Regular Contributor

Wake up America

I am appalled and astounded at the ignorance and dangerous lies coming from our government (Trump, Pence and Mulvaney).  We have a serious health threat with the Coronavirus that is being played as an attempt to discredit the president.   Wake up America,  this is a global health problem.  Not a political ruse.

Honored Social Butterfly

T  RUMP  said his speech was "very good".      Isn't that a great comfort......We can relax and pay attention to the stock market....T RUMP's bragging about how great he is .

..Trump said Thursday U.S. officials have the coronavirus outbreak "all under control,"  adding that it's a "very small problem in this country."    

“I said, actually, I asked the various doctors, ‘Is this just like flu?’ Because people die from the flu and this is very unusual.    It is a little bit different but in some ways it’s easier and in some ways it’s a little bit tougher   

.He said   ”WE  have it totally under control.    Maybe it'll get worse !  "  .    
Trump may be right about it getting worse...with Pence handling it over-riding the medical profession....although the vice president was widely criticized for his handling of Indiana's HIV outbreak in 2016.

Then he rattled off some numbers of people infected,   bounciing numbers around and who the heck could figure out what he was saying.    

.Trump said   "it could go away by April. "        

I guess Coronavirus doesn't like summer ?   

Honored Social Butterfly

What's even worse than having a pathological liar as a president, who surrounds himself with convicted FELONS, is the sad fact that millions of Americans idolize and worship the ground he walks on. I have no idea what kind of values they have in their personal lives. How could any normal person worship a low life piece of trash like Donald Trump?

Honored Social Butterfly

Every normal American knows Trump is a pathological liar who insults people every day of the week. We no longer have a president who can be a role model for our children and grandchildren like President Obama. We instead have a mob boss who has no respect for anyone and no respect for the "Rule of Law".

Honored Social Butterfly

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Every normal American knows Trump is a pathological liar who insults people every day of the week. We no longer have a president who can be a role model for our children and grandchildren like President Obama. We instead have a mob boss who has no respect for anyone and no respect for the "Rule of Law".

Don't abnormal Americans  insult President Trump at every opportunity?

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Don't abnormal Americans  insult President Trump at every opportunity?

I haven't noticed any of them on here insulting Trump. They are generally too busy lying for him.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@janicel633 wrote:

I am appalled and astounded at the ignorance and dangerous lies coming from our government (Trump, Pence and Mulvaney).  We have a serious health threat with the Coronavirus that is being played as an attempt to discredit the president.   Wake up America,  this is a global health problem.  Not a political ruse.

Are you a medical professional?

Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@janicel633 wrote:

No and  because you don't believe also in climate change, simply disregard any of the preparations and good luck.
haha.jpg

no name
Honored Social Butterfly

Great point Rox. But they will probably be first in line for any treatment available. How far will trust go if their life is in danger? Or is this a reoccurrence of the jim jones Guyana kool aid fest!

Trust me...Says donnie...captain of the SS Titanic! No icebergs here, no ice fields deteriorating, no global warming!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

Great point Rox. But they will probably be first in line for any treatment available. How far will trust go if their life is in danger? Or is this a reoccurrence of the jim jones Guyana kool aid fest!

Trust me...Says donnie...captain of the SS Titanic! No icebergs here, no ice fields deteriorating, no global warming!

Tell you what, we need to encourage them to continue with that behaviour, so when the time comes you and I and any other intelligent human will be in line before him. 
haha1.jpg

no name
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@janicel633 wrote:

No, and neither is anyone in the tRump administration - all the medical professionals have been replaced with anti-vaxers and faith healers, consistent with ToadPOTUS managerial style that caused every business he started to fail.

Good to see his GOPerBase is running true to form by regurgitating FOX while denying reality.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@janicel633 wrote:

No, and neither is anyone in the tRump administration - all the medical professionals have been replaced with anti-vaxers and faith healers, consistent with ToadPOTUS managerial style that caused every business he started to fail.

Good to see his GOPerBase is running true to form by regurgitating FOX while denying reality.

Ben Carson is. In case you need to brush up on who works for the administration, I gracefully supplied some links for your reading pleasure. You know the capt'n of a ship and the officers rarely have the capacity to work on the vessel, but they lead and make desisions. No different here. President has a good team in place that represents all phases of government.

https://www.cdc.gov/

https://www.hhs.gov/about/index.html

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Fishslayer:   You know the capt'n of a ship and the officers rarely have the capacity to work on the vessel, but they lead and make desisions.

