From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wall Street Journal Killed Editorial

Message 1 of 14

@BigLib wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

What's happened to the WSJ is exactly why I refuse to renew my subscription to Time magazine, which the Koch brothers just bought. Let the right wingers pay for their own propaganda.

Another trait of fascism is to control the media......

Another indication of the thinking of the left, "You don't agree with me, you are a fascist".

Remember, the Koch brothers are of a differing ideology, not part of the government. On the other hand, Jeff Bezos is a lefty and he owns the Washington Post - so is that fascism?

What "differing ideology" do the Koch brothers embrace?? They've been dubbed the bankrollers of the Tea Party for crying out loud! Unless, of course, you're attempting to convince us that the Koch brothers have no interest in government affairs.

If that's what you're doing, please don't reply until ample time has passed for me to run to the store to pick up some Poise pads. Otherwise, I might laugh until tears roll down my leg.

The Koch brothers were raised by an irrational extreme right fringe racist crackpot - he was a founding member of the JBS - he was a man who did not disagree with Robert W. Welch when Welch said that he believed that Franklin D Roosevelt, Harry S Truman and Dwight Eisenhower were all members of a communist conspiracy.

The question is - how much did their whackadoodle father warp their minds when they were too young to know better?

B-E1A1XCUAAf384.jpg

What of the credibility of people who believed and advocated for the JBS and Barry Goldwater - both unregenerate crackpots?

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

@rk9152 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

What's happened to the WSJ is exactly why I refuse to renew my subscription to Time magazine, which the Koch brothers just bought. Let the right wingers pay for their own propaganda.

Another indication of the thinking of the left, "You don't agree with me, you are a fascist".

Remember, the Koch brothers are of a differing ideology, not part of the government. On the other hand, Jeff Bezos is a lefty and he owns the Washington Post - so is that fascism?

What "differing ideology" do the Koch brothers embrace?? They've been dubbed the bankrollers of the Tea Party for crying out loud! Unless, of course, you're attempting to convince us that the Koch brothers have no interest in government affairs.

If that's what you're doing, please don't reply until ample time has passed for me to run to the store to pick up some Poise pads. Otherwise, I might laugh until tears roll down my leg.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@BigLib wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@BigLib wrote:

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

Employees of the WSJ are now bowing to the RW ideology that borders on alt-right ideology, because they have a choice, ignore the admin ( Murdoch) and be fired or bow and scrape (to heck with integrity).    

I do have to agree with one blogger:   I received a notice about how cheap it was to get a subscription to Time.   Fortunately, I had read elsewhere that it was up for sale.    Thankfully I saved my money.    Historically Time was always right-leaning, but the shift to Far Right will speed a demise, because now there will be no reason to read it.    

Sadly, that is the Oligarch game:  destroy or purchase competition and then destroy it.    It is the buying of America by the uber wealthy.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

fangoh45:

Really? Says who-one biased person!

Still very respected by business savvy individuals.

Just going by what I've been seeing in the news. They've been bleeding talent over the past year or so, and that will catch up with them.

The Wall Street Journal's Trump problem

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/sep/10/the-wall-street-journals-trump-problem

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

Imagine whining about who owns the WSJ and using an article from the New York magazine whose editor made the following political contrigution in 2016:

Hillary for America (3)

ACTBLUE (2)

Terri Bonoff (d)

Josh Gottheimer (d)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@BigLib wrote:

Once respected and worthy publications that are slowly but surely becoming vehicles for oligarchic fascism and right wing crackpottery...

If one reads it there, one must now consider the fact that the ownership is forcing their employees to tell lies in favor of the political right - or be terminated...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

@fangoh45 wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

gruffstuff: 

In a short period of time, five staffers have departed The Wall Street Journal editorial page. The general cause of their departures, willing and otherwise, is known: the Journal editorial line has increasingly conformed with the pro-Trump dictates of the rest of the Murdoch media empire.

The WSJ isn't nearly as respected now as it used to be. A shame.

Tell me a company who does not experience departures of employees "willing and OTHERWISE"?

Not convinced by your post the departures are responsible for Trump. If true, that's good news.

I have no idea as to why those people left. but I do acknowledge that the respect for the Wall Street Journal has diminish  enormously .

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors