From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
663
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

663 Views
Message 1 of 10

@gruffstuff wrote:

I would not characterize our military personal as the three stooges, that would be disrespectful and offensive.


I have no doubt the people who made these tragic mistakes are haunted by them, and that they will face discipline as the military and it's code of justice sees fit.

 

That's enough for me.

 

 


Let's not put words in my mouth nor change the tone of my post.

 

I didn't say that our military personnel are The Three Stooges, in fact, I believe as you do, and always thank them for their service. I do; however, believe that those that were in command of this particular operation purposely took actions that resulted in unnecessary civilian deaths, that they continued with these actions even though they had knowledge to the contrary, and even when contacted that a mistake was in progress, continued the actions for 20 more minutes.

 

Initially, this incident was not admitted to and only as additional details became public (not from the military, I might add), did the military FINALLY take responsibility. With that said, I doubt that anyone is being haunted by their mistake.

 

So, what the military does is not enough for me.

 

This was such chaos that I compared it to The Three Stooges; but, in reality, it was a criminal act. Those responsible should face at least 30 counts of manslaughter.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
663
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
672
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

672 Views
Message 2 of 10

The US military does an amazing job as keeping civilian casualties low but you know, no one bats 1000.

 

1% of the population has been fighting 100% of the Afgan war of us for the last fourteen years.

 

I would not characterize our military personal as the three stooges, that would be disrespectful and offensive.

 

Its enough to say war is brutal and stupid, that bad things happen when we fight them,  that we should be very careful about where we fight them, when we fight them and for what reason we fight them.

 

I have no doubt the people who made these tragic mistakes are haunted by them, and that they will face discipline as the military and it's code of justice sees fit.

 

That's enough for me.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
672
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
697
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

697 Views
Message 3 of 10

@MIseker wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Only the Three Stooges could have run the operation in Afghanistan that killed 30 staff, patients, and assistants while injuring 37 at a "Doctor Without Borders" hospital.


It was more like the chaos created when the Three Stooges are given a project to complete; except, sadly, people died because of their antics this time.

 

There should be firings and court martials up and down the line on this one.


Anti semitic post. Saying Jews screwed it up.


Good racist baiting but I am not taking the hook. I will stay on topic.

 

You were right in one thing; the actors playing The Three Stooges were Jewish but, in the end, they were just playing characters.

 

But The Stooges that were running this military operation in Afghanistan were all too real. They weren't playing characters; they were characters.

 

They should be charged with 30 counts of manslaughter.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
697
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
711
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

711 Views
Message 4 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

Only the Three Stooges could have run the operation in Afghanistan that killed 30 staff, patients, and assistants while injuring 37 at a "Doctor Without Borders" hospital.

 

First, the Stooges said there was an error in the aircraft mapping system. It supposedly took them to an empty field. Rather than scrub the mission because of this error, The Stooges were told to "find" a building that looked like the one they couldn't find (National Directorate of Security) and bomb it.

 

At this time Moe should have been slapping Larry and Shemp silly.

 

The Stooges did find a similar building and yes, it was the hospital. They misidentified it and continued to misidentify it throughout the bombing, even though there were contrary indicators. Contrary indicators like there was no hostile activity at the hospital; yet the attack continued. Contrary indicators like the hospital was on a "No-Strike" list; yet the attack continued. Contrary indicators like the doctors  at the hospital calling the U.S. Base and telling them of the error, yet the attack continued.

 

At this point, Moe should be poking the eyes out of Larry and Shemp.

 

So how does the military describe this fiasco. "These are examples of human and procedural errors."

 

What an understatement!!!

 

It was more like the chaos created when the Three Stooges are given a project to complete; except, sadly, people died because of their antics this time.

 

There should be firings and court martials up and down the line on this one.


