WATCH VIDEO: Friday's Iowa presidential candidate forum. Appearing are Beto O'Rourke, Elizabeth Warren, Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHO SELECTED THE FRONTRUNNERS

Message 1 of 14

Never Polled - Never Met Anyone Who Has...............

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

I've never been polled, at least not by one of those official polls.

I've been polled only by political parties or people working for a particular candidate. That's just data mining.

Gallup, Rasmussen, or not of the others have ever called me. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

I was never polled nor do I know of anyone who has been. ...do you ?  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder 

Think you are leaving out a bit of the Porter - Diamon exchange -

it was pointed out that the subject was in an entry level position, her 1st job - $16.50 per hour is not bad for such a condition. 

Most likely her and her daughter's health insurance is covered by the employer (Chase) so there is more that needs to be added in to this workers base salary.

He also offered to take a look at her expenses to see if he could make any money saving or money stretching suggestions after he knew all the fine details.

I know I certainly had some questions - $1600 a month for a (1) bedroom apartment - that is way too high for her income - since it is only her and her daughter perhaps an efficiency would do OR what about sharing with someone else in a roommate situation splitting rent and utilities, perhaps even splitting some of the other things too.

Where is the income (child support ) that she is getting from the sperm donor?

Unless there are other details that weren't known, shouldn't there be child support or are single mother's not going after the sperm donors anymore?

The childcare numbers also looked way out of whack to me - after school - how many hours would that be since the kid is probably in school from 8 - 2 M-F.  Wouldn't the mother's teller job be over at about 4 - 5 daily?  In that case, maybe another parent would want to care for the child for those few hours at most likely a much lower rate.

Paying $250 a month for a 2008 vehicle - that makes no sense.  Maybe it is from a buy here/pay here place at a very high interest rate. 

One has to always remember that you will always have a negative number if the money doesn't fit their expenses rather than trying to fit their expenses to their income.

I think Rep Porter acted unprofessional in this line of questioning and Mr. Diamon answered the only way he could in a professional manner.  There are many details that have to be evaluated in setting a reasonable budget to income and IMO, Rep Porter only gave the highlights with no details.  If she wanted to make it all about this person, then come loaded with details to take it apart.

I know this is off- topic but since you brought it up, thought I would add my 2 cents.

Rep Porter found a real live employee of JP Morgan & interviewed her in preperation for a upcoming hearing - She also had the Real Live CEO of JP Morgan in front of her - Diamon the CEO  is paid 31 Million $$ a year to be a expert on Income & Expenses - Insurance - Banking - Finance - The Economy - Profit & Loss - Taxes - Finances

I don;t know what hearing you were listening too - but I heard Diamon state clearly & unequivocally at least 3 times that he would have to - "think about it" & then he stopped talking - of course Porters 5 Minute Clock was running during the pauses and that was after a Republican Member of the Committee already interrupted Porter to complain that the 18 inch by 18 inch Whiteboard Porter was using to help in her illustration was illegal because she hadn;t cleared it with the Committee B4 it started

I was making 3 points - First a career financial professional working as the Leader of one of the Countries Top Investment & Banking Corporations could not relate - not just to a working American at the bottom of the Food Chain at his own Company - but the insignificance of the Numbers involved where Foreign to him - the numbers were too small for him to recall any scenario where he had faced a similar problem - he couldnt advise her to take advantage of the Loopholes in the US Tax Code like he would have in private with a Millionaire - he couldn't advise her to expense anything or income average or defer income because none of those tools he works with everyday with Millionaires & Billionaires are not available to someone making $16.50   a hour - so the 31 Million Dollar a year Financial Adviser was stumped

Second Point was $16.50 a hour is $9.25 a hour more than the Minimum Wage - so that means there are Millions of Americans who get up everyday leave their homes & go to work a 40 hour week for $370 a week less than the JP Morgan employee - so I think it's reasonable to assume their stories would be even more horrendous

The last point was again how this hearing was a illustration of the difference in the quality & relevance of the preparation & passion exhibited by a Freshman Congress Person who can relate to the experiences of Working Middle Class Americans because they've lived it & recently compared to some Democratic Dinosaur who's been making $175,000 a year plus expenses & working less than half a 40 hour work week for decades

As far as you implying the Employee and the Representative were lying and just made the whole thing up - yeah I guess if thats the world you live in OK

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

@mickstuder   I don’t have time this morning to answer in full. Short answer is I worked in politics for many years. I know what to look for, who to ask, and where to look.

@GailL1  You kind of proved Mick’s point.  Poverty is dynamic. A snapshot in time. Maybe the woman’s lease is too expensive right now, but what if her job situation had changed during that lease? What was affordable before is no longer. It costs money to break a lease. It costs money to move. 

Afterschool child care is often contracted on a school year basis. Not easy to get out of, again, without spending more money. Depending on neighborhood, there may not be many stay at home parents who could watch the kid.  Working class people often work shift work. They often work two jobs. Maybe they have creepy older sons or husbands who are a threat to a younger child. Sadly, that’s quite common.  If the kid is older and can stay home alone, you risk the child making poor choices while unsupervised. Teen pregnancy mostly happens after school, after all.

Money buys you and your loved ones safety, security, and stability.  If you don’t have sufficient money, it’s a daily fight to try and obtain these fundamental needs.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@mickstuder 

Think you are leaving out a bit of the Porter - Diamon exchange -

it was pointed out that the subject was in an entry level position, her 1st job - $16.50 per hour is not bad for such a condition. 

Most likely her and her daughter's health insurance is covered by the employer (Chase) so there is more that needs to be added in to this workers base salary.

