AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHY WONT LEFT-WING SANCTUARY CITIES WELCOME THE DIVERSITY OF ASYLUM SEEKERS?

Message 1 of 51

Two different discussions seem to be going on here.... taxation and refugees.

You can deduct your mortgage interest on up to $1 million total in debt, on your primary home and one second home. ....that is if you are RICH enough to own million dollar homes OR A HOME   in the USA.      Then the thousands of dollars the wealthy  saved by the tax-breaks ...they  can donate to the party that enriches them   and still have much $$ left-over to keep growing wealth.  .  

Of course the current problem concerning asylum seekers who are here need to be addressed.    I seriously doubt people actually want to leave their country of origin and the reasons they are doing so have not been addressed properly and thoroughly for decades.    One of the reasons became more clear to me was a child that died who was one of four siblings under eight years old.   Any over populated country is due to  suffer a crisis and their govt's glad to see them leave.    To continue to donate funds and material goods will be ongoing forever  unless the basic problem of a lack of planned parenthood. is solved.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHY WONT LEFT-WING SANCTUARY CITIES WELCOME THE DIVERSITY OF ASYLUM SEEKERS?

Message 2 of 51

@john258 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

john258 posted...

Not true. In total he increased taxes. It was bait and switch. Tariffs replaced income taxes, and all but the top pay more. Trump did it that way as he new What the experts have told us about his far right followers. They would not understand any of this and think they were paying less. Experts proved correct again.

===========================

Not a thing you posted makes sense...

You are correct it does not make sense to the far right. It does make sense to the rest of us. Experts correct again.

Please provide a link to "your experts".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 51

Hello everyone,

Whilst we welcome robust debate, we ask that everyone abides by the guidelines.

Please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 51

@KidBoy2 wrote:

john258 posted...

Not true. In total he increased taxes. It was bait and switch. Tariffs replaced income taxes, and all but the top pay more. Trump did it that way as he new What the experts have told us about his far right followers. They would not understand any of this and think they were paying less. Experts proved correct again.

You are correct it does not make sense to the far right. It does make sense to the rest of us. Experts correct again.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 51

john258 posted...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 51

@jimc91 

Okay, then who are your experts who say the middle class did better by the tax cuts than the upper 5%? What percentage of taxes do any of the wealthy pay versus a couple making 70,000 per year...and how about corporate taxes, which received a giant cut, what percentage do they pay?

Coupled with tariffs being taxes, that we pay, not the country on which tariffs were imposed. 

And for sanctuary cities, trump has interjected himself into the chain of events previously taken by asylum seekers, and not for the good of our Country or the seekers. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 51

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear:

• Cities who refuse to enforce federal laws, much like the FBI does not staff local sobriety checkpoints, are not the same as offering sanctuary.
  • City leaders have been watching the absolute mess the Trump administration has made in border cities like El Paso, Las Cruces, and Deming.  They do not want similar messes in their cities. 
  • Trump is attempting to blame his inability to manage this mess on Congress
  • for lack of funding. At the same time, he is diverting funds from national defense to pay for his wall. 
  • Trump has stripped the borders and the interior drug checkpoints of staff. The wait to cross the borders has become multiple hours and cities in the interior are complaining about increased contraband shipments. 
  • Trump is causing the reopening of private prisons to house asylum seekers rather than hiring more attorneys to act as judges.
  • Trump is still housing asylum seekers under bridges in El Paso. 

I just do not understand why Republicans put up with this level of incompetence.  Do they like the $ Trillion deficit?

They would rather see tax cuts for Billionaires than to see someone rationally run our country. George Will got it right, the Republicans have become a trump cult, they accept anything he does. But then of course Republicans have also never been able to govern.

I assume you already know but are concealing the fact that Trump cut taxes for all Americans actually paying income taxes. Yes, the rich got more back from the tax cuts and you already know why - they pay the lions share of the taxes.  To give those people disproportionate refunds would be a form of redistributing the wealth (something the Democrats love).

Not true. In total he increased taxes. It was bait and switch.

All people who pay income taxes got a cut in income taxes.  That IS true. Tariffs have nothing to do with the statement I made.

Tariffs replaced income taxes, and all but the top pay more.

I assume the wealthy make bigger purchases, so the statement that you made is WRONG AGAIN.  The wealthy pay more in tariffs also.

Trump did it that way as he new What the experts have told us about his far right followers. They would not understand any of this and think they were paying less. Experts proved correct again.

Not many people follow "your experts".

@NOTHAPPENING have you noticed they are always, "Unnamed Experts?"

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 51

@john258 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear:

• Cities who refuse to enforce federal laws, much like the FBI does not staff local sobriety checkpoints, are not the same as offering sanctuary.
  • City leaders have been watching the absolute mess the Trump administration has made in border cities like El Paso, Las Cruces, and Deming.  They do not want similar messes in their cities. 
  • for lack of funding. At the same time, he is diverting funds from national defense to pay for his wall. 
  • Trump has stripped the borders and the interior drug checkpoints of staff. The wait to cross the borders has become multiple hours and cities in the interior are complaining about increased contraband shipments. 
  • Trump is causing the reopening of private prisons to house asylum seekers rather than hiring more attorneys to act as judges.

I just do not understand why Republicans put up with this level of incompetence.  Do they like the $ Trillion deficit?

They would rather see tax cuts for Billionaires than to see someone rationally run our country. George Will got it right, the Republicans have become a trump cult, they accept anything he does. But then of course Republicans have also never been able to govern.

I assume you already know but are concealing the fact that Trump cut taxes for all Americans actually paying income taxes. Yes, the rich got more back from the tax cuts and you already know why - they pay the lions share of the taxes.  To give those people disproportionate refunds would be a form of redistributing the wealth (something the Democrats love).

Not true. In total he increased taxes. It was bait and switch.

All people who pay income taxes got a cut in income taxes.  That IS true. Tariffs have nothing to do with the statement I made.

Tariffs replaced income taxes, and all but the top pay more.

I assume the wealthy make bigger purchases, so the statement that you made is WRONG AGAIN.  The wealthy pay more in tariffs also.

Trump did it that way as he new What the experts have told us about his far right followers. They would not understand any of this and think they were paying less. Experts proved correct again.

Not many people follow "your experts".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 51

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

And Republicans believe "What's mine is mine and what's yours is negotiable". This explains why 90% of Americas wealth is in the hands of the top 3%.

Democrats believe what is mine IS MINE and what is yours is MINE ALSO!  Democrats also believe in FREE STUFF at the expense of others.  They don't believe in GIVING free stuff, just GETTING!

Granting tax cuts is easy if you are willing to go into debt to the tune of a trillion dollars.  It is why the Democrats hesitated so much on implementing their programs. They were not willing to be as fiscally irresponsible as the Republicans. 

Democrats never saw a tax that they didn't like, especially on OTHERS.  They figure the more taxes they levy, the more free stuff they can ask for.  When it is your money, then please burn it.  When it is others money, be careful what you want FREE!

FYI- The "deficit" did go up $1 trillion dollars under Trump.  Keep in mind that deficits are for one fiscal year and "debt" is the accumulation of deficits over many years. Obama gave us $20 trillion dollars of debt in 8 years and his contribution was $10 trillion.  When Trump gets near these record debts, please let me know. Obama's increase in debt was 100% increase over 8 years. Trump increased the debt $2 trillion over 2.5 years.  In order to match Obama's debt (100% increase), we would have a debt of $40 trillion dollars (a staggering amount)!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 51

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Just to be clear:

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22