Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHY??????

Message 11 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:
NerdyMom posted..

Loophole? What is wrong with people becoming citizens? Especially those who have grown up here. The average age of arrival was 6 1/2 years old. They are as American as you and I are. They are law abiding. They have to be to qualify for this program.

So what's wrong with their becoming legal????

======================================================

Nothing wrong with people becoming citizens...in fact I love it.

I also believe in our laws. I also believe that it's Congress that sets are laws not our President.

Again..

"The Obama administration had seemed intent on keeping the data secret, refusing to answer requests from Congress. The Trump administration complied."

Typical of the Obama administration.

FYI Obama was not elected to become King of our great country!

There are two things going on here.   One is that Obama was exercising prosecutorial discretion, which was his right, as the head of the Executive Branch.  Every president has the power to tell the Executive Branch how to do its job. He did NOT make a law with DACA. It's a policy.   If it were a law, then Trump could not unilaterally repeal it.  Only Congress could.

Two, the Advance Parole is part of Immigration Law, and it was passed by Congress, a long time ago.   Some Dreamers can take advantage of it as a way to create a legitimate path to citizenship.  Just like other immigrants who are having their status considered.  This is nothing new.   So to me, it's not a "loophole."  It's people trying to obey the law, and isn't that what we are all supposed to do?

So if you are against DACA, and it seems you are, but not against a legal path to citizenship for children brought here against their will and through no fault of their own, have you lobbied your representiatives to introduce and pass legislation that provides these kids with a way to gain legal status?     

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29
MIseker posted..

Right. no one on this board EVER disparaged Mrs Obama in any way. especially you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

disparaging - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/disparaging
When you are disparaging, you express negative, low opinions in order to lower someone's reputation.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I never disparaged Ms Obama.

I did point out about her mis use of her air travel. I think you know that.

I ask you this is it OK with you to call Ms Trump a hooker?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

@MIseker wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

rk posted..

Of course it's for appearance - such events are always for appearance. But - "and his hooker" - ah, Laddie, I must be getting old.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name calling like calling our first lady a hooker is uncalled for.

The hate from the left on this board is a reason why it has gone down hill.

It's one thing to disagree with Trump or posters because of issues that affect us all....but the name calling is uncalled for.

Right. no one on this board EVER disparaged Mrs Obama in any way. especially you.

Love the snark !!!

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

Coming into this country without proper documentation is a misdemeanor.

And now some here seem to believe that these 800K children who are guilty of a misdemeanor more than a decade or two ago, need to be expelled from the country.     

If  Donald writes an EO to negate what President Obama did because the  Republican majority in the House of Representatives refused to discuss legislation regarding immigration, this will affect every district and not in a good way.     

Some here, who cheered Arapaio, seem to believe that anyone who does not appear to be WASP should be stopped and interrogated.   They seem to not know or care what those who are working in the US via DACA are contributing to the US economy ( you know:  jobs/taxes) .    Do those types here know who work in professional jobs that are not necessarily visible in their area or how a loss of those employees will negative impact their lives?    I'd wager - doubtful. 

As those individuals who spent a lot of time talking about jobs and unemployment under the current regime going to celebrate when an extra 800K vacancies are created and most those not currently working are not qualified to fill those jobs?       Certainly an loss of 800K jobs will erase all the jobs that some here have celebrated all this year that were added during this current regime.  

The current deportation regime demands that anyone who is deported just for being brown requires a 10 year delay before an individual can consider applying for a Visa.   How many families will be disrupted by this witch hunt for misdeameanor charges  as children leading to deportation.    The White Nationalists are alive and well in the Republican Party....that will be an easy sell.    

And in case some here have already forgotten the  8/30 Fox Poll.

1.    Majority of those polled said that Donald is tearing the country apart.

2     Majority of those polled said that White Nationalist were responsible for protests an escalating violence in Charlottesville. 

I will  start making election posters on exactly those 2 question / results  from the FOX Poll  if Donald is stupid enough to destroy DACA.  

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:

rk posted..

Of course it's for appearance - such events are always for appearance. But - "and his hooker" - ah, Laddie, I must be getting old.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's one thing to disagree with Trump or posters because of issues that affect us all....but the name calling is uncalled for.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

rk posted..

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

@Richva wrote:

since the whole point of Mr. Trump and his hooker going to Houston was for appearances, I guess it is fair we judge them on how well they handled appearances.  Stilleto heels to  a disaster does seem............pretentious.

Of course it's for appearance - such events are always for appearance. But - "and his hooker" - ah, Laddie, I must be getting old. I can remember when your posts had class.

Back to the topic. It is the Congress that determines immigration law, and the Courts that interpret it, not the President. So, whatever President Trump does will only be a matter of undoing improper EO actions.

It seems he is leaning towards not fully satisfying anyone - no mass roundups but a phased program that offers opportunities for the people involved to legally acquire citizenship.

We shall see.....

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

@jimc91 wrote:

I am thinking it has something to do with the stilettos that are being worn by Milania Trump...

since the whole point of Mr. Trump and his hooker going to Houston was for appearances, I guess it is fair we judge them on how well they handled appearances.  Stilleto heels to  a disaster does seem............pretentious.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

I am thinking it has something to do with the stilettos that are being worn by Milania Trump...

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

@KidBoy2 wrote:

"The Obama administration had seemed intent on keeping the data secret, refusing to answer requests from Congress. The Trump administration complied."

Typical of the Obama administration.  What a bunch of crapola....claiming the President has to inform "provide data" to Congress about a law/loophole that Congress wrote?  LOL!  It's amazing what the tinhat people want other "low info's" to believe.
Image result for tin hat

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.

Top Authors