Honored Social Butterfly

Washington Post-ABC News poll, Jan. 20-23, 2020

https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/washington-post-abc-news-poll-jan-20-23-2020/50b73242-0f99-47...

Americans still divided on Trump’s removal from office, but a strong economy is boosting his approva...

Part of the link..

Two-thirds of Americans in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll say the U.S. Senate should call new witnesses at Donald Trump’s impeachment trial, and the public is divided on his removal from office – even as Trump’s approval rating has rallied to match his career high.

Forty-four percent now approve of Trump’s performance in office; 51% disapprove, maintaining his position as the first president in modern history never to achieve majority approval. That said, bolstered by the economy, his approval is up 6% since late October, with disapproval down 7 points to a new low.

Trump, moreover, reaches majority approval on another measure – 56%, a career high, for his handling of the economy, up 10 points from early September. Those who approve of his work on the economy are far more apt than others also to approve of his job performance overall.

See PDF for full results, charts and tables.

Views on Trump’s handling of his impeachment, by comparison, are far weaker, at 39% – unchanged in the past month and a wide 17 points lower than his rating on the economy.

Divisions on impeachment remain sharp in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates. The public narrowly approves of the House vote to impeach Trump, 52-45%, while splitting, 47-49%, on whether the Senate should or should not remove him from office. Partisanship prevails; 83% of Democrats favor Trump’s removal, while 88% of Republicans oppose it. Among independents, 42% back removing Trump, with 51% opposed.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TomD857140 posted..

I strongly disapprove of many of President Trump's personal traits, and especially his "tweets" and personal comments. I strongly approve of his official actions as President, especially his economic policies.

Overall, my opinion is that we are much better off with Mr. Trump as president than we would be with any of the other contenders.
EYE OPENERS>>>... submitted by JANMB  

Fed study finds Trump tariffs backfired. as      tariffs meant job losses, higher prices for U.S. manufacturing sector (reported by MARKET WATCH ) 

Trump’s immigration policies have been a failure His record speaks for itself    Mexico didn't pay for any WALL and thousands of children were separated from parents.  

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-tax-plan-consequences/

Corporations will repatriate trillions of dollars stashed offshore back to the U.S

“We expect to have in excess of $4 trillion brought back very shortly.”– President Donald Trump, Aug. 7, 2018.     >>>>>>> So far the trillions haven’t materialized. and thus the Trump administration is considering a rule change that would make it easier for American companies to stash money offshore to avoid U.S. taxes, despite the president’s repeated campaign promises to bring offshore cash back home.

Change in Dow                       S&P 500
Clinton I    +43.7%               Clinton  1   +29.2%
Clinton II   +60.3                   Clinton ll    +70.9  
TRUMP    +28.5%                 TRUMP    +25.1%  
 Phillip Bump/ Washington Post   

Honored Social Butterfly

@JANMB wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TomD857140 posted..

I strongly disapprove of many of President Trump's personal traits, and especially his "tweets" and personal comments. I strongly approve of his official actions as President, especially his economic policies.

Overall, my opinion is that we are much better off with Mr. Trump as president than we would be with any of the other contenders.

Fed study finds Trump tariffs backfired. as      tariffs meant job losses, higher prices for U.S. manufacturing sector (reported by MARKET WATCH ) 

Trump’s immigration policies have been a failure His record speaks for itself    Mexico didn't pay for any WALL and thousands of children were separated from parents.  

Corporations will repatriate trillions of dollars stashed offshore back to the U.S

“We expect to have in excess of $4 trillion brought back very shortly.”– President Donald Trump, Aug. 7, 2018.     >>>>>>> So far the trillions haven’t materialized. and thus the Trump administration is considering a rule change that would make it easier for American companies to stash money offshore to avoid U.S. taxes, despite the president’s repeated campaign promises to bring offshore cash back home.

Facts are wasted on tRump supporters.  Simple fact.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@JANMB wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TomD857140 posted..

Well if you're going to insist on posting facts... you'll ruin all the good arguments.Smiley Tongue

Regular Contributor

I strongly disapprove of many of President Trump's personal traits, and especially his "tweets" and personal comments.  I strongly approve of his official actions as President, especially his economic policies.

Honored Social Butterfly

TomD wrote, "I strongly disapprove of many of President Trump's personal traits, and especially his "tweets" and personal comments.  I strongly approve of his official actions as President, especially his economic policies."

Tom's comments highlight the massive hypocrisy in Trump World. Even though Trump is a pathological liar who surrounds himself with convicted felons, has no respect for the rule of law, and insults people 7 days a week, just because my portfolio is doing well, I'm going to ignore all of the above (and a lot more).

Is Trump the kind of role model we want for Tom's kids and grandchildren?

Economy

It's not the point of this post, but I could highlight many things Trump has done which are BAD for the long term health of the economy.

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

TomD wrote, "I strongly disapprove of many of President Trump's personal traits, and especially his "tweets" and personal comments.  I strongly approve of his official actions as President, especially his economic policies."

Tom's comments highlight the massive hypocrisy in Trump World. Even though Trump is a pathological liar who surrounds himself with convicted felons, has no respect for the rule of law, and insults people 7 days a week, just because my portfolio is doing well, I'm going to ignore all of the above (and a lot more).

Is Trump the kind of role model we want for Tom's kids and grandchildren?

Economy

It's not the point of this post, but I would point out many things Trump has done which are BAD for the long term health of the economy.

But dontcha know we are supposed to accept all of the corruption of tRump and those surrounding him based on a faux economy where income and wealth disparity is growing exponentially in America. tRump supporters are like lemmings following each other off of a cliff.

lemmings cartoon

Honored Social Butterfly

TomD857140 posted..

=========================================================
Well stated and the way many see Trump.
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@KidBoy2 wrote:
TomD857140 posted..

=========================================================
Well stated and the way many see Trump.

But not the majority.

Honored Social Butterfly

KidBoy2:  Forty-four percent now approve of Trump’s performance in office; 51% disapprove, maintaining his position as the first president in modern history never to achieve majority approval.

That's nothing to brag about, in fact it's dismal.

Social Butterfly

Two-thirds of Americans in a new ABC News/Washington Post poll say the U.S. Senate should call new witnesses at Donald Trump’s impeachment trial,

Let's go with that.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png