War on Christmas..........more fake news

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: War on Christmas..........more fake news

Message 11 of 15

@phyllisc6781 wrote:

@alferdpacker—It is amazing that there are those who really think this is a real issue.

Hard to believe that anyone could get as old as most of us are and be so easily taken in. So incredibly sad.

I now understand how so many oldsters fall victim to totally unbelievable scams. trump’s followers sure did.

Gee , I miss having a real president!

Not only are they stupid enough to believe in a "war on Christmas" - they are deep-to-the-bone stupid enough to vote for trump and continue to believe his lies...

"Stupid is as stupid does."

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 15

@alferdpacker—It is amazing that there are those who really think this is a real issue.

Hard to believe that anyone could get as old as most of us are and be so easily taken in. So incredibly sad.

I now understand how so many oldsters fall victim to totally unbelievable scams. trump’s followers sure did.

Gee , I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 15

Only fundamentalists, conservatives, and dim-witted republicans could possibly be deep-to-the-bone stupid, obtuse, and credulous enough to believe that there was ever a "war on Christmas".

Businesses and merchants of all sizes and types? 

Nope - it's the biggest moneymaker of the year.

Some of it was started in the 1920s by anti-Semite Henry Ford - the guy who got an award personally presented to him by none other than Adolph Hitler - yep - 'ol Henry was a Nazi sympathizer and a right wing crackpot through and through...

Later on, when religious nutcases wanted public schools to - quite un-Constitutionally and wrongly - teach that religion was the major factor in the formation of the United States in public school history classes the Constitutionally valid pushback insisting that only the proved reality be taught resulted in numerous deranged crackpots claiming there was a "war on Christmas" - among them - the John Birch Society - and other idiots, liars, and mentally unstable political crackpots that were popular with the very same kind of dim-witted conspiracy-believing right wingers who were stupid enough to believe the alcoholic, morphine addict, and unregenerate fraud, liar, and charlatan Joe McCarthy - and lately - obvious known liars like Bill O'Reilly and trump...

Here's the reality of how it is from Snopes - the people who debunk the bunksters...

A History of the War on Christmas

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 15

@Richva—As those who are able to tell the difference between truth and fiction have been saying right along, this idiocy about not being able to say Merry Christmas is just more “trumped” up news.

I am surprised that no one has brought up the covert to some, overt to others, religious bigotry in this ridiculous fairy tale, or the fact that this is just another diversion from the investigation that gets ever closer to the idiot.

If trump told his base the sky was falling, they’d post that stupidity too.

So sad that this small segment of our population is so very easily taken in and will stick to the fairytale, even when shown the truth.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

War on Christmas..........more fake news

Message 15 of 15

No one has ever been told they cannot say "Merry Christmas".  The closest anyone came to this was in 1981 when Donald Trump ruled that there could be no Christmas decorations in one of his apartment houses. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors