Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHO SELECTED THE FRONTRUNNERS

Message 11 of 14

I am quite captivated with Pete Buttigeig, and that’s got me examining my biases....for men. Why is he more interesting to me than Kamala  Harris, who was my initial favorite?

I thought my only real bias was against an older person. I love Biden but he’s too old.  

In the end, I will donate to and vote for the democratic nominee. But it is frustrating to be drawn back, yet again, to a white male. While I like Harris’ platform the best, Buttigeig seems to be more open to crossing the aisle. Not that that matters anymore. The Republicans never compromise. 

I dont think I am influenced to any significant extent by news coverage. But men sure are getting more coverage.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

@JANMB wrote:

My search for who decides who the front-runners are came up with Politico's "Trump’s team picks out Democratic front-runners"

(That wasn't exactly the answer I was expecting ) .

Here is where I become combative and of course anyone can disagree with my assessment and I welcome it if it's respectfully submitted.. It's been too damned hard to elect a woman president in the USA. and I don't get it. . The diversity that women could bring to the table in terms of perspective and experience can shape decisions and culture in a positive way. When 80 other countries already have had female leaders/presidents and the USA NONE. in over 240 years......I think that's pitiful considering we are supposed to be the leader of the free-world.

But WHO really decides who the front runners are today this early in this game  ? Is it the amount donated and then the Press.that gives them the free publicity ? The ones who can provide the best B.S. promises and one liners that the public will remember.?

If it's money I seriously doubt much or any of the donations come from half the country who is underpaid and struggling .   Although Sanders (the alleged front-runner via $$ and the press ) hasn’t created a Super PAC of his own, but he has benefited from campaign funds from a number of special interest groups.    Such as the NRA individual members of this group who help send him to congress.   However,   It's our system so you can't blame candidates for raising and accepting donations if they want to win.and it certainly is tricky enough to get them in hot water.  

Great Questions

The Front-runners are determined by the News Media - Bogus

Does anyone thinks CNN or MSNBC is going to Staff the Coverage of Mike Gravel or Andrew Yang or Wayne Messam at the same level as - Beto O'Rourke - Bernie Sanders - Elizabeth Warren - Kamala Harris ?

Of course not - some will get 24/7 365 - others will get a Token Honorable Mention just to give the appearance of legitimacy

Remember Comprehensive Coverage Includes a High Priced Well Known On-Air Personality Anchor on the Ground with the Candidate - Multiple Staff - Producers - Make Up - Technicians - Satellite Trucks - Security - Multiple Cameras & Cameramen

Advertisers are not going to buy the same Advertising for Bernie Sanders Coverage as for Wayne Messam

Again - Capiltalism is responsible for Electing our Representatives whether President of Reps

1. The DNC is going to have a Huge Impact - For Example they have already determined Fox News will not be allowed to Host any Debates - I'm not a Fox Fan - but a lot of Americans are and it might be the one and only chance a Specific Democratic Candidate will get to be in front of the Fox Audience in any kind of a reasonable Q & A

2. The DNC will not allow more than 20 candidates to participate in the first two debates

If more than 20 candidates reach either of thresholds, the field will be winnowed down to favor those who have met both the polling and fundraising thresholds.

3. Participation order will be based off random selection, dividing qualifying candidates in half between the two debates;

RANDOM SELECTION - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN - IS IT A STRAIGHT UP LOTTERY - THROW ALL NAMES IN A HAT AND PICK OR IS IT PANEL A-LISTERS & THEN THE KIDS TABLE

4. The first debate will broadcast on NBC News, MSNBC, and Telemundo on consecutive weekday nights in June;

5. The second debate will broadcast on CNN in July;

BOGUS - BOGUS - BOGUS

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

Bernie has the most people donating to his campaign and his donations average a meager $20 per donation. I don't believe anyone can top that.

But I guess it would be nice if Elizabeth Warren or Tulsi Gabbard wins the presidency, and hence, break the glass ceiling.

tulsi liz.jpg

I have a feeling we're going to have at least a woman Vice-President.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

WHO SELECTED THE FRONTRUNNERS

Message 14 of 14

My search for who decides who the front-runners are came up with Politico's "Trump’s team picks out Democratic front-runners"

(That wasn't exactly the answer I was expecting ) .

Here is where I become combative and of course anyone can disagree with my assessment and I welcome it if it's respectfully submitted.. It's been too damned hard to elect a woman president in the USA. and I don't get it. . The diversity that women could bring to the table in terms of perspective and experience can shape decisions and culture in a positive way. When 80 other countries already have had female leaders/presidents and the USA NONE. in over 240 years......I think that's pitiful considering we are supposed to be the leader of the free-world.

But WHO really decides who the front runners are today this early in this game  ? Is it the amount donated and then the Press.that gives them the free publicity ? The ones who can provide the best B.S. promises and one liners that the public will remember.?

If it's money I seriously doubt much or any of the donations come from half the country who is underpaid and struggling .   Although Sanders (the alleged front-runner via $$ and the press ) hasn’t created a Super PAC of his own, but he has benefited from campaign funds from a number of special interest groups.    Such as the NRA individual members of this group who help send him to congress.   However,   It's our system so you can't blame candidates for raising and accepting donations if they want to win.and it certainly is tricky enough to get them in hot water.  

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors