Find answers to your Social Security questions in the AARP Social Security resource center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Warren Leads Biden - Des Moines Register Iowa Poll

Message 21 of 30

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm sorry guys, but I disagree. In order to beat Trump, we need a mainstream candidate whom blue collar workers in the rust belt states can accept and vote for him/her. Elizabeth Warren isn't that person.

Not so fast Kemahsabe.....Warren was in 3rd place just 2 weeks ago in Iowa.....she may do the same in other rust belt states.  Have you been to Des Moines before?  It's a little rusty.....literally!!!

Jokes aside.....Warren has a populist like message.....she'll do well....but it's far too early to get so worked up like our fellow poster.  

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Warren Leads Biden - Des Moines Register Iowa Poll

Message 22 of 30

I'm sorry guys, but I disagree. In order to beat Trump, we need a mainstream candidate whom blue collar workers in the rust belt states can accept and vote for him/her. Elizabeth Warren isn't that person.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 30

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I’m an anyone but Trump person, but Warren is my favorite. I LOVE super-smart, nerdy, policy wonks. 😎

It would be especially delicious, given how much contempt Trump shows for women, for him to be beaten by a woman.

-----and his lame and childish Pocahontas attacks.....

Image result for trump pocahontas attacks navaho

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 30

I am greatly concerned by all of this.  I wish that people would actually be able to convince me that Warren is the correct candidate.

If anyone here can actually tell me and convince me that she would be able to function as President. I would vote for her.\
My vision of seeing Warren as President in front of a Republican Senate is too vivid to disregard. Mainly because even I ,would not be comfortable with her vision of what she wants to do.
I will not vote for Medicare for all. I will not vote for open borders, I will not vote to erase the student loans there are too many things that she wants us to believe that she can accomplish, and not one iota on how woudl be her plan to do so.
She is asking us to jump and be fearless, that was ok when I was 20 but when you are over 50  people don't jump before evaluating the consequences.
I am really afraid that with her as candidate, the Republican party will not loose the Senate and will not consider anything that she wants to do. and as we all know, there are nothing that no one can do about that. So please if anyone knows, tell me on how she may produce the results that she is talking about

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 30

I am greatly concerned by all of this.  I wish that people would actually be able to convince me that Warren is the correct candidate.

If anyone here can actually tell me and convince me that she would be able to function as President. I would vote for her.\
My vision of seeing Warren as President in front of a Republican Senate is too vivid to disregard. Mainly because even I ,would not be comfortable with her vision of what she wants to do.
I will not vote for Medicare for all. I will not vote for open borders, I will not vote to erase the student loans there are too many things that she wants us to believe that she can accomplish, and not one iota on how woudl be her plan to do so.
She is asking us to jumb and be fearless, that was ok when I was 20 but when you are over 50  people don't jumg before evaluating the consequences.
I am really afraid that with her as candidate, the Republican party will not loose the Senate and will not consider anything that she wants to do. and as we all know, there are nothing that no one can do about that. So please if anyone knows, tell me on how she may produce the results that she is talking about

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 30

Not surprised, I like Warren and Sanders, I support both. Add Andrew Yang to that list.

Andrew Yang is actually pretty impressive if you take the time to listen to his ideas. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 30

I’m an anyone but Trump person, but Warren is my favorite. I LOVE super-smart, nerdy, policy wonks. 😎

It would be especially delicious, given how much contempt Trump shows for women, for him to be beaten by a woman.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 30

This is very good to read. I've had high regard for Elizabeth Warren since I I first became aware of her when President Obama appointed her to oversee the establishment of The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I believe she is an outstanding public servant in the truest sense.

She's consistently energetic and super smart in her work ethics. Looking at her ongoing legislation records, and her twitter posts, both demonstrating her wisdom and fortitude for improving the lives of Americans. Include also to her benefit the amount of skillful coordination it takes to get this work done and there can be no doubt in her efforts to daily fulfill her oath of office.

The polling data, from earlier this month, in the following link is fun to play with and quite encouraging, as it shows the leading candidates vs dt.  I believe the Dem are going to keep pulling ahead and together gaining the strength and power necessary for the majority of US citizens to loudly and clearly evict the current corrupt, so called president from our White House.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_biden-6247.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 30

Not surprised .....

Biden was the safe bet.

But Warren and Sanders are the exciting choices .... but their Medicare for ALL worries many Americans.

In any case .....

The most important thing is to vote Trump out of office!

The second most important is to vote Trump out of office with a landslide!

The third most important is to vote out Republicans from the Senate and restore its control to Democrats!

We need people in Congress and the Executive Office who respect the will of the American people instead of  cowering down to and allowing  a single pathetic lobby (the NRA) to control American government!

NRA controlled Republicans treat the NRA as a branch of government .... and the most powerful branch.

This unconstitutional garbage needs to end and the only way to end it is to vote Republicans out of office!!!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 30 of 30

Elizabeth Warren edges out Joe Biden in Des Moines Register Iowa poll

The poll has long been considered the most accurate of the crucial first-in-the-nation caucus state.
Image: Elizabeth Warren
Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Elizabeth Warren speaks at the Polk County Democrats Steak Fry, Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, in Des Moines, Iowa.Charlie Neibergall / AP

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion: