Esteemed Social Butterfly

Wallace Faces Intense Backlash Over Bias During Debate

"Fox News host Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat, faced intense backlash on Tuesday night for what was widely deemed as bias in the debate in the favor of Democrat Joe Biden and against Republican President Donald Trump.

One of the issues that Wallace was called out for the most was how he appeared to let Biden interrupt Trump but would jump in to interrupt Trump when Trump would talk over Biden.

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade even noted the discrepancy and called it out on social media, writing: “Why is @joebiden allowed to interrupt? @realDonaldTrump is not.”

Fox News host Laura Ingraham made a similar point, writing: “Biden seems to interrupt with impunity.”

Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy wrote: “I love Chris Wallace, but he should get out of the way.”

McCarthy added: “Biden doesn’t support the Green New Deal. Oh, Wallace got that out of him? No, Trump did. Oh, well, did Wallace clarify what’s parts of Green New Deal Biden is against? No, needed to move on …”

McCarthy added: “Chris Wallace jumps in a second time when Biden having trouble with Trump’s questioning.”

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld said that it was “not good” when Wallace reportedly laughed with Biden.

Bill O’Reilly, who used to be a colleague of Wallace’s, wrote on Twitter: “Good line from Trump—he tells Chris Wallace he’s debating him, not Joe.”

O’Reilly added: “Chris Wallace doesn’t have the facts at his command about the Ukraine payments made to Biden’s son that Trump brought up. Big mistake by Mr. Wallace.”

Attorney Harmeet Dhillon wrote on Twitter: “Chris Wallace is a disgrace. Republicans need to stop allowing the slanted media to have any role in debates in future years.”

Actor James Woods wrote on Twitter: “Chris Wallace is shamelessly biased. It’s a beautiful demonstration of fake news in action. I’m actually glad it’s happening, because you can see it for yourself.”

Journalist Yashar Ali, who was Hillary Clinton’s co-chair on her 2008 presidential campaign, wrote on Twitter that there was “no doubt” that “Wallace is not doing a good job  as a debate moderator.”

Newsweek editor Josh Hammer wrote on Twitter: “Just an inexcusable effort tonight from Chris Wallace. And I say that as someone who is generally a fan of his.”

Federal co-founder Sean Davis wrote on Twitter: “Chris Wallace is now reading Biden’s energy plan back to him to remind Biden what’s in his plan. I have never, never seen anything like this from a moderator.”

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/chris-wallace-faces-intense-backlash-including-from-colleagu...

But hey, he was just backing his man.

Honored Social Butterfly

Centrist made some excellent comments which illustrate, yet again, that Trump Cult members have no respect for the truth.

Centrist said, "Right demonstrate they have no clue what Biden supports; they've only listened to trump and the far-right extremist media falsely state and proclaim they know what Biden's positions are.  They are shocked to learn that Biden doesn't support Medicare for all; the Green New Deal; Antifa, etc.

Many adults can think independently; Biden is one of them.  The Right?  Not so much!"

Honored Social Butterfly

This is the equivalent of calling someone an aggressive punk when they block you from punching them for the third time. 

Honored Social Butterfly

The purpose of this thread is to serve the Supreme Leader of the Cult. What do cult members always do when there's negative news about Trump? That's right, they find a scapegoat and blame someone else. Remember, their job is to always defend and protect Trump.

Honored Social Butterfly

The real hoot is that in several topics here, including this one, the so-called Right demonstrate they have no clue what Biden supports; they've only listened to trump and the far-right extremist media falsely state and proclaim they know what Biden's positions are.  They are shocked to learn that Biden doesn't support Medicare for all; the Green New Deal; Antifa, etc.

Many adults can think independently; Biden is one of them.  The Right?  Not so much!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

@jfpinlvn wrote:

"Fox News host Chris Wallace, a registered Democrat, Oh my, a sin!  How did Fox let THAT happen?  faced intense backlash on Tuesday night for what was widely deemed as bias in the debate in the favor of Democrat Joe Biden and against Republican President Donald Trump. Of course!  By those who wanted to watch trump steam-roll over the moderator, completely ignoring the rules HE AGREED TO! and Biden.  What whiners.  If trump one all 6 of the debate polls he looked at, what's the complaint.  Fox is upset?

One of the issues that Wallace was called out for the most was how he appeared to let Biden interrupt Trump but would jump in to interrupt Trump when Trump would talk over Biden.  Because rarely did Biden talk over trump when he interrupted the few times he did.  Biden saw trump wasn't going to play by the rules, so he pushed it.

Fox News host Brian Kilmeade even noted the discrepancy and called it out on social media, writing: “Why is @joebiden allowed to interrupt? @realDonaldTrump is not.”  Because he didn't talk loudly over trump, like trump did.

Fox News host Laura Ingraham made a similar point, writing: whinning...“Biden seems to interrupt with impunity.”  "Seemedd to...."  LOL!

Fox News contributor Andy McCarthy wrote: “I love Chris Wallace, but he should get out of the way.”  And let trump be the boorish pig that he CLEARLY is....

McCarthy added: “Biden doesn’t support the Green New Deal. No kidding.  He's said that dozens of times!  Oh, Wallace got that out of him? No, Trump did. No, Biden has said it plenty of times.  But trump followers need to be told what to think instead of listen to the candidates themselves.  Oh, well, did Wallace clarify what’s parts of Green New Deal Biden is against? No, needed to move on …”  NOT necessary.  Adults can research it for themselves.  Trump already caused the debate to run over time because of his boorish behavior. 

McCarthy added: “Chris Wallace jumps in a second time when Biden having trouble with Trump’s questioning.”

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld said that it was “not good” when Wallace reportedly laughed with Biden.  trump's behavior was a joke!

Bill O’Reilly, who used to be a colleague of Wallace’s, wrote on Twitter: “Good line from Trump—he tells Chris Wallace he’s debating him, not Joe.”  It must have felt that way when one doesn't adhere to the agreed upon rules, interrupts continuously and shouts over the other candidate.

O’Reilly added: “Chris Wallace doesn’t have the facts at his command about the Ukraine payments made to Biden’s son that Trump brought up. So?  It wasn't a topic of the debate.  And O'Reilly knows Hunter Biden isn't running for the White House.   Big mistake by Mr. Wallace.”  No, it wasn't!

Attorney Harmeet Dhillon wrote on Twitter: “Chris Wallace is a disgrace. Republicans need to stop allowing the slanted media to have any role in debates in future years.”And trump supporters were all giddy that Fox's Chris Wallace was moderating....

Actor James Woods wrote on Twitter: “Chris Wallace is shamelessly biased. It’s a beautiful demonstration of fake news in action. LMAO!  I’m actually glad it’s happening, because you can see it for yourself.”  Too funny....

Journalist Yashar Ali, who was Hillary Clinton’s co-chair on her 2008 presidential campaign, wrote on Twitter that there was “no doubt” that “Wallace is not doing a good job  as a debate moderator.”  There was "no doubt" that trump was going to prevent an actually fair debate from occurring last night.

Newsweek editor Josh Hammer wrote on Twitter: “Just an inexcusable effort tonight from Chris Wallace. And I say that as someone who is generally a fan of his.”  As well as an inexcusable performance by the President of the United States.

Federal co-founder Sean Davis wrote on Twitter: “Chris Wallace is now reading Biden’s energy plan back to him to remind Biden what’s in his plan. I have never, never seen anything like this from a moderator.”

As is usually the case and is clearly evidenced by this topic, the president is NEVER accountable for his actions and it is always someone else's fault.  At what age does the trump sycophants make trump r4esponsible?  10?  14? 18?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

Well it looks like the best the far right can do is go after Chris Wallace who was one of their own till last night when he did his job.

For the past month the far right has been calling Biden sleepy Joe and a lot of other names. Well sleepy Joe has put them all to sleep today. 

The real problem for the far right is they support a Mob Boss Dictator who has mental problems and it showed last evening. To me the great line was when Biden told Trump to shut up.

Did anyone else notice what looked like a band aid on Trumps head? Could it have been a receiver for the handlers or Putin to get information to Trump? There was a close up photo on the internet today.

Regular Social Butterfly

john258 wrote:

Well it looks like the best the far right can do is go after Chris Wallace who was one of their own till last night when he did his job. 

sunluvngal:

FYI:  Despite what many seem to think, not everybody on Fox is pro Trump.  And i watch Wallaces show (Fox News Sunday) on another channel earlier on a Sunday, not FNC which is on later. 🤔

I've always considered Wallace to be fair, well as fair as a democrat can be when it comes to a Republican. 😁  But, as far as i know, he still votes  democrat.  He had his hands full last night for sure.  lol

TRUMP-PENCE 2020!!! To Save This Country From The Insanity of The Dems!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

john258 wrote:

sunluvngal:

FYI:  Despite what many seem to think, not everybody on Fox is pro Trump.  And i watch Wallaces show (Fox News Sunday) on another channel earlier on a Sunday, not FNC which is on later. 🤔

I've always considered Wallace to be fair, well as fair as a democrat can be when it comes to a Republican. 😁  But, as far as i know, he still votes  democrat.  He had his hands full last night for sure.  lol

Just because you watch a FOX program on another channel does not make it non FOX. It is a FOX Program and Chris is a FOX employee.

Now how do you know Chris is a Democrat? You do not know how he votes and thanks for proving my point on far right voters.

He had his hands full due to Trump who is a NY Mob Boss Dictator with a mental problem. What we saw last night was the real Trump in action. He knows nothing, and his only goal is to increase his wealth and he lies, steals, cheats to do that. Over 200,000 have died in the USA this year due to Trump and his failure. Trump has failed at everything he has tried. Trump has destroyed everything, and everyone who gets close to him.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@sunluvngal wrote:

Yes, the adjective the GOP focus groups of uncommitted voters selected most to describe Trump's performance was "unhinged".  Personally, I thought Trump was great last night. 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png