Anti semitic post. Saying Jews screwed it up.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
711
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
725
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

725 Views
Message 5 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

According to a 2008 propaganda video released by the group, the purpose of ISIS is to serve as a “dagger in the American-Jewish plan for the region … The establishment of the Islamic State … is the gate through which the conquest of Jerusalem will be achieved and the filth of the Jewish thieves will be removed from the heart of the Islamic world.”

 

In my view - if we are going to fight we should never again attempt to tie every US Soldiers arms behind thier backs - we should always make sure we are doing everything to win and that includes killing innocents if the situation warrants it to get bad guys - this is not a Video Game - the only other option is to mind our own business and get out of the Middle East and let them all fight their own battles - for those without the stomach for it - watch Lassie reruns

What kind of recruiting video did you think ISIS, or for that matter, Hezbollah, PLO, MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, ASSAD'S FOLLOWERS, or IRAN would use. THey have all sworn the destruction of Israel.

 

As far as your thesis about how we fight wars; we have fought every war since WWII in the manner you describe. The military has not fought a war to win since WWII because the administrations from 1946 on have not allowed it.

 

That is why the Koreas are still split, Vietnam fell to the North Vietnamese, and Iraq is in a shambles.

 

Additionally, our nation building efforts, both overt and covert, is the reason Libya is ruled by many different tribal militias, Egypt's government changes regularly, and Iran's government likens us to the devil.

 

The problem with your argument is this: What is done, is done.

 

Our reputation in that area of the world would not change if we moved out, repudiated Israel, or gave more money to the various Islamic regimes in the area. Our reputation began its' erosion in the region when our oil companies literally stole from the Arabs in the area. Our people got rich, they stayed poor. The hate for us increased as the years went by.

 

It got worse as we carved up parts of the area and installed leaders such as The Shah of Iran.

 

There is just too much history to reverse our reputation in the area. Changes will only be made from a position of strength.


30,000................18 - 25 year olds being recruited by Daesh from over 100 different countries around the world - including the USA - every year ......................are not all History Majors...................I have seen many of the Daesh recruiting videos and not one has mentioned the Shah of Iran.........................you are correct - most of these radicals have a tremendous amount of hatred - but a majority of that hatred is fostered because of what is going on in the lives of these individuals right now today - they are poor and they have nothing to look forward to in the future that is going to change that and Daesh is able to nurture that Hatred into something pathelogical and  and then direct towards whomever they want................

 

People in the USA forget one very important fact about Daesh and what is going on in the Middle East - Daesh is not fighting Americans in the Middle East for territory - for resources - for ideology.................Daesh is fighting and killing other Arabs in the Middle East - Daesh is recruiting 30,000 radicals every year to fight other Arabs - the battlefield is not in Europe Paris or the USA - it's in Iraq and Syria and Lebanon and all over the African Continent - Arabs fighting with other Arabs................

 

The USA has once again convinced it's people that Daesh is fighting them - we are  not - we have injected ourselves into another quagmire and if we got out tomorrow - Arabs would still be fighting other Arabs and the image of America as the enemy would diminish

 

We can leave the Middle East without abandoning Israel - we didn't have 100.000 US Troops on the ground in the Middle East when Israel in the past has defended itself against Egypt - Jordan - Lebanon - Syria - Iran and we do not have to be there now

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
725
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
753
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

753 Views
Message 6 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:

According to a 2008 propaganda video released by the group, the purpose of ISIS is to serve as a “dagger in the American-Jewish plan for the region … The establishment of the Islamic State … is the gate through which the conquest of Jerusalem will be achieved and the filth of the Jewish thieves will be removed from the heart of the Islamic world.”

 

In my view - if we are going to fight we should never again attempt to tie every US Soldiers arms behind thier backs - we should always make sure we are doing everything to win and that includes killing innocents if the situation warrants it to get bad guys - this is not a Video Game - the only other option is to mind our own business and get out of the Middle East and let them all fight their own battles - for those without the stomach for it - watch Lassie reruns

What kind of recruiting video did you think ISIS, or for that matter, Hezbollah, PLO, MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD, ASSAD'S FOLLOWERS, or IRAN would use. THey have all sworn the destruction of Israel.

 

As far as your thesis about how we fight wars; we have fought every war since WWII in the manner you describe. The military has not fought a war to win since WWII because the administrations from 1946 on have not allowed it.

 

That is why the Koreas are still split, Vietnam fell to the North Vietnamese, and Iraq is in a shambles.

 

Additionally, our nation building efforts, both overt and covert, is the reason Libya is ruled by many different tribal militias, Egypt's government changes regularly, and Iran's government likens us to the devil.

 

The problem with your argument is this: What is done, is done.

 

Our reputation in that area of the world would not change if we moved out, repudiated Israel, or gave more money to the various Islamic regimes in the area. Our reputation began its' erosion in the region when our oil companies literally stole from the Arabs in the area. Our people got rich, they stayed poor. The hate for us increased as the years went by.

 

It got worse as we carved up parts of the area and installed leaders such as The Shah of Iran.

 

There is just too much history to reverse our reputation in the area. Changes will only be made from a position of strength.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
753
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
764
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

764 Views
Message 7 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:


What about all the Colllateral Damage that CNN has decided not to Hype.


The USA has a written set of policies that describes under what circumstances collateral damage is acceptable and it's basically a mathematical formula that measures - risk - reward - fall out..................

 

How about we take ourselves completely out of the Equation and in the process remove - The Biggest Recruiting Tool for Radical Islamists - The USA's invasion and occupation of the Middle East to protect Exxon-Mobil and Israel


First and foremost, this was not collateral damage. Not paying attention to the No Strike list, pulling another location out of the hat to bomb, and continuing the action, knowing full well that it was a wrong target would get you a manslaughter charge here in the United States, at a minimum.

 

While we may be protecting Exxon's interests in the Middle East, your continued thesis that we are protecting Israel was wrong before, is wrong now, and will be wrong no matter how many times you make the false statement.


It doesn't matter what you or I think about the issue of Israel - all that matters is whether ISIS followers and the people they recruit believes it.......................

 

According to a 2008 propaganda video released by the group, the purpose of ISIS is to serve as a “dagger in the American-Jewish plan for the region … The establishment of the Islamic State … is the gate through which the conquest of Jerusalem will be achieved and the filth of the Jewish thieves will be removed from the heart of the Islamic world.” The grander vision for ISIS in founding such an Islamic State is to enforce an extreme, puritanical interpretation of Islamic law under a religiously-ordained regime. ISIS has specifically rejected democracy as a deviant Western ideology and has insisted that, because America and its allies would never accept the existence of such an “Islamic State”, “no Muslim can wish for the state of Islam to be established other than on top of skulls, savagery, and pure blood.”

 

As far as - Collateral Damage - most reasonable people understand there is no such thing as a Surgical Strike - there is no way of knowing for sure if innocents will not be in the kill zone or inadvertently pass into it during the attack and there is no way to know for sure if the USA had eyes on a Premium High Value Target around in or near the Hospital and the decision was made to hit the target - this is war - hopefully we will never again become involved in a war where the US will engage half-*bleep*

 

In my view - if we are going to fight we should never again attempt to tie every US Soldiers arms behind thier backs - we should always make sure we are doing everything to win and that includes killing innocents if the situation warrants it to get bad guys - this is not a Video Game - the only other option is to mind our own business and get out of the Middle East and let them all fight their own battles - for those without the stomach for it - watch Lassie reruns

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
764
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
767
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

767 Views
Message 8 of 10

@mickstuder wrote:


What about all the Colllateral Damage that CNN has decided not to Hype.


The USA has a written set of policies that describes under what circumstances collateral damage is acceptable and it's basically a mathematical formula that measures - risk - reward - fall out..................

