From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

 

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
253
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

253 Views
Message 21 of 36

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking So what good could there possibly be in doing this deal?  

 

Why not just tell the Russians to eat cake and get the uranium they need else where?

 

Why did “we” need to sell it to them?

 

 

 


“We” didn’t sell them anything, a Canadian company did. You know, free-market capitalism.

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
253
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
259
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

259 Views
Message 22 of 36

@MIseker wrote:

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

So what good could there possibly be in doing this deal?  

 

Why not just tell the Russians to eat cake and get the uranium they need else where?

 

Why did “we” need to sell it to them?

 

 

If you really want factual answers here's a good start, or is Hannity shoveling more manure preferable?

 

Claims of Clinton-Russia Uranium Collusion Are A Real Empty Barrel

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2017/10/27/claims-of-clinton-russia-uranium-scandal-are-a-re...


Thats a great article. Am i foolish in thinking those that need to read and heed will indeed read?


If Breitbart, The Daily Caller or some other Alt-Right source doesn't say it, they'll just call it fake news. same old ignorance.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
259
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
264
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

264 Views
Message 23 of 36

@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91: 

So what good could there possibly be in doing this deal?  

 

Why not just tell the Russians to eat cake and get the uranium they need else where?

 

Why did “we” need to sell it to them?

 

 

If you really want factual answers here's a good start, or is Hannity shoveling more manure preferable?

 

Claims of Clinton-Russia Uranium Collusion Are A Real Empty Barrel

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2017/10/27/claims-of-clinton-russia-uranium-scandal-are-a-re...


Thats a great article. Am i foolish in thinking those that need to read and heed will indeed read?

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
264
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
281
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

281 Views
Message 24 of 36

jimc91: 

So what good could there possibly be in doing this deal?  

 

Why not just tell the Russians to eat cake and get the uranium they need else where?

 

Why did “we” need to sell it to them?

 

 

If you really want factual answers here's a good start, or is Hannity shoveling more manure preferable?

 

Claims of Clinton-Russia Uranium Collusion Are A Real Empty Barrel

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesconca/2017/10/27/claims-of-clinton-russia-uranium-scandal-are-a-re...

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
281
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
278
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

278 Views
Message 25 of 36

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

What motivation could we (The USA) have to allow Russia to have and control 20% of our uranium?  

 

What purpose could it serve?

 

 

 

 

 

 


Maybe a donation by Vladimir to the Clinton Foundation is the purpose and reason.


nah...its a distraction while the current govt allows mining companies to poison your grand kids drinking water so they have to pay more for it from nestle.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
278
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
283
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

283 Views
Message 26 of 36
since this is really a nothingburger being blown out of proportion to distract you, spend some time figuring out how the proposed tax cuts will effect you and your kids monetarily. Then think about people at your income level that may be struggling for whatever reason. Go look at a table of mean income as relates to the poverty level and mark your spot on it...see who gets a bigger piece of the pie..and how many.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
283
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
293
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

293 Views
Message 27 of 36

@jimc91 wrote:

@CriticalThinking So what good could there possibly be in doing this deal?  

 

Why not just tell the Russians to eat cake and get the uranium they need else where?

 

Why did “we” need to sell it to them?

 

 

 


for their foreign investment into our economy. you know..capitalism. Uranium has uses beyond nuking people. Medical equipment, glowing dials on a watch, etc. so. what it looks like is..russia aid to buy a pig in a poke..if anyone got scrood its them. They cant export it? the eqiupment hasnt been used in 10 years? Maybe, they can take the equipment to Russia..and we have sold them 10 yr old technology.

 

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
293
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
289
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

289 Views
Message 28 of 36

@jimc91 wrote:

 

What is the actual purpose for the US to allow Russia to have even a tablespoon of our uranium?

 

What possible good could come out of it?

 

Thoughts?

 


@jimc91,

 

It would be wonderful if you did some legitimate research about uranium, our exports, our imports, uranium grades, how it is used, etc. etc before you try to launch an argument based on the FAKE NEWS that emanates from most of your sources.

 

First of all, as several have already said, the uranium that "can" be mined(but isn't) is low grade material. This deal was actually done so Russia could get another location in Kazakhstan owned by the same Canadian company which had a higher grade material.

 

But the REAL FACTS that blow your argument out of the water altogether is that you didn't even do enough research to realize that the higher grade uranium we use in the United States for power and other uses is, for the most part, IMPORTED. Let me give you two countries from which we import this high grade uranium:

 

(1) RUSSIA

(2) CHINA

 

There is no story here, only what the right wing FAKE NEWS sources like BRIETBART, FOX, THE WASHINGTON TIMES and all of your tabloid resources have generated as "NEWS".

 

In actuality, the Russians having access to higher grade material in Kazakhstan enables THE UNITED STATES to import more material from them.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
289
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
280
Views

Re: WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

280 Views
Message 29 of 36

@CriticalThinking So what good could there possibly be in doing this deal?  

 

Why not just tell the Russians to eat cake and get the uranium they need else where?

 

Why did “we” need to sell it to them?

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
280
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
341
Views

WHY WOULD THE USA ALLOW RUSSIA TO OBTAIN 20% OF OUR URANIUM?

341 Views
Message 30 of 36

Now we're talking as Jim asked some very good questions. He asked, "What is the actual purpose for the US to allow Russia to have even a tablespoon of our uranium? What possible good could come out of it?"

 

Russia can’t export any uranium they produce in the U.S. anyway. They do not possess a Nuclear Regulatory Commission export license.

 

"The real reason Russia wanted this deal was to give Rosatom’s subsidiary the Uranium One’s very profitable uranium mines in Kazakhstan, the single largest producer of commercial uranium in the world.

 

Candidate Trump jumped on this issue during the 2016 campaign trail last year, but as Secretary of State, Clinton was not involved in the committee review, never intervened on the matter and there were several other agencies involved in the recommendation.

 

It is still not clear why no one at the FBI alerted the Obama Administration to the Russian kickbacks, extortion threats and money laundering before these decisions were made.. But in the end, this Russian deal just wasn’t that important and had no national security ramifications."

 

"As Jeffrey Lewis, a nuclear nonproliferation expert at the Middlebury Institute, described it, Russia’s purchase of the company ‘had as much of an impact on national security as it would have if they set the money on fire. That’s probably why all the U.S. agencies involved approved it.’

 

The key to this issue’s resurgence this week is that Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State at the time, Bill Clinton was getting lucrative speaking fees in Russia, and Russian money was finding its way to the Clinton Foundation, although the latter turns out to be small. However, even if there was no wrongdoing on the part of the Administration or the Clintons, and no national security reason for anyone to oppose this deal, some still want to make it another Bengazhi."

 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
341
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.


multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors