Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: War on Christmas..........more fake news

Message 1 of 15

@umbarch64 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

Olderscout66: Republican insistance some evil dudes are trying to destroy Christmas, is what Richva is talking about. Yes, the JBS/Bagger/Faux/h8Radio/GOPer drivel about there being a "War On Christmas" because people say Happy Holidays is hard to comprehend as are the ones who make the claim.

Exactly. This issue has been going on for years. The right decided it would be a good way to further divide us by insinuating that anyone saying anything but Merry Christmas is somehow against religion. Absurd.

Perhaps so...but done with purpose nevertheless.  Done with purpose.

When one gets down to facts in the real world, aren't the beliefs and opinions of most of those on the right rather absurd and irrational?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@Panjandrum wrote:

Olderscout66: Republican insistance some evil dudes are trying to destroy Christmas, is what Richva is talking about. Yes, the JBS/Bagger/Faux/h8Radio/GOPer drivel about there being a "War On Christmas" because people say Happy Holidays is hard to comprehend as are the ones who make the claim.

Exactly. This issue has been going on for years. The right decided it would be a good way to further divide us by insinuating that anyone saying anything but Merry Christmas is somehow against religion. Absurd.

Perhaps so...but done with purpose nevertheless.  Done with purpose.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Panjandrum posted..

I just don't get the objection to wishing some Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

-----------------------------------------

Neither do I but it was a issue and Richva made this thread about it.

Did you read - and comprehend the fact-based Snopes link on "the history of the war on Christmas"?

What about all those facts?

What about the fact that early Puritan Christians are the only people in the history of the nation who banned Christmas from 1659 to 1681?

Personally, I've been using "Happy Holidays" - because I have no idea what kind of religious beliefs another random person may hold, and I prefer to avoid saying something that may be construed as an insult to their belief. 

If an extremely radical fundamentlaist Christian is offended by my not saying "Merry Christmas" - that's a personal problem I hope their mental health professional can help them deal with successfully - something I've never been reluctant to state in response to verbalized outrage...

As a Unitarian Universalist, I'm fully aware that all celebrations of all religious beliefs are equally valued by the deity...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@Panjandrum— The only real issue is that trump must have felt he needed more demonstrations of idolatry from his base and therefore came up with just another ridiculous  and stupid non issue, which in their stupidity caused his base to fawn  and salivate over nothing. MERE DIVERSION—NOTHING MORE.

RE: trump as savior of Christmas—What a joke! Trump has been savior to white nationalists,  the KKK, conspiracy theories, and more propagandist pseudo-news outlets than I have seen in my entire life in the United States. He is also savior to anti-Semitism, racism, and stupidity.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@KidBoy2 wrote:
Panjandrum posted..

I just don't get the objection to wishing some Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas.

Perhaps you missed Der Trumper declairing himself the Savior of Christmas in his holiday tweets. That, and the ongoing John Birch Society - Teabagger - Fox - HateRadio - Republican insistance some evil dudes are trying to destroy Christmas, is what Richva is talking about. Yes, the JBS/Bagger/Faux/h8Radio/GOPer drivel about there being a "War On Christmas" because people say Happy Holidays is hard to comprehend as are the ones who make the claim.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15
Panjandrum posted..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

KidBoy2:
Yes, there was a lot of debate about saying Merry Christmas not only by people but by retailers before Trump was in office.

Holiday. 1500s, earlier haliday (c.1200), from Old English haligdæg "holy day; Sabbath," from halig "holy" (see holy) + dæg "day" (see day); in 14c. meaning both "religious festival" and "day of recreation," but pronunciation and sense diverged 16c.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15
Retailers wishing “Happy Holidays” Instead of “Merry Christmas?”-Truth! & Fiction!

https://www.truthorfiction.com/merrychristmas/

Yes, there was a lot of debate about saying Merry Christmas not only by people but by retailers before Trump was in office.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

Richva:  No one has ever been told they cannot say "Merry Christmas".  

That is the truth. But if your version of reality consists of what you are told on Fox News, then there has been an attack on saying Merry Christmas. I have no idea how anyone could believe that garbage, but apparently they do.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors