Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
189
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

189 Views
Message 41 of 154

@alferdpackerwrote:

 



Doesn't using language meant to impress others point out attempting to exhibit a superior attitude?  But comes across otherwise?


That's an interesting opinion that is not supported by any proved facts...

 

You are cordially invited to provide proved scientifically valid facts...(yes, I realize I'm being multiply redundant - attribute it to snark)

 

It should be noted that only I - and not you - can accurately and truthfully state what my intent is...



 


Your apparent hit-and-run remarks gives an indication that says I am correct in my assessment.  This is an informal venue for discussion although there is those on the left (some claiming to be centrists although their posts says otherwise) cannot stand that they can't get their way.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
189
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
192
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

192 Views
Message 42 of 154

 


@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:


Isn't doing one's best and utmost to avoid letting human fallibility taint and corrupt one's actions the essential standard that every truly patriotic citizen strives to meet?

 


Doesn't using language meant to impress others point out attempting to exhibit a superior attitude?  But comes across otherwise?


That's an interesting opinion that is not supported by any proved facts...

 

You are cordially invited to provide proved scientifically valid facts...(yes, I realize I'm being multiply redundant - attribute it to snark)

 

It should be noted that only I - and not you - can accurately and truthfully state what my intent is...

 

I will state my intent for a payment in advance of $250,000 - cash only - used 20s, 50s and 100s - no consecutive serial numbers - no counterfeit bills - collectible confederate money will be allowed after appraisal...

 

Vaya con huevos

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
192
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
200
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

200 Views
Message 43 of 154

@alferdpackerwrote:


Isn't doing one's best and utmost to avoid letting human fallibility taint and corrupt one's actions the essential standard that every truly patriotic citizen strives to meet?

 


Doesn't using language meant to impress others point out attempting to exhibit a superior attitude?  But comes across otherwise?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
200
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
191
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

191 Views
Message 44 of 154

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:


 

Out of a population of 325.7 million Americans?  Astronomical odds.  A very less than Christian like position.


So what does that have to do with a secular discussion?  And when did religion enter the topic?  Are you qualified to judge what is a 'Christian-like' position? 

 

Of course when one can't answer decently, they attempt to insult....just like back on the streets?

 

Can you answer why you expect every cop to be perfect and not have human fallibility?  Is it because the poster thinks he is perfect, as he presents himself, and expects others to be the same?


Isn't doing one's best and utmost to avoid letting human fallibility taint and corrupt one's actions the essential standard that every truly patriotic citizen strives to meet?

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
191
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
185
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

185 Views
Message 45 of 154

We all know what the bogus fabrication of so called "war on cops" is based upon...

 

The number of cops being caught and convicted has been steadily rising thereby causing some to doubt the infallibility, honesty, and truthfulness of cops arrested, charged, tried, and convicted of criminal acts....

 

Between citizen videos, dashcams, and mandatory body cams - even more dishonest cops have been caught - a number that will inexorably continue to increase...

 

So - complain about "war on cops" - we approve of self outing...

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
185
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
185
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

185 Views
Message 46 of 154

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

From the NPR article about the deaths of police officers:

"Twelve deaths, horrible as they are, have to be put into the statistical context of a country with close to a million law enforcement officers. Stoughton says statistical context is important".

 

If that is so, what statistical value have the occasional questionable shooting or chocking (sic) cent harps on?  "Statistical value?" Didn't you claim "all lives matter"?  I didn't believe you actually meant that either...Just quoting NPR. You'll have to take it up with them.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
185
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
178
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

178 Views
Message 47 of 154

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:
 

cent - what offensive charges by scout are substantiated by one questionable shooting?  What's offensive is suggesting there's been only one questionable shooting. When did scout say that?


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
178
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
190
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

190 Views
Message 48 of 154

Number of officers killed hits 2nd-lowest in more than 50 years

 

The number of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty dropped sharply in 2017, marking the second-lowest toll in more than 50 years.

 

As of Thursday, 128 officers have died in the line of duty this year, with 44 shot and killed. That's down 10% from 2016, when 143 officers died, with 66 gunned down, according to data released by the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, a nonprofit aimed at honoring officers and improving safety.

 

The only other year with fewer deaths in the past five decades was 2013, when 116 officers were killed. 

 

"This is one of those good-news, bad-news situations," said Craig Floyd, president and chief executive of the fund. "On one hand, you had 128 officers who made the ultimate sacrifice, showing the cost of public safety, but for the first time since 2013, the number of deaths has actually declined."

 

Number of officers killed hits 2nd-lowest in more than 50 years


 


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
190
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
182
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

182 Views
Message 49 of 154

@Centristsin2010wrote:


 

Out of a population of 325.7 million Americans?  Astronomical odds.  A very less than Christian like position.


So what does that have to do with a secular discussion?  And when did religion enter the topic?  Are you qualified to judge what is a 'Christian-like' position? 

 

Of course when one can't answer decently, they attempt to insult....just like back on the streets?

 

Can you answer why you expect every cop to be perfect and not have human fallibility?  Is it because the poster thinks he is perfect, as he presents himself, and expects others to be the same?

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
182
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
183
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

183 Views
Message 50 of 154

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:


What a lame comment. Of course, who cannot do better at anything? Of course, but usually no one's dead.  If you trouble yourself to actually read the first post in the topics about the annual numbers, you'd note "we can do better" is in the topic.  Yet a few here just prefer to attack the poster instead of acknowledging, "Of course" as you have here. Glad to see you finally got up to speed.

 

Again, of course we can do better - that is true about just about everything and is certainly not justification for constant and obsessive attacks on the police.  Mature adults holding police accountable for their actions isn't an attack...it's quite telling when a few claim it does.  I have seen no denial of "we can do better".  You've also haven't seen any support of the simple fact by the Police Apologists.

 

That is no excuse for this constant obsessive police hatred.  And yet, there is none.  Just the obsessive childish name-calling of a few. Yes, of a few obsessive police haters.  I have seen no posters claim they hate the police.  It's intellectually dishonest to suggest otherwise.  Just because a few narrow-minded ignorant people choose to twist the words of those who hold police accountable, doesn't change anything.  A lie; is a lie.  I would hardly call defending the brave men and women of the various police forces "childish".  Lying about others certainly doesn't honor the brave men and woman of law enforcement; a little integrity might though. I do not consider defending the police to be lying. And no one suggested it was. The lying, as you know, is your claims you know how others feel. The faux ignorance and straw argument is also intellectually dishonest. 

 

And the circle seems complete. It often is when your straw points and dishonesy are pointed out.


"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
183
Views