their job, why can't we continue that issue rather than the diversion into something about the President?  NATO isn't the topic; but it IS your diversion.....But again, thanks for asking.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 129

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Anyone who is really thinking would know that we are The United States. The very name implies that we are united. As long as people make comments like yours, we will fail. This county should not be divided. We should be working together to unite and succeed. If we are so weak we let our hatred for ONE man divide us, then we are dumb enough to fail. If we think we are only one man as a country, we fail. Smart people work together. Smart people do not sit back and moan. Smart people do not hit the streets and march for causes they sometimes don't really understand. Have you ever worked for a company where you were one of perhaps hundreds who were working for the success of the company? It is doubtful they all have the same likes, wants, ideas, but they do work for the success of that company. If they don't they find another location. I have reached the point that I see those who might need a new location.

While I am sure that Soosie will have a more extensive answer for "us". I would like to correct "us" - we were not divided by ONE man; we were and are divided by the irrational hatred for ONE man.

Pants-On-Fire-FALSE. The hatred from the Right began with them forming up behind Nixon because he hated Hippies and Blacks - the actual target for his abysmal failure "War On Drugs".

The hate was further stoked by Reagan with his "Welfare Queen driving her Welfare Cadillac" while his taxscam redistributed all the gains the Middle Class had made since 1934 over to the Uberrich.

Then we had the Right's hatred of Muslims needed to support jrbush's needless War for Oil and the Glory immense profits of Haliburton. This followed by 8 years of unrelenting nonsense from the Birthers led by Donny Trump and a concerted effort by elected Republicans to insure no black man would ever have a legacy as POTUS.

The GOPerLords have spent millions sending their dupes the message that OPPOSING all those hateful things means the opposition is being hateful, and the moronic base of the GOP buys it, and swallows it whole without even chewing.

Sorry GOPers - You and your party are the origin of all the hate in American politics today. You cannot get better until you admit your problem, which is exactly why your GOPerLords keep feeding you lies to make you think its not YOUR problem.

If I understand your point, the hatred that has people shooting Members of Congress and dreaming about blowing up the WH is because of something that you see as happening 40 years ago not GOPerDupes and "Trump sucks" today. Is that right?

BTW - I agree the War on Drugs was about as effective as the War on Poverty but I know you like to consider the additional penalties for crack as being racist but I shall once again remind you that it was done at the behest of the CBC.

And, naturally, as one who worships at the alter of wealth redistribution, allowing the productive to keep more of their earnings 30 years ago is probably why antifa is out beating people up because they disagree with them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 129

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

While I am sure that Soosie will have a more extensive answer for "us".  Well, so far you are wrong again.....

I would like to correct "us" - we were not divided by ONE man; we were and are divided by the irrational hatred for ONE man. Only to deployables is loathing a liar, and misogynist and bigot, irrational.  IMO, it's "irrational" to adore such a person, especially if one considers themselves a Christian.

Enablers - ignobelers; deplorables - deployables; so many silly names, so little time.

However, you throw in your hate-filled definitions of our President and then question why others are not lining up with you. It may come as a surprise to you but there are Americans who "hire" a President to do a job and judge him as President based on his job performance. Please notice the phrasing - "judge him" not "adore him" as President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 129

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Obviously, they aren't doing a thing and think defending a liar, a bigot and racist, giving our resources to the wealthy, increasing the wage gap, removing access to healthcare, etc. is the best way to "unite us".  I think they are ignorant.

One half of that seems like the usual litany without getting to the Nazi, fascist, alt-right, etc. section. And the second seems like a call for wealth redistribution. Cool!!! a little more "closet evacuation" from the left.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 129

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

NATO and the member contries have supported America's ideals and values for decades.  Russia has NOT.

Is that the function and reason for existence of NATO?

No, and the purpose of the President isn't to divide American's, but that doesn't seem to trouble you.

Evasive - again, is that the function and reason for NATO?

If you don't have an answer you can always post a rabbit-hole picture or something deep about Judge Judy.

It's always informative to see lo-fo responses here.  Now the word "no" to a yes/no question is evasive; so they repeat the question.

Image result for judge judy gif nodding

O.K. - no, it is not the job of the President to divide American's. President Trump isn't - so how did you get to the Judge and "lo-fo"?

Now, back to NATO - since that isn't their job, why can't we continue that issue rather than the diversion into something about the President?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 129

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

While I am sure that Soosie will have a more extensive answer for "us". I would like to correct "us" - we were not divided by ONE man; we were and are divided by the irrational hatred for ONE man.

Pants-On-Fire-FALSE. The hatred from the Right began with them forming up behind Nixon because he hated Hippies and Blacks - the actual target for his abysmal failure "War On Drugs".

The hate was further stoked by Reagan with his "Welfare Queen driving her Welfare Cadillac" while his taxscam redistributed all the gains the Middle Class had made since 1934 over to the Uberrich.

Then we had the Right's hatred of Muslims needed to support jrbush's needless War for Oil and the Glory immense profits of Haliburton. This followed by 8 years of unrelenting nonsense from the Birthers led by Donny Trump and a concerted effort by elected Republicans to insure no black man would ever have a legacy as POTUS.

The GOPerLords have spent millions sending their dupes the message that OPPOSING all those hateful things means the opposition is being hateful, and the moronic base of the GOP buys it, and swallows it whole without even chewing.

Sorry GOPers - You and your party are the origin of all the hate in American politics today. You cannot get better until you admit your problem, which is exactly why your GOPerLords keep feeding you lies to make you think its not YOUR problem.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 129

@rk9152 wrote:

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 129

@Cirice wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

Obviously, they aren't doing a thing and think defending a liar, a bigot and racist, giving our resources to the wealthy, increasing the wage gap, removing access to healthcare, etc. is the best way to "unite us".  I think they are ignorant.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors