Honored Social Butterfly

WHITE MEN DEFENDING TRUMP

Donald Trump violated his oath of office and sold out his country.
But in person, the difference is as much visual as it is ideological. One one side of the House chamber sit the Republicans, a sea of white, male faces and neutral-colored suits. On the other side is color – reflected both in the faces of the more racially and ethnically diverse Democratic Party and in the colorful dresses and suits of its female members. (USA TODAY) WASHINGTON, DC - OCTOBER 23: House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-LA) pauses while speaking during a press conference alongside House Republicans on Capitol Hill on October 23, 2019 in Washington, DC. The conference called for transparency regarding the impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump. (Photo by Alex Wroblewski/Getty Images)

Honored Social Butterfly

Every time the GOPerBots trot out their imaginary list of tRump accomplishments, I marvel at the fact not one of the Bots ever bothers to think what, EXACTLY did little Cadet Bonespurs acrtually DO to bring about the fantasy "accomplishment"?

Economic gains claimed by tRump are just a continuation of SEVENTY-FIVE straight months of increased economic activity, job gains and income growth begun under President Obama.

The draft-dodger has not added one inch to the fence already in place when he took office.

There is not one major infrastructure project begun by tRump.

The Federal Deficit has increased 300% on donny's watch.

The Trade Deficit with China HAS GROWN since donny's sanctions.

The number of farm bankruptcys is higher than any times since the Great Depression.

He got himself IMPEACHED for trying to extort a foreign leader to attack donny's political rivals.

His violations of the emoluments clause are too numerous to mention, and the properties that he sent millions of dollars in Government business are STILL going belly up.

All the employment figures look good because so many people have given up looking for work, and many seniors, students and disabled have had to go to work because donny cut the benefits they'd been promised.

And now the little twit is assassinating leaders of countries not at War with anybody but tRump's massive ego.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Every time the GOPerBots trot out their imaginary list of tRump accomplishments, I marvel at the fact not one of the Bots ever bothers to think what, EXACTLY did little Cadet Bonespurs acrtually DO to bring about the fantasy "accomplishment"?

Economic gains claimed by tRump are just a continuation of SEVENTY-FIVE straight months of increased economic activity, job gains and income growth begun under President Obama.

The draft-dodger has not added one inch to the fence already in place when he took office.

The number of farm bankruptcys is higher than any times since the Great Depression.

He got himself IMPEACHED for trying to extort a foreign leader to attack donny's political rivals.

His violations of the emoluments clause are too numerous to mention, and the properties that he sent millions of dollars in Government business are STILL going belly up.

All the employment figures look good because so many people have given up looking for work, and many seniors, students and disabled have had to go to work because donny cut the benefits they'd been promised.

And now the little twit is assassinating leaders of countries not at War with anybody but tRump's massive ego.

It's not imaginary and your hate is real. 

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

@Olderscout66 wrote:

He's delayed the demographic shift to a majority people of color by about five years.....I'm sure many are thrilled with that. 

Honored Social Butterfly

I know y'all like pictures.... worst.jpeg

Libs are nuttier than squirrel poop
Honored Social Butterfly

Interesting note, the first clearly racist President, Andrew Johnson, as well as the current racist President, were both impeached.  Funny how that is.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Honored Social Butterfly

The following is true only in the alternate reality of Trump World: 
"Most Americans will agree he has exceeded their expectations."

For most Americans, who inhabit the real world, Comrade Trump's been the biggest disaster of our lifetime.

Honored Social Butterfly

It's sad, really. It's not all white men, of course, but there is such a signicant proportion of them who don't seem capable of gracefully navigating the changing demographics of the nation. 

I just went through another round of hiring. Same thing, different day. All recent college grads for entry-level positions. The young white men think the college degree is enough. At least....that's all they bring to the table.  The men of color and women all have additional relevant work experience, additional specialized skill sets, and are almost always multilingual. 

Relatively speaking, it's always been easier for white men to get the jobs and get the higher pay. And that group of men standing around Trump are the ones who don't want to lose that advantage. They don't want to have to start working as hard as everyone else.

Honored Social Butterfly

Manic wrote-I just went through another round of hiring. Same thing, different day. All recent college grads for entry-level positions. The young white men think the college degree is enough. At least....that's all they bring to the table.  The men of color and women all have additional relevant work experience, additional specialized skill sets, and are almost always multilingual. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are definitely in the wrong profession with your obvious bias. My company hired college grads of all races. If they didn`t perform they didn`t last long .My college educated  white grandkids all work hard and are being rewarded accordingly

Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:

Manic wrote-I just went through another round of hiring. Same thing, different day. All recent college grads for entry-level positions. The young white men think the college degree is enough. At least....that's all they bring to the table.  The men of color and women all have additional relevant work experience, additional specialized skill sets, and are almost always multilingual. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are definitely in the wrong profession with your obvious bias. My company hired college grads of all races. If they didn`t perform they didn`t last long .My college educated  white grandkids all work hard and are being rewarded accordingly

Nobody said they aren't working hard. Just that people of color and women, as groups, have to work harder.

Bronze Conversationalist

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

Nobody said they aren't working hard. Just that people of color and women, as groups, have to work harder.

easyed598 is 100% correct. You have a clear racial bias towards white men. You should be ashamed of yourself. So according to you white men, straight on gay, poor or rich, no matter what background they come from, are in general more lazy than someone of color?

Please, educate yourself more. That is blantant racism.

“Trump masquerades as an angel of light, but he is the father of lies”
Honored Social Butterfly

@AristotleOfGreece wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

easyed598 is 100% correct. You have a clear racial bias towards white men. You should be ashamed of yourself. So according to you white men, straight on gay, poor or rich, no matter what background they come from, are in general more lazy than someone of color?

I'm much more educated than you are, and more importantly, I'm racially literate.  I never said anyone was lazy.  To the contrary.  So don't infer what's not there. 

This is about structural racism. Race is a social construct. It has no basis in physiology. Yet race predicts outcomes in all measures of wellbeing, from housing to education to income to wealth to health care.  Which means something larger than individual humans is at play --> structural racism.

If you understood that, you'd also understand I have no bias against white people. You'd understand my bias is against the structural racism that has been set up to provide advantages to white men at the expense of others. This is bigger than individuals or even groups. It's about the way we've structured our culture and our laws, from zoning to lending practices to health care to criminal justice. We've structured our society to give advantage to whites since John Punch in 1640. It's time to end that disparity, and instead set up an equitable culture where race no longer predicts outcome. Merit does.

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

Manic wrote-I just went through another round of hiring. Same thing, different day. All recent college grads for entry-level positions. The young white men think the college degree is enough. At least....that's all they bring to the table.  The men of color and women all have additional relevant work experience, additional specialized skill sets, and are almost always multilingual. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You are definitely in the wrong profession with your obvious bias. My company hired college grads of all races. If theydidnn`t perform theydidnn`t last long .My college educated  whitegrandkidss all work hard and are being rewarded accordingly

easyed5988 is 100% correct. You have a clear racial bias towards white men. You should be ashamed of yourself. So according to you white men, straight on gay, poor or rich, no matter what background they come from, are in general more lazy than someone of color?

Please, educate yourself more. That isblantantt racism.

I'm much more educated than you are, and more importantly, I'm racially literate.  I never said anyone was lazy.  To the contrary.  So don't infer what's not there. 

This is about structural racism. Race is a social construct. It has no basis in physiology. Yet race predicts outcomes in all measures ofwellbeingg, from housing to education to income to wealth to health care.  Which means something larger than individual humans is at play --> structural racism.

If you understood that, you'd also understand I have no bias against white people. You'd understand my bias is against the structural racism that has been set up to provide advantages to white men at the expense of others. This is bigger than individuals or even groups. It's about the way we've structured our culture and our laws, from zoning to lending practices to health care to criminal justice. We've structured our society to give advantage to whites since John Punch in 1640. It's time to end that disparity, and instead set up an equitable culture where race no longer predicts outcome. Merit does.

Right you are, Manic.

In addition, on a more simpler note, the righties that defend rump again, STILL don't understand the term "racism".  YOU CAN'T BE RACIST TOWARDS YOUR OWN RACE!!!

racist - a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

And, it was a far-right extremist zealot who claimed blacks were inferior, and needed employers to"bend over backwards to accommodate work skills of people of color. That has been my experience."  That sure seems to meet the definition of the term itself!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Bronze Conversationalist

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

This is about structural racism. Race is a social construct. It has no basis in physiology. Yet race predicts outcomes in all measures of wellbeing, from housing to education to income to wealth to health care.  Which means something larger than individual humans is at play --> structural racism.

You basically called white men racist. Do not deny a truth. I am simply revealing your truth. '

Notice; you claiming you are more educated than me. So you have to go with an Ad hominem attack to start against me.... classy.!

Honored Social Butterfly

You basically called white men racist. Do not deny a truth. I am simply revealing your truth. '

Notice; you claiming you are more educated than me. So you have to go with an Ad hominem attack to start against me.... classy.!

Truth is that many "WHITE MEN" are racists and many openly admit it. I have more respect for them than the racist ones that don't admit it. tRump placed quite a few self admitted racists and white supremacists into appointments.

People that use personal attacks shouldn't throw stones and accuse others of it.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Truth is that many "WHITE MEN" are racists and many openly admit it. I have more respect for them than the racist ones that don't admit it. tRump placed quite a few self admitted racists and white supremacists into appointments.

People that use personal attacks shouldn't throw stones and accuse others of it.

Thanks Chasky. Maybe they will listen to a white man since they won't listen to a white woman. 😉

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive 

Chas is correct, and we are listening!

I don't suppose that trump supporters saw trump's self serving speech/political rally today? Just a big group of white guys standing around him! None of them spoke, from what I saw. Why does he need that big entourage of white guys...

is trump that insecure? Probably!

Bronze Conversationalist

@williamb39198 wrote:

@ManicProgressive 

I don't suppose that trump supporters saw trump's self serving speech/political rally today? Just a big group of white guys standing around him! None of them spoke, from what I saw. Why does he need that big entourage of white guys...

It must be SAD looking through the world through the prisim of race. I don't look or evaluate people for the color of their skin but the content of their character!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@williamb39198 wrote:

@ManicProgressive 

It must be SAD looking through the world through the prisim of race. I don't look or evaluate people for the color of their skin but the content of their character!

What's YOUR explanation for racial disparities across all social and economic indicators, other than structural racism? Because you still haven't answered that. And if you agree it's structural racism, how in the world do you dismantle it without addressing race?  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

lol, you're funny. You tell me I should be ashamed of myself, like I'm your daughter or something, and tell me to educate myself. I was merely correcting you. 

Bronze Conversationalist

lol, you're funny. You tell me I should be ashamed of myself, like I'm your daughter or something, and tell me to educate myself. I was merely correcting you. 

lol. Look at your username. Manic:

relating to or affected by mania.
"the manic interludes in depression"
showing wild, apparently deranged, excitement and energy.

You are probably some white person that grew up with privilege! You attended college on mommy and daddy's dime and probably learned to be ashamed of your heritage and race. 

Did I get it right? Typical liberal progressive brainwashing.
Honored Social Butterfly

You are probably some white person that grew up with privilege! You attended college on mommy and daddy's dime and probably learned to be ashamed of your heritage and race. 

ROFLMAO !!!!    A right wing poster with "Moscow" as a user name making fun of a person's user name and then throwing lame insults and accusations at them.

This stuff just can't be made up !!!!!

Many white men defend tRump, most racists do, and so do many Russians.

Honored Social Butterfly

You are probably some white person that grew up with privilege! You attended college on mommy and daddy's dime and probably learned to be ashamed of your heritage and race. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Do does anyone not believe ,the person that would write this has a problem with white people?  Hope no one has to be interviewing for a job  with this person in the near future. (Don`t know if this was attributed to  Manic but wouldn`t be surprise.) BTW-I worked the whole time I went to college and my grandaughter worked as a waitress for 4 years while attending college.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@easyed598 wrote:
You are probably some white person that grew up with privilege! You attended college on mommy and daddy's dime and probably learned to be ashamed of your heritage and race. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Do does anyone not believe ,the person that would write this has a problem with white people?  Hope no one has to be interviewing for a job  with this person in the near future. (Don`t know if this was attributed to  Manic but wouldn`t be surprise.) BTW-I worked the whole time I went to college and my grandaughter worked as a waitress for 4 years while attending college.

That's funny easyed !  You do know that you quoted Moscow, don't you? Moscow is the one that posted:         "You are probably some white person that grew up with privilege! You attended college on mommy and daddy's dime and probably learned to be ashamed of your heritage and race".

Honored Social Butterfly

Chasky wrote-That's funny easyed !  You do know that you quoted Moscow, don't you? Moscow is the one that posted:         "You are probably some white person that grew up with privilege! You attended college on mommy and daddy's dime and probably learned to be ashamed of your heritage and race".------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------If so-That is the same impression I got from Manic `s post. Moscow is right.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am always amused when people try to insult others, based on zero knowledge. You have such a huge risk of being wrong (which you are), and it always makes you look foolish. And a little bit triggered, quite honestly.  Do you have anything substantive to add on why racial disparities exist and how to eliminate them? 

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Why are many right wingers so grandiose ? False pride?

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive 

Very nicely said. Thank you!

Honored Social Butterfly

Racial bias towards white men, no...

just an honest observation...racist white men have been the problem, not the solution...and that includes trump!

Honored Social Butterfly

@ManicProgressive wrote:

@easyed598 wrote:

There was a great episode of All in The Family where Archie had been made a supervisor, and kept his white buddy who had gotten by for decades by being a clown to entertain the crew and let go a hardworking black guy when the suits sent down staff reduction orders. Then Archie's group couldn't make their quotas, and he had to eat some crow and reverse his decission.

Now the trumpettes are seeing what happens when you pick based on race or gender instead of compentence. Sorry for all those small farmers who are getting jobs in town because their nincompoop's trade war cost them their farm, but hey, you knew he was a snake before you let him in.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png