He also offered to take a look at her expenses to see if he could make any money saving or money stretching suggestions after he knew all the fine details.

I know I certainly had some questions - $1600 a month for a (1) bedroom apartment - that is way too high for her income - since it is only her and her daughter perhaps an efficiency would do OR what about sharing with someone else in a roommate situation splitting rent and utilities, perhaps even splitting some of the other things too.

Where is the income (child support ) that she is getting from the sperm donor?

Unless there are other details that weren't known, shouldn't there be child support or are single mother's not going after the sperm donors anymore?

The childcare numbers also looked way out of whack to me - after school - how many hours would that be since the kid is probably in school from 8 - 2 M-F.  Wouldn't the mother's teller job be over at about 4 - 5 daily?  In that case, maybe another parent would want to care for the child for those few hours at most likely a much lower rate.

Paying $250 a month for a 2008 vehicle - that makes no sense.  Maybe it is from a buy here/pay here place at a very high interest rate. 

One has to always remember that you will always have a negative number if the money doesn't fit their expenses rather than trying to fit their expenses to their income.

I think Rep Porter acted unprofessional in this line of questioning and Mr. Diamon answered the only way he could in a professional manner.  There are many details that have to be evaluated in setting a reasonable budget to income and IMO, Rep Porter only gave the highlights with no details.  If she wanted to make it all about this person, then come loaded with details to take it apart.

I know this is off- topic but since you brought it up, thought I would add my 2 cents.

* * * * * * It’s Always Something - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I am quite captivated with Pete Buttigeig, and that’s got me examining my biases....for men. Why is he more interesting to me than Kamala  Harris, who was my initial favorite?

I thought my only real bias was against an older person. I love Biden but he’s too old.  

In the end, I will donate to and vote for the democratic nominee. But it is frustrating to be drawn back, yet again, to a white male. While I like Harris’ platform the best, Buttigeig seems to be more open to crossing the aisle. Not that that matters anymore. The Republicans never compromise. 

I dont think I am influenced to any significant extent by news coverage. But men sure are getting more coverage.

Im assuming you're retired - Millions of Americans are not & their only exposure to the Candidates themselves especially being challenged answering spontaneous questions as opposed to reading speeches or on Websites & Flyers created by professional policy wonks - is in the media

I used to work construction - the Truck Drivers had Conservative Radio on all day long every day

The Media Controls The Majority of the Narrative

Nowhere near retired. I understand the media is controlling the narrative. I am saying I’m smart enough to know that and not be influenced too much by that.

I'm just curious about how you research each candidate - you say you are "Capitivated by Buttigeig"

And maybe Harris would be your second choice

Have you met either of them in person?

Have You Asked them specific questions and been given a response?

I'm not trying to be difficult - I'm just trying to understand how people make their choices

ME - Well I am retired and I know what is important to me to have in a President

#1 Honesty

#2 A background that includes - going hungry or homeless at some point or at least experiencing the environment where it exists in person and trying to do something about it

#3 A Natural Distrust of anyone with a lot of money - a lot equals in the Top 10% in the USA

#4 A personal experience with someone who is dying either because they could not afford their Healthcare or they Volunteered to serve in the US Military in a War Zone

#5 A Demonstrated Committment to the Rule of Law

Freshman Rep. Katie Porter Took on CEO Jamie Dimon—and His $31Million $$ J P Morgan Salary in a House Hearing today

She came prepared - she had researched and sought out one of the lowest paid Employees at J P Morgan  - a Single Mom with a child making $16/hr

Porter went over the Womans Income & Expenses with Dimon - she was carrying a $550 negative balance - a $550 shortfall in Income every month -

Porter asked Dimon what he would give this woman for Financial Advice - Dimon Advises Billionaires on their Finances - he had No Advice - he told the Represetative he would have to think about it and get back to her

This is why we need to Rid the Congress of Incumbents - they have No Clue what Working Americans are dealing with - they have been making a minimum of $174,000 a year - it been Decades since they've ever had to worry about Food Shelter Healthcare Safety -

Katie Porter is a Single Mom - she drives a 2008 Mini-van - Katie Porter is a Freshman Representative in the US House - she knows what it's like living paycheck to paycheck

I wish she was running for President or Ocasio-Cortez - Ilhan Omar - Rashida Tlaib - Aryanna Pressley

I've been looking at Buttigeig - he's in 3rd place here in NH

Source - https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/2019/04/10/at-megabank-hearing-freshman-rep-katie-porter-take...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

@mickstuder wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

I am quite captivated with Pete Buttigeig, and that’s got me examining my biases....for men. Why is he more interesting to me than Kamala  Harris, who was my initial favorite?

I thought my only real bias was against an older person. I love Biden but he’s too old.  

In the end, I will donate to and vote for the democratic nominee. But it is frustrating to be drawn back, yet again, to a white male. While I like Harris’ platform the best, Buttigeig seems to be more open to crossing the aisle. Not that that matters anymore. The Republicans never compromise. 

I dont think I am influenced to any significant extent by news coverage. But men sure are getting more coverage.

Im assuming you're retired - Millions of Americans are not & their only exposure to the Candidates themselves especially being challenged answering spontaneous questions as opposed to reading speeches or on Websites & Flyers created by professional policy wonks - is in the media

I used to work construction - the Truck Drivers had Conservative Radio on all day long every day

Nowhere near retired. I understand the media is controlling the narrative. I am saying I’m smart enough to know that and not be influenced too much by that.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

@ManicProgressive wrote:

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14
democratic front runner polls

Google that and that will give you what you want.
Kudos
Views