Do you or your loved ones suspect a scam? Report it now to the AARP Fraud Watch Network.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT IS CHRISTIANITY COMING TO?????????

Message 21 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

The political world and the religious world cross paths constantly so my question is valid.

Article VI, Section 3 of the Constitution says:

"....The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

And no, he is not my Senator, he is not representing my state.  Perhaps you should study the Constitution better?

Have a good day...

I didn't say there was a qualifier for office; I said that religion and politics cross paths constantly.

Don't you remember your multiple posts about THE JEWISH LOBBY influencing so many in our LEGISLATIVE BODY that ISRAEL gets way more money than it deserves. I believe that was a theme of many of your posts.

...........oh, wait a second.........

That has to do with JEWS; not CHRISTIANS.

I guess, when it comes to the Congress, influence from JEWS must be different than influence from CHRISTIANS.... my bad.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 53

@nctarheel wrote:

The political world and the religious world cross paths constantly so my question is valid.

Article VI, Section 3 of the Constitution says:

"....The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

And no, he is not my Senator, he is not representing my state.  Perhaps you should study the Constitution better?

Have a good day...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 53

TxGrandpa2 wrote:

myexper wrote:

...... note the words of Jesus:

Luke 17:2
"It would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."

He was referring to religious faith. 

He was referring to the person who is the cause of sin to others.

Besides you are judging an individual therefore violating another instruction.

Nope ..... Just stating facts.

Again, not interested in Moore since that is up to the voters of his state.

Yet your replies clearly indicate otherwise  ..... insinuating defense of Moore.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Christians are commanded to abhor the conduct but not the person. 

Does that mean that you agree that Roy Moore should be seated as a Senator?

That has nothing to do with the title of this tread, nor with being a Christian but is in the rhelm of the political world.  Further, he would not be my Senator since our Senators are already in office.

The Senate, as a Federal Legislative Body, belongs to