Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WILL RACIST WHITE SUPREMACIST TRUMP PARDON THEM?

Message 1 of 15

@rker321 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Alferd!!! you must have been quite handsome. LOL 

Nope not handsome.  Didn't scare dogs or children.   Just average.

Have to say - IMHO - that response seems to me to express rather vacuous emphasis upon outward appearance rather than dwelling upon inner values...

It reminds me of the factual observation that even  though beauty is only skin deep, and deteriorates with age, the kind of ugly and stupid that tRump and Melanoma regularly and habitually display goes clear to the bone and is is a life long affliction...

It's my belief and opinion that if considerable  time is spent looking at and  carefully observing Auguste Rodin's sculpture titled "she who used to be the helmet-maker's once beautiful wife" - the beautiful young girl still living inside isn't clearly seen - that's as shallow and stupid as tRump and Melanoma quite obviously have always been...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 15

@alferdpacker wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Does  that answer your questions rker321?

Yep,  you have. YOu see I was in college during those years also here in the US and I remember that us girls used to sit down with the guys and teach and helped them with the courses so they would pass the courses and not be drafted. I remember how much we all hated Viet Nam. I wans't a hippie LOL
But the point is that at that time the society was not ready to accept what you were saying and therefore they saw those things as "hippie" talk or communists etc.  
The point is that Trump like it was at that time in that era is trying to confuse patriotism with racism. and there are lots of people that may be confused by his rhetoric.
That is why I really  would like to see the Democrats make the issues that we are ll interested more than a lot of the things that some are putting out there.
Look, we need to win elections. and that should be the focus.

I was an "undercover hippie" - scholarship athlete - 3.54 GPA - short hair - almost always wore an athletic letter jacket - pretty much had to - the town was at 7800 ft in the Colorado mountains and temperatures of zero or below during the school year were pretty normal - during the sixties, during the winter, there was a twenty five to thirty five day period when the daytime high for the entire period was zero - or below...

So - in that small town - during the sixties - what cop would think to search  the pockets of a college athlete/letterman?  When I carried drugs for my friends who were visually obviously hippies (they always got searched) it was in inner pockets in the leather sleeves of the jackets - disguised as "lining"...

Never got searched - after all, I was "respectable"...

When I went to enlist in the Navy with the intent of serving on a nuclear powered submarine - I appeared to be "squeaky clean" and got what I wanted - after all - good grades, scholarship athlete - (distance swimmer specializing in quarter mile, half mile and mile events and the occasional butterfly and  IM event) - no arrests or membership in subversive organizations - even registered as a R - until the day after I was discharged - at which point I became the independent/unaffiliated I've been for the last 45 years...

If you feel that way about tRump - why don't you consider leaving the r party and be an independent until the lying bone spur coward and moron  is gone?

Alferd!!! you must have been quite handsome. LOL 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 15

@rker321 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

Yep,  you have. YOu see I was in college during those years also here in the US and I remember that us girls used to sit down with the guys and teach and helped them with the courses so they would pass the courses and not be drafted. I remember how much we all hated Viet Nam. I wans't a hippie LOL
But the point is that at that time the society was not ready to accept what you were saying and therefore they saw those things as "hippie" talk or communists etc.  
The point is that Trump like it was at that time in that era is trying to confuse patriotism with racism. and there are lots of people that may be confused by his rhetoric.
That is why I really  would like to see the Democrats make the issues that we are ll interested more than a lot of the things that some are putting out there.

I was an "undercover hippie" - scholarship athlete - 3.54 GPA - short hair - almost always wore an athletic letter jacket - pretty much had to - the town was at 7800 ft in the Colorado mountains and temperatures below  freezing during the school year were pretty normal - during the sixties, during the winter, there was a twenty five to thirty five day period when the daytime high for the entire period was zero - or below...

So - in that small town - during the sixties - what cop would think to search  the pockets of a college athlete/letterman?  When I carried drugs for my friends who were visually obviously hippies (they always got searched) it was in inner pockets in the leather sleeves of the jackets - disguised as "lining"...

Never got searched - after all, I was "respectable"...

When I went to enlist in the Navy with the intent of serving on a nuclear powered submarine - I appeared to be "squeaky clean" and got what I wanted - after all - good grades, scholarship athlete - (distance swimmer specializing in quarter mile, half mile and mile events and the occasional butterfly and  IM event) - no arrests or membership in subversive organizations - even registered as a R - until the day after I was discharged - at which point I became the independent/unaffiliated I've been for the last 45 years...

If you feel that way about tRump - why don't you consider leaving the r party and be an independent until the lying bone spur coward and moron  is gone?

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 15
He manipulates those who believe him, but not those of us who do not. Our job is very simple and very difficult: We must work on getting him voted out of office by a landslide.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 15

@alferdpacker wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 15

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Alferd, you know how I feel about Trump. but I would like to see your opinion on something.

Years ago. the phrase "America, love it or leave it" was common, and I don't remember seeing anyone calling it racist.
The chant now. "Send her back "  now is considered racist.
and I am sure you have seen, when I have posted here that I dislike the place that I live I have been told to move.

NOw, my question to you is, what do you make out of these comments ?

"America, love it or leave it" was without a doubt seen by those enlightened as a racist and bigoted statement. " Bigoted" against those willing to stand up and protest for progressive and decent changes in America's foreign policies and and domestic policies effecting the 99%. Yes, telling a long-haired boy protesting the Viet Nam war to "love it or leave it" was bigoted in essence.  Yes, saying "send her back"  or "send them back to where they originally came from" to women of color is also racist and bigoted.

I agree. Remember, historically, most women and minorities couldn’t speak up. They often didn’t have the freedom to call out sexist and racist statements. You hear it more now because people of color are more empowered now. That doesn’t mean things are equal, just better.

Those phrases have always been nasty and mean and come from a place of fear.

In answer to rker321 - I didn't wear my hair long until AFTER my Naval Service - earlier, I wore my hair short in order to retain my athletic scholarship and earn my degree.

However as a kid who grew up on a ranch, doing chores from the age of seven, I was relatively strong and capable of defending myself adequately,

Whenever someone said "love it or leave it" my response was "change it - or lose it".

There were those who tried to beat me up for my answer - they ended up on the ground.

Now that I'm a senior citizen, I no longer need fisticuffs to defend myself - between capascin gel spray and carrying concealed,  I can still defend myself...

We did "change it" - Nixon was forced  to resign, and it turns out that us Hippies were correct after all about Vietnam...

The meme was "if we don't fight them there, we will have to fight them here"  

We lost - got our butts kicked out of Vietnam.

So where are the reports of street battles with Viet Cong in American cities?  

Just goes to show that the meme was a gigantic scam and lie...

I never did vote for a republican for president - or for any local office -  Nixon was obviously crooked, and a liar - Ford was nothing but a tool - Reagan was a liar -  Bush 41 was as crooked as a dog's hind leg - so was his son - tRump was obviously a liar - even forty years ago. 

Am I a Dem? - nope - have always been independent/unaffiliated - but smart enough to see that a great many - a majority of republicans - have always been basically crooked and dishonest - and care more about Party than about the Nation that granted them citizenship - so I never voted for any of them...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 15

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

But that phrase was said frequently. and guys that left for Canada were not considered patriots. and when the Viet veterans returned there was not such a great homecoming  that was where the country was as that time.

Whether it was right or wrong is not the issue. is how the society felt at that point in time.
Even my husband when you speak about Jane Fonda he still sees her as a traitor and I always have to tell him otherwise.
Not fighting for your country at that time was seen unpatriotic. there was not a racial implication but a patriotic one.
But, nevertheless, and the point  is that now Trump is trying to make the whole thing as unpatriotic. and not racist  and he is now manipulating the country and that is dangerous.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 15

Perhaps a question that must be asked, will those convicted have anything to offer trump for a pardon. Doubtful. 

But then again we would not be surprised if trump did pardon. trump will have to decide if that move will offer him any real increase in support of him and how many votes that it might include. 

Maybe we should check with stephen miller to see what he thinks and will advise trump. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 15

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Alferd, you know how I feel about Trump. but I would like to see your opinion on something.

Years ago. the phrase "America, love it or leave it" was common, and I don't remember seeing anyone calling it racist.
The chant now. "Send her back "  now is considered racist.
and I am sure you have seen, when I have posted here that I dislike the place that I live I have been told to move.

NOw, my question to you is, what do you make out of these comments ?

"America, love it or leave it" was without a doubt seen by those enlightened as a racist and bigoted statement. " Bigoted" against those willing to stand up and protest for progressive and decent changes in America's foreign policies and and domestic policies effecting the 99%. Yes, telling a long-haired boy protesting the Viet Nam war to "love it or leave it" was bigoted in essence.  Yes, saying "send her back"  or "send them back to where they originally came from" to women of color is also racist and bigoted.

I agree. Remember, historically, most women and minorities couldn’t speak up. They often didn’t have the freedom to call out sexist and racist statements. You hear it more now because people of color are more empowered now. That doesn’t mean things are equal, just better.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 15

This is where I will digress with you Rich. I understand that you are taking the saying of "America love it or leave it " as a racist prhrase But I remember correctly when Jane Fonda was protesting about the war in Viet Nam ans she was called all kinds of names in the media and by everyone in this country,

Now the point that I want you and many in this message board to see in my post.
is.

I am seeing Trump tapping into a emotional issue that persists in many Americans and it seems almost patriotic. If  they defend the phrase America love it leave it. then in that case they are patriots that are defending this country. I am not saying that they are thinking straight I am saying that is what many see and he is in a demagogue way manipulating the masses.
That is very dangerous because there are many that do see things in that manner and they don't consider them racist. Trump is good at doing that.

Kudos
Views