Honored Social Butterfly

WYOMING halts Coal Mine....WYOMING!

Amazing.   Wyoming is pretty well know as loving their coal mines.   But a new mining permit is running into some problems.    

Council members echoed worries of many local residents, including that they could be left without well water after the mine lowered the water table. Council members also said Ramaco Resources Inc. of Kentucky hadn’t done enough to allay concerns the partially underground mine could cause the ground above to subside, or slump down several feet as underground cavities collapse.

“I am concerned about the traffic generated by the mine,” council member David Bagley said. “I cannot be convinced there will not be a public nuisance or a risk to public safety from the operation of this mine.”

Of special concern to all five council members was Ramaco hasn’t held public meetings on the project. State law and regulations don’t require public meetings, but Ramaco should have done so anyway, council member Nick Agopian.    http://www.bhpioneer.com/news/national_world_news/st-new-wyoming-coal-mine-in-decades-faces-strong-o...

Apparently, citizens have found their voices and are demanding that their concerns be heard and answered before community gives its stamp of approval.     Thanks Indivisble!   🙂

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

WYOMING halts Coal Mine

Coal mining doesn't really employ large numbers of people anymore, the impact outweighs the benefit.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Great news! Coal kills 13,000 people every year from the pollution it causes and the occasional mine disaster. Deaths from Nuclear energy in the US are still ZERO. Perhaps if a few more citizens realize what they're chosing, they'll begin making better choices and so will America.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

With Trump at the Helm of the USA - it should remind everyone about the Quote we've all heard.............

Stepping Over Dollars to pick up Pennies or some versions say Dimes 

However, the fact of the matter was most years I knew it was highly unlikely, improbable, and even impossible to reach that year-end bonus money. But even if that was the case, we should do everything within our power to squeeze every dime we can out of the year. Right?  Wrong!!

Your Focus

You see while we continue to push and push for every dime this year, we are stepping over next year’s dollar to pick up that dime. Intellectually everyone agrees that you reap the fruits of your labor 60 to 90 days later.  Unfortunately when we try to get every possible dime out of the year, we are in fact impacting our level of success for the first quarter of the next year. And everyone can agree that if you start the year behind, it makes it doubly tough to catch up. 

China is Schooling the USA in replacing COAL with Wind Solar & Nuclear and has had the plan in place for 30 years...........................

30 years ago - China's Scientists Convinced Their Government that the Future is in Wind & Solar 

While Trump is concentrating on 30,000 Coal Mining Jobs - China is creating Good Paying - Stable Futures for it 30 Million of it's Citizens in Wind & Solar and taking over the worlds production of Solar & Wind Technology 

Trump is not the Worlds Greatest Businessman & Trump is the USA's Worst President and this is just more proof 

Sources

https://cleantechnica.com/2017/04/13/chinas-wind-solar-industry-replace-300-million-tonnes-coal-per-...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/cheap-solar-allows-developing-areas-to-electrify-and-skip-c...

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/china-leaving-us-behind-to-lead-on-green-energy-jobs-ambiti...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

afisher:  Council members echoed worries of many local residents, including that they could be left without well water after the mine lowered the water table. Council members also said Ramaco Resources Inc. of Kentucky hadn’t done enough to allay concerns the partially underground mine could cause the ground above to subside, or slump down several feet as underground cavities collapse.

These are very legitimate concerns and citizens should have a say. After all, the mine will come and it will eventually go, and it's the local people who will be left with the problems that may occur.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png