 

How about we take ourselves completely out of the Equation and in the process remove - The Biggest Recruiting Tool for Radical Islamists - The USA's invasion and occupation of the Middle East to protect Exxon-Mobil and Israel


First and foremost, this was not collateral damage. Not paying attention to the No Strike list, pulling another location out of the hat to bomb, and continuing the action, knowing full well that it was a wrong target would get you a manslaughter charge here in the United States, at a minimum.

 

While we may be protecting Exxon's interests in the Middle East, your continued thesis that we are protecting Israel was wrong before, is wrong now, and will be wrong no matter how many times you make the false statement.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
767
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
777
Views

Re: WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

777 Views
Message 9 of 10

@nctarheel wrote:

Only the Three Stooges could have run the operation in Afghanistan that killed 30 staff, patients, and assistants while injuring 37 at a "Doctor Without Borders" hospital.

 

First, the Stooges said there was an error in the aircraft mapping system. It supposedly took them to an empty field. Rather than scrub the mission because of this error, The Stooges were told to "find" a building that looked like the one they couldn't find (National Directorate of Security) and bomb it.

 

At this time Moe should have been slapping Larry and Shemp silly.

 

The Stooges did find a similar building and yes, it was the hospital. They misidentified it and continued to misidentify it throughout the bombing, even though there were contrary indicators. Contrary indicators like there was no hostile activity at the hospital; yet the attack continued. Contrary indicators like the hospital was on a "No-Strike" list; yet the attack continued. Contrary indicators like the doctors  at the hospital calling the U.S. Base and telling them of the error, yet the attack continued.

 

At this point, Moe should be poking the eyes out of Larry and Shemp.

 

So how does the military describe this fiasco. "These are examples of human and procedural errors."

 

What an understatement!!!

 

It was more like the chaos created when the Three Stooges are given a project to complete; except, sadly, people died because of their antics this time.

 

There should be firings and court martials up and down the line on this one.


What about all the Colllateral Damage that CNN has decided not to Hype...........or where the victims had no International Organization to help get the attention...................

 

Making big deal out of this incident - while tragic - fails to recognize the bigger picture...............

 

The USA has a written set of policies that describes under what circumstances collateral damage is acceptable and it's basically a mathematical formula that measures - risk - reward - fall out..................

 

How about we take ourselves completely out of the Equation and in the process remove - The Biggest Recruiting Tool for Radical Islamists - The USA's invasion and occupation of the Middle East to protect Exxon-Mobil and Israel

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
777
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
789
Views
9
Replies

WHO RAN U.S. BOMBING MISSION- LARRY, MOE AND SHEMP??

789 Views
Message 10 of 10

Only the Three Stooges could have run the operation in Afghanistan that killed 30 staff, patients, and assistants while injuring 37 at a "Doctor Without Borders" hospital.

 

First, the Stooges said there was an error in the aircraft mapping system. It supposedly took them to an empty field. Rather than scrub the mission because of this error, The Stooges were told to "find" a building that looked like the one they couldn't find (National Directorate of Security) and bomb it.

 

At this time Moe should have been slapping Larry and Shemp silly.

 

The Stooges did find a similar building and yes, it was the hospital. They misidentified it and continued to misidentify it throughout the bombing, even though there were contrary indicators. Contrary indicators like there was no hostile activity at the hospital; yet the attack continued. Contrary indicators like the hospital was on a "No-Strike" list; yet the attack continued. Contrary indicators like the doctors  at the hospital calling the U.S. Base and telling them of the error, yet the attack continued.

 

At this point, Moe should be poking the eyes out of Larry and Shemp.

 

So how does the military describe this fiasco. "These are examples of human and procedural errors."

 

What an understatement!!!

 

It was more like the chaos created when the Three Stooges are given a project to complete; except, sadly, people died because of their antics this time.

 

There should be firings and court martials up and down the line on this one.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
789
Views
9
Replies