Protect your digital identity with AARP’s fraud resource center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHY IMPEACHMENT WILL BACKFIRE

Message 31 of 43

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Mueller knew this 2.5 years ago so why didn't he just say the investigation is a waste of time? He found nothing and he can't find him guilty of nothing so Dumocrats want to keep the investigation into nothing going for another year.

Not guilty means innocent except to Dumocrats.

The investigation was not a waste of time because several guilty of high crimes got caught and indicted, resulting in prison sentences. Oh ....... and yes ....... trump will get indicted along with some family members when he leaves office.

There is one problem with you "not guilty" statement ............. Mueller never said that trump was not guilty of obstruction of justice, he will either get charged o f it in an impeachment and or indicted for it when he leaves office.

AND ...... when his financial records are finally shown (and they will eventually), he will be charged with some more serious crimes.

I acknowledge your liberal OPINION!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 43

What words are those that they don't understand?

Mueller clearly stated that if he thought that the President was NOT guilty he would have said so?\\

Those are  the word of Muller, so why do they think that they can interpret  those words as not being guilty?

If I am incorrect and those words were hot spoken by Mueller please let me know

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 43

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

Mueller knew this 2.5 years ago so why didn't he just say the investigation is a waste of time? He found nothing and he can't find him guilty of nothing so Dumocrats want to keep the investigation into nothing going for another year.

The investigation was not a waste of time because several guilty of high crimes got caught and indicted, resulting in prison sentences. Oh ....... and yes ....... trump will get indicted along with some family members when he leaves office.

There is one problem with your "not guilty" statement ............. Mueller never said that trump was not guilty of obstruction of justice, he will either get charged of it in an impeachment and or indicted for it when he leaves office.

AND ...... when his financial records are finally shown (and they will eventually), he will be charged with some more serious crimes.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 43

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@MaVolta, you have nailed it. We need to get all the facts out, and Mueller could not do that because of DOJ policy against using Federal Law to charge a sitting President.

During Watergate, I was certain Nixon (who got my vote TWICE) had nothing to do with it. Not because I thought he was squeky-clean as Ike demanded, but because he was highly intelligent and I felt there was no way he'd allow himself to get so immersed in the crimes and the coverup. The evidence proved me totally wrong and drove Tricky from office.

Donny Bonespurs is dumber than a box of hammers and evil enough to start a War with Iran to divert attention from his Treason. Regardless, the House needs to begin TELEVISED  impeachment proceedings. Mueller already assembled an overwhelming case against the Toad, a feat that has already sent five of donnys most senior advisors to jail and will make Yertle McConnell less likely to refuse a trial in the Senate.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 43

@MaVolta, you have nailed it. We need to get all the facts out, and Mueller could not do that because of DOJ policy against using Federal Law to charge a sitting President.

During Watergate, I was certain Nixon (who got my vote TWICE) had nothing to do with it. Not because I thought he was squeky-clean as Ike demanded, but because he was highly intelligent and I felt there was no way he'd allow himself to get so immersed in the crimes and the coverup. The evidence proved me totally wrong and drove Tricky from office.

Donny Bonespurs is dumber than a box of hammers and evil enough to start a War with Iran to divert attention from his Treason. Regardless, the House needs to begin TELEVISED  impeachment proceedings. Mueller already assembled an overwhelming case against the Toad, a feat that has already sent five of donnys most senior advisors to jail and will make Yertle McConnell less likely to refuse a trial in the Senate.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 43
Liberal minds think you are guilty until proven innocent. @NOTHAPPENING..........True. Think about this way of their thinking...............Hillary was guilty, but she was not charged because she didn't understand what she was doing with her server. Trump is not guilty, but they want to charge him for being not guilty. My brain tries to deal in logic, but I be darned if this group can't eat away at logic.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 43

I welcome the House to start impeachment which will ultimately insure an easy Trump win in 2020.  Mueller found no crimes were committed and he made the statement that finding guilt would not remove him from office anyhow, so I have this one question.  Why did Mueller take two plus years to suddenly find out he coundn't find guilt or innocence?  In this country, if you're not guilty, then by default, you are innocent except to the liberal mind.

Liberal minds think you are guilty until proven innocent.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 43

@mandm84 wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear whether Ohio Republican Governor John Kasich will run in the Primary. If he decides to , it should be very interesting.

If  Kaisch  would run, then Biden would really have a good contender and many Republicans would vote for him.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 43

Frum's argument is the political calculation, and it is a valid one. The Senate will either acquit, or with McConnell, may not even hold a trial. McConnell knows all of the rule loopholes to get around it. Trump declares victory, as Frum points out. But Trump is already declaring exoneration, and will continue to do so, even though Mueller said otherwise in a public address. Trump's MAGA people are in lock step with the WH spin doctors, who dismissed the whole event, and Barr, once again, contradicted Mueller afterwards.

However, the other side of the argument is for the rule of law, all politics aside. It's a question of right and wrong, and what our moral values stand for. What message does it send if Congress doesn't do it's job, and allows the obstruction in plain sight to continue on a daily basis.

At some point, they must at least open an impeachment inquiry. This would allow them to hold public hearings on tv and gather evidence in a more efficient manner (according to tv lawyers and other expert commentators). This is what GOP Rep Justin Amash, former GOP Rep Tom Coleman, 50 House D's, and several D-candidate hopefuls (Warren, O'Rourke, Booker, Sanders, Swalwell, Castro, maybe others?) have called for.

TV hearings could prove extremely helpful as it did in Watergate. Public opinion changed as the facts came out. Note how some conservatives were stunned when presented the facts by Rep Amash at his recent town hall. Some said that they had no idea that Trump had done anything wrong. Many applauded him for having the courage of his convictions. The only ones who didn't go along were the die-hard Trump supporters, and they aren't going to change, ever.

Holding the inquiry doesn't necessarily mean that articles of impeachment must be drawn up and voted on. They can follow the evidence, and have time to gather more in the process. This should help Pelosi and her caucus make the final decision, if or when it needs to happen.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 43

I'm still waiting to hear whether Ohio Republican Governor John Kasich will run in the Primary. If he decides to , it should be very interesting.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22