Medicare open enrollment ends Dec. 7! Get the information you need from AARP’s Medicare resource center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Walmart stops selling ammo,etc.

Message 11 of 33

The NRA tweets to try to shame walmart.....

Walmart CEO says the gun laws aren't working and corporations need to step up to do their part.

Corporate responsibility from Walmart.....FINALLY!!!!

Walmart hits a record high after announcing major overhauls to its gun policies (WMT)

NRA slams Walmart for caving to ‘anti-gun elites’ after retailer ends handgun ammo sales

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 33

This means Walmart has done more for gun safety than the GOP. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 33

People thinking that more guns are the answer shows how ignorance has grown in America. Global statistics support this.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 33

Three cheers for WallMart! It is highly significant that they are refusing to sell ammunition for the vast majority of semi-automatic weapons on our streets. I find this very encouraging that people are beginning to recognize it is NOT about "gun control", it's about a very specific TYPE of gun - the ones designed to kill the maximum number of human beings in the minimum amount of time, to wit:

SEMI-AUTO w/large capacity magazines.

They are what make mass murder possible and gangbanger shootouts inevitable.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 33

I was reading how some customers who open-carry were threatening to boycott Walmart.  Hahahaha.  For how long, I wonder.  I really doubt Walmart will go under by a few who feel the need  to display their big guns for everyone to see.  Is that like a tough guy/gal thing?  John Wayne?  Annie Oakley?  Also read about those who carry guns, but prefer to keep them under wraps rather than advertise they're packing heat.  Sometimes, it's just safer that way because you're less likelier to be a target under certain conditions.  Think about it, someone wanted to go on a shooting rampage, wouldn't they want to take out the guy with a gun on his hip first? 

Don't understand why some think it's easier to protect oneself if they open-carry in plain sight, as opposed to keeping it under their coat.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 33

@ChasKy53 wrote:

I had a right winger tell me today that Walmart was going against the second amendment. Seems some are simply intellectually challenged (being nice).

Another Fox viewer for sure.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 33

I had a right winger tell me today that Walmart was going against the second amendment. Seems some are simply intellectually challenged (being nice).

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 33

I just want to know if I as a legal carrier of a firearm can shoot anyone I see carrying a weapon in a store under the “stand-your-ground” laws since they are giving me an obvious reason to fear for my safety? Shouldn’t that be what all ‘good guys with a gun’ should do?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 33

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Good for them. And I never say that for Walmart.

I agree on both counts!  Good for Walmart.......at least they took a stand.  Corporate responsibility is relevant!!!  Would prefer they take a stand ;ile Dick's sporting good, but it's still a start!!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 33

When our nation's children are adding bullet proof backpacks to the list of school supplies so don't you think the NRA and some of those stubborn gun owners would feel some shame or remorse  for what this has come to.    

The AR-15 keeps appearing at America's deadliest mass shootings.    There are some weapons that are only good for killing humans and I question why they were allowed to be owned  outside of the military.   .    

If the NRA really had "responsible" gun owners, they would try to stop the manufacture, sales and ownership of these WMD's.   

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22