Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: War on Cops? Hardly!

Message 91 of 154

@Centristsin2010wrote:

I'm fascinated by the tendency of liberals to continually inserting Trump into every thread and topic. 

That's nice. Fact is, trump isn't inserted in the topic; his supporters are. Facts matter....

Of course Trump is in the topic by inserting his alleged supporters into every topic.  Your topics inferring that cops were killing unnecessarily goes back to pre-Trump days.  Plus playing partisanship against any topic that liberals doesn't agree with.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 154

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

I'm fascinated by the huge double standard illustrated by Trump Lovers. Since day one, Trump has been attacking law enforcement big time (FBI & Justice Department). Members of the Trump Cult actually defend that behavior but display animosity towards anyone discussing dishonest, corrupt police officers.

I'm fascinated by the tendency of liberals to continually inserting Trump into every thread and topic. 

That's nice. Fact is, trump isn't inserted in the topic; his supporters are. Facts matter....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 154

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

I'm fascinated by the huge double standard illustrated by Trump Lovers. Since day one, Trump has been attacking law enforcement big time (FBI & Justice Department). Members of the Trump Cult actually defend that behavior but display animosity towards anyone discussing dishonest, corrupt police officers.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

War on Cops? Hardly!

Message 94 of 154

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 154

@Centristsin2010wrote:

It's not an absolute.  There are many dead innocent people.  Sad that you prefer to discount that fact and are unable to admit, the police can do better.  There are no do-overs.

Are you basically saying that any of those killed by police wasn't engaging in some sort of suspicious activity that drew attention to themselves?  A pertinent question to your posts about police killings would be to ask if you just look at the numbers or bother to read about the circumstances?

Another question that would be interesting, and that you have evaded, is have you had some association, positive or negative, with either law enforcement or someone in the judcial system?

Of course that is personal, but could have a bearing on your crusade to paint law enforcement in a negative way.

Your comment that 'the police can do better' is also interesting.  You expect police to make accurate split-second decisions when it is doubtful you know what it's like to have to do so.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 154

@rk9152wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

@rk9152wrote:

@williamb39198wrote:

@rk9152

Okay rk. Please explain to us why there are more African Americans shot by police than white Caucasians?

a little truth here 

O.K. you'll have to look at crime stats. It is involvement in criminal actions that creates involvement with the police.  Really?  What crime did this victim of police murder commit?

Do you really think that your oft repeated instance of "swatting" gone bad negates the truth of, "It is involvement in criminal actions that creates involvement with the police".

It's not an absolute.  There are many dead innocent people.  Sad that you prefer to discount that fact and are unable to admit, the police can do better.  There are no do-overs.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

Centrist.....biased much?   I basically said exactly what rk9152 said but in reverse, and yet you are pointing me out on the topic and not him?  Hahahaha...... Typical Liberal tactic.  Your side is OK with this, while Repubs are not!   Is that what you call being "Liberal" now?  Maybe YOU are the one who should get "out" more often.   

Also......You want SPECIFIC examples of the Liberal SLANTED media??  I've got LOTS!

One, I have no idea what you're ranting about now....

Two, do you have any idea what the topic is about?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

Having spent time in the Service myself I can tell you from experience that an "assault" weapon is an AUTOMATIC weapon (machine gun), not a SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapon (unless it's been modified).  There is a HUGE difference between the two.  I have no problem with the feds banning MACHINE GUNS to the public....there is no good reason for such in a person's home.  Banning semi-automatic weapons would also include many hand guns, and that I DO have a problem with!!

Being on the AARP site would indicate you're not a recently retired vet, so you may be unaware the Army eliminated the "full auto" option as totally ineffective shortly after Vietnam. The ONLY "advantage" is it gives the GIs a real rush when they could "go Rambo" and hit the "giggle switch" for full-auto during training. Today in jrbush's Wars for Oil and Dope, GIs seldom if ever use the 3-round burst, finding the single shot per trigger pull more effective even in urban combat.

The ban on Semi-automatic weapons should apply to those that can fire more than 8 times before reloading, which is a simple change to the magazine for hand guns. Pistols with large magazines provide no additional "value" over those limited to 8 rounds as even novices can "hit the target" 6 out of 8 times in close quarters (less than 15 feet, about as far as you'd encounter inside a home). As for long guns, a simple mod to keep the gas from operating the re-load sequence would make all the existing guns "legal" with the smaller capacity magazines, and firing 10-15 times each minute like you can do with lever or pump actions is more than enough for any sporting or home defense function. NOBODY outside military combat needs to be able to fire 120 times in 1 minute for ANYTHING except killing the maximum number of PEOPLE in the shortest possible time.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

So you (a known criminal with a police record) is running from the police while breaking and entering cars (as you've been arrested for in the past) and seen running through people's back yards.  You are ordered to stop MULTIPLE times, by someone who never identified themselves as police officers.... but choose NOT to and keep running anyway. You have no idea who was chasing you.... You're now cornered and pull out something solid.  A cell phone.  What are the cops going to do.....call "time out" and ASK YOU WHAT IT IS???  THINK ABOUT IT....if it WAS a small hand gun, you now have the advantage on the cop as he ASKS YOU WHAT IT IS...IN THE DARK NO LESS!!!!  You don't have to do ANYTHING quickly.  If he was actually the one breaking into cars (it's not be made clear that he was), it's a petty crime and not worth killing anyone.  Ya.....that would NEVER get a cop killed now would it???  Waiting, calling for more help?  Nope....that doesn't get cops killed.  You liberals are more concerned about hurting someone's FEELINGS than keeping others SAFE!!  Keeping who safe?  A man is dead....doesn't need to have been shot and killed.  As I said before, Liberals "think" with their feelings while conservatives use facts, figures and COMMON SENSE!!!  I've yet to to see one posting here use, facts, figures and much Common Sense at all.  Seven shots in the back?  What does "Common Sense" tell you?  Ohhhh, it's another "I thought he had a gun" excuse.....  Bottom line?  When a cop orders you to "stop!"  And yet the body camera's indicate they never identify themselves a police officers.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 154

@curtb124223wrote:

So you (a known criminal with a police record) is running from the police while breaking and entering cars (as you've been arrested for in the past) and seen running through people's back yards.  You are ordered to stop MULTIPLE times, but choose NOT to and keep running anyway.  You're now cornered and pull out something solid.  What are the cops going to do.....call "time out" and ASK YOU WHAT IT IS???  THINK ABOUT IT....if it WAS a small hand gun, you now have the advantage on the cop as he ASKS YOU WHAT IT IS...IN THE DARK NO LESS!!!!   Ya.....that would NEVER get a cop killed now would it???    You liberals are more concerned about hurting someone's FEELINGS than keeping others SAFE!!  As I said before, Liberals "think" with their feelings while conservatives use facts, figures and COMMON SENSE!!!  Bottom line?  When a cop orders you to "stop!"  DO IT....... NOW!!!

*As seen on many signs and bumper stickers all over the US:  "Hillary for Prison"  LOCK HER UP!!

@curtb124223wrote:

So you (a known criminal with a police record) is running from the police while breaking and entering cars (as you've been arrested for in the past) and seen running through people's back yards.  You are ordered to stop MULTIPLE times, but choose NOT to and keep running anyway.  You're now cornered and pull out something solid.  What are the cops going to do.....call "time out" and ASK YOU WHAT IT IS???  THINK ABOUT IT....if it WAS a small hand gun, you now have the advantage on the cop as he ASKS YOU WHAT IT IS...IN THE DARK NO LESS!!!!   Ya.....that would NEVER get a cop killed now would it???    You liberals are more concerned about hurting someone's FEELINGS than keeping others SAFE!!  As I said before, Liberals "think" with their feelings while conservatives use facts, figures and COMMON SENSE!!!  Bottom line?  When a cop orders you to "stop!"  DO IT....... NOW!!!

Very well put. These are tragic situations for all sides but leave it to the cop-haters to assume that the officer went to work looking to kill someone (preferably a black).

Kudos
Views