Unfortunately, we have Captain Queeg running our ship of state.

Regular Contributor

Seriously?  You really believe that the president has a good team in place?  What makes you think so?  Where are you getting your facts from?  When you’re smelling smoke, and feeling the heat and someone yells “FIRE” …do you think it’s a plot to disrupt the stock Market and stay put? 

And to answer your original question, Am I a medical professional, no I’m not.  However I do still have some working brain cells.

Honored Social Butterfly

@janicel633 wrote:

Seriously?  You really believe that the president has a good team in place?  What makes you think so?  Where are you getting your facts from?  When you’re smelling smoke, and feeling the heat and someone yells “FIRE” …do you think it’s a plot to disrupt the stock Market and stay put? 

And to answer your original question, Am I a medical professional, no I’m not.  However I do still have some working brain cells.

Deborah Birx to coordinate the response, she's an asset with experince in such matters. 

I have no idea what smelling smoke and the stock market is, explain in plain English.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

I’ll be happy to spell it out for you since you don’t get the analogy I was striving for.

“When you’re smelling smoke, and feeling the heat

Meaning:  people getting sick and dying

“ someone yells “FIRE” “

Meaning:  medical professionals warning (Yelling) the people of the U.S. that this virus is coming and it is deadly.

“do you think it’s a plot to disrupt the stock Market and stay put?”

Meaning:  Mick Mulvaney made it clear in his announcement yesterday that he feels the outcry over Coronavirus is a plot aimed at Trump by fueling the huge drop in the stock market.

As far as Deborah Brix (who by the way was only named yesterday as the Whitehouse Coronavirus Response Coordinator) Let’s hope she remains a doctor first and that her loyalty is to the oath she swore when she became one.

Hope this is plain enough English for you.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@janicel633 wrote:

I’ll be happy to spell it out for you since you don’t get the analogy I was striving for.

“ someone yells “FIRE” “

Meaning:  medical professionals warning (Yelling) the people of the U.S. that this virus is coming and it is deadly.

Meaning:  Mick Mulvaney made it clear in his announcement yesterday that he feels the outcry over Coronavirus is a plot aimed at Trump by fueling the huge drop in the stock market.

As far as Deborah Brix (who by the way was only named yesterday as the Whitehouse Coronavirus Response Coordinator) Let’s hope she remains a doctor first and that her loyalty is to the oath she swore when she became one.

Your explinations are chaotic. Americans are NOT dying. Medical professionals are saying be prepared in much the same way for a storm. The sky is not falling. 

Who doesn't know CNN is complicit in stoking fear?.... and  some dems crying wolf, for political points! Shame... this is olitical bottom dwellers in acton and those who support the low lives,  are equally complict. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@janicel633 wrote:

“ someone yells “FIRE” “

Your explinations are chaotic. Americans are NOT dying. Medical professionals are saying be prepared in much the same way for a storm. The sky is not falling. 

Who doesn't know CNN is complicit in stoking fear?.... and  some dems crying wolf, for political points! Shame... this is olitical bottom dwellers in acton and those who support the low lives,  are equally complict. 

Tonight Trump said the virus is a hoax, and there were 23 cases in the US where there are 64. Trump said the virus will go away with warm weather. Well where we have the spread the temp has been in the 70 so it is in warm weather. We see business reducing employee travel, and business meetings, and conventions being cancelled . Even the Fed. govt. cancelled one in Las Vegas next month. There are supply chain shortages in mfg. now which they say will get worse by April. Drug production is being slowed down by supply shortages. The 2nd busiest port in the US on the west coast is just about empty of ships as they are not arriving. All of this effects the economy in a bad way. The facts all point to a contracting economy due to the virus. Trump lack of leadership and his lies are now a big part of this.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@janicel633 wrote:

Deborah Birx to coordinate the response, she's an asset with experince in such matters. 

I have no idea what smelling smoke and the stock market is, explain in plain English.

well, Trump has told us several times that he has things well in hand. I mean, how can we go wrong with THIS man in charge?

On Feb. 10, Trump said “a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April.” Four days later, he again said: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus.”

Multiple public health officials from the administration have contradicted that prediction, which appears rooted in the idea that U.S. flu season generally ends in the spring. The virus is spreading in Singapore, where temperatures are akin to summer in the United States. The virus is new, so there is no widespread immunity, which is why so many people are vulnerable to being infected by it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png