Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

Message 61 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

Centris.....WHO do you think you're fooling on that reply??   Let's go over this again!!

1. How do you know they never identified themselves as police officers, who yells "show us your hands" repeatedly when being chased?  It's a crime infested neighborhood. Cops still have to identify themselves whether you like it or not.  You don' think this kid saw the helicopter above with lights shining down on him too???  I don't make assumptions.  I'll leave that to you.  Hahahahaha.....nice try!!

2. Yes he pulled something solid out...but remember he also had a crow bar with him and in the dark NEITHER items could be identified. It's my understanding no crowbar was found at the scene.  Do you evidence indicating otherwise? He should have been ON THE GROUND but instead started approaching the cops  Again, haven't heard that.  (yes one cop was BLACK, So?) with something unidentifiable in his hands!  Wow, could have been a bible.

3. You missed the point AGAIN....when a cop is chasing someone who REFUSES to surrender and then turns around and APPROACHES them with SOMETHING IN HIS HANDS....the cop can only assume the WORST!!  That's sad....He has no time to ask questions.....the perp has already shown noncompliance NUMEROUS TIMES during that chase!!  No disagreement there.  But, they shot him 8 times, 7 in the back.  How does that fit your story?

4. "Waiting and calling for help" while the Perp is coming at you with something in his hands???  Whose story is that?  Surely even YOU aren't naive enough to believe that statement!!  I'm not naive enough to believe everthing your saying....

5. What .....the cop's safety doesn't count?  What.....now your going to make stuff up.  A man is dead.....the cops said he had a gun, he didn't.  He was shot 8 times, 7 in the back.

6. The body camera recorded the cops yelling "show us your hands" repeatedly and those cops were in full uniform!!  Oh, I thought it was dark.....

7. When a cop orders you to STOP........DO IT!!!   It's a NO BRAINER!!!

If you know it's a cop..... Quit trying to softsoak this kid and his actions......this kid HAD A POLICE RECORD....AND WAS ALREADY ON PROBATION, So?  was running from the cops just after being seen smashing windows, then when cornered, he turned and CAME AT THEM with something unidentifialble in his hands IN THE DARK!!!   We'll see what the investigation reveals.  So what are they supposed to assume?? Depends if there story pans out....  Thanks for asking.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 154

@ChasKy53wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

Yes, of a few obsessive police haters. I would hardly call defending the brave men and women of the various police forces "childish".

Care to name the "police haters"?   Defending the actions of the police when a killing is not warranted is the childish part. It's also childish to accuse others of being police haters when they point out how many are killed by the police in America, point out killings where the victims were unarmed and running away, or where circumstances show clearly that the killing was unnecessary.

Sure - anyone who brings up the Post "victims" list. And those who find every instance no matter how obscure relevant to death by police where there is a question without awaiting the official findings certainly qualify.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 154

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Trump Cult Members:

• Defend everything Trump says or does
  • Never disagree with Trump
  • Never criticize Trump
  • Believe everything Trump says
  • Finally, they DENY all of the above

Got it, you do not like our President nor those who do not post he "suck". But getting away from your obsession in that area - which bullet point do you think relates to the cops?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 154

@Olderscout66wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@Olderscout66wrote:

Republicans cannot be reasoned with. No matter how vile the crime and how overwhelming the evidence of guilt, those they consider members of their tribe are innocent. The only way to stop the vile crimes of those police few police who use their badge to practice murder instead of serven and protect is to emiminate the power of NRAGOP to protect them.

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER!

MAKE AMERICA SANE AGAIN!

What member of your supposed Republican tribe are you ranting about?

All those who condone police shooting innocent unarmed civilians and falsely claim those of us who oppose such abuse of power are "anti-cop".

I have seen no one condone. Do you have any proof to substantiate your offensive charges?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 154

@Olderscout66wrote:

Despite obsification by the NRAGOP, the issue is NOT police having to use deadly force when they get shot at or run over by criminals seeking to escape.

The issue is rogue cops shooting unarmed civilians going about their business WITHOUT committing any crimes.

How many of the lefty's "victims" list do you suppose your definition applies to?

Your "obsification" (whatever that is) claim might make more sense if that "victims'" list were not constantly brought up and updated. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

War on Cops? Hardly!

Message 66 of 154

Really don't care what CurtB thinks, but since he addressed a bogus post to me, I decided to respond.

• I am not a liberal
  • I heavily criticized Hillary many times
  • I periodically disagreed with and criticized President Obama
  • None of the above is synonomous with cult behavior

I realize CurtB apparently gets a kick out of referring to anyone who criticizes Trump by using what he thinks is the ultimate insult, calling them a liberal. But he's as seriously wrong about that as he is about that stupid Uranium One allegation.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

Scout, You're right......NO civilian needs a machine gun, fully automatic weapon or large capacity magazine.  I'm not aruging that in any way.  I have no idea where you got that....

Nor do they need the SEMI-automatic version that is used by our Armed Forces. The Semi-auto with a "3 round burst" option (seldom used by our Troops, who prefer the semi-auto mode in combat) replaced the automatic option shortly after we left Vietnam,

The semi-automatic rifles pushed by the NRAGOP fire 120 times per minute for extended periods WITHOUT any modification and 400rpm with the "bumpstock", also promoted by the NRAGOP. Granted, at those rates it's hard to aim, but not so hard they didn't find and kill 17 children in Florida and 57 concert goers in Vagas plus hundreds killed with the "unaimed" rounds that miss the intended target of criminals and angry gun owners.

Keep the NRAGOP from killing any more children! VOTE THEM OUT!

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 154

Centris.....WHO do you think you're fooling on that reply??   Let's go over this again!!

1. How do you know they never identified themselves as police officers, who yells "show us your hands" repeatedly when being chased?  You don' think this kid saw the helicopter above with lights shining down on him too???   Hahahahaha.....nice try!!

2. Yes he pulled something solid out...but remember he also had a crow bar with him and in the dark NEITHER items could be identified.  He should have been ON THE GROUND but instead started approaching the cops (yes one cop was BLACK) with something unidentifiable in his hands!

3. You missed the point AGAIN....when a cop is chasing someone who REFUSES to surrender and then turns around and APPROACHES them with SOMETHING IN HIS HANDS....the cop can only assume the WORST!!  He has no time to ask questions.....the perp has already shown noncompliance NUMEROUS TIMES during that chase!!

4. "Waiting and calling for help" while the Perp is coming at you with something in his hands???  Surely even YOU aren't naive enough to believe that statement!!

5. What .....the cop's safety doesn't count?  

6. The body camera recorded the cops yelling "show us your hands" repeatedly and those cops were in full uniform!!

7. When a cop orders you to STOP........DO IT!!!   It's a NO BRAINER!!!

Quit trying to softsoak this kid and his actions......this kid HAD A POLICE RECORD....AND WAS ALREADY ON PROBATION, was running from the cops just after being seen smashing windows, then when cornered, he turned and CAME AT THEM with something unidentifialble in his hands IN THE DARK!!!   So what are they supposed to assume??

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

Say.....how's that Uranium One deal going??  You know...the one that Obama and the Clintons

were IMMERSED in with the RUSSIANS (who you keep harping about)??

Libs.....feeling "insulted" yet??    ;-)  

That's the problem with GOPers - once duped, forever duped.

Uranium One was the sale of a DEFUNCT, OUT OF PRODUCTION, OBSOLETE processing facility in the US that was attached to other Canadian properties that could not export any Uranium WITHOUT additional Canadian Government approval.

Meanwhile, back at the rahncho (Russian pronunciation of Ranch) Russia has the left-over highly enriched PLUTONIUM and URANIUM for around 10,000 nukes to go with the 9,000 they've still got. They had much more, but President Obama signed a deal where WE would "denature" the weapons grade stuff back to the 3-4% concentration used in power plants, which is now fueling a number of OUR Nuclear power plants.

That's the difference between Regressives and Progressives - the Regressives want to jail their enemies based on lies and ignorant bumperstickers. Progressives want Der Trumper jailed for actual crimes against the United States, like rigging the election using the KGB/FSB, undermining NATO and recognizing Russia's annexation of the Crimea.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 154

Scout, You're right......NO civilian needs a machine gun, fully automatic weapon or large capacity magazine.  I'm not aruging that in any way.  I have no idea where you got that....

Kudos
Views