Become a safer, more confident driver with the AARP Smart Driver course! Use the promo code VET and save 25% during November.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Wait, now Trump is a currency manipulator?

Message 1 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Not to mention that this is the classic definition of currency manipulation which Trump has condemned.  It will also work in tandem with the tariffs to raise costs for every American.  Yes sir!  That Trump is a heck of an economist.  (Note to the Regressives here, I am being sarcastic. Trump is actually a moron)

Trump presses Fed to weaken dollar

President Donald Trump on Thursday called on the Federal Reserve to take steps to weaken the U.S. dollar — a move that would make American exports more competitive in world markets while increasing prices on imported goods.

Trump's comment break with a long tradition of presidents expressing public support for a strong dollar, which helps keep inflation low and has other advantages, even though it hurts exports.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/08/trump-federal-reserve-weaken-dollar-1453125

@Richva wrote:

Not to mention that this is the classic definition of currency manipulation which Trump has condemned.  It will also work in tandem with the tariffs to raise costs for every American.  Yes sir!  That Trump is a heck of an economist.  (Note to the Regressives here, I am being sarcastic. Trump is actually a moron)

President Donald Trump on Thursday called on the Federal Reserve to take steps to weaken the U.S. dollar — a move that would make American exports more competitive in world markets while increasing prices on imported goods.

Trump's comment break with a long tradition of presidents expressing public support for a strong dollar, which helps keep inflation low and has other advantages, even though it hurts exports.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/08/trump-federal-reserve-weaken-dollar-1453125

Trump is doing this in response to China devaluing their money.  I suppose this means Trump is racist to the left?

Lets get to the facts. The market devalued their money, and the Govt. stepped in to stop it from falling lower. You will find most govt. do this so the world economy can function well. What Trump wants the Fed. todo is classic definition of  Currency Manipulation. It is nice to see the far right give us some truth on Trump.

The left have to get their facts straight.  China devalued their money as a ploy to get back at the U.S. for the tariffs.

"Getting facts straight" entails China getting back at Trump for HIS asinine tariffs ..... while "U.S. citizens" pay for the tariffs Trump imposed on imported goods!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump is doing this in response to China devaluing their money. 

...... Which China did "in response" to Trump's asinine tariffs.  You omitted that key piece of information NOTHAPPENING.

I suppose this means Trump is racist to the left?

I know, as opposed to your unfounded "supposition", that your accusatory question has nothing to do with the topic and only serves as another disingenuous straw man argument.

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

Trump is doing eveything he can to prop up the stock market.  What he does not realize is that the votes come from the middle class he keeps screwing.  Not the 1% he thinks are the only ones who have any value. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump is doing this in response to China devaluing their money.  I suppose this means Trump is racist to the left?

Lets get to the facts. The market devalued their money, and the Govt. stepped in to stop it from falling lower. You will find most govt. do this so the world economy can function well. What Trump wants the Fed. todo is classic definition of  Currency Manipulation. It is nice to see the far right give us some truth on Trump.

The left have to get their facts straight.  China devalued their money as a ploy to get back at the U.S. for the tariffs.

I gave you facts and neither you nor I can change them. Bloomberg will explain it to you if you want. China stopped the drop in its currency, snd said it was going to keep it at that level.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Or maybe Trump's tariffs are working and their currency should be devalued? Either way, America has no business getting into that game. No other president did but then, no other president painted themselves into as many corners as Trump has. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

@Richva wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Wait, now Trump is a currency manipulator?

Message 9 of 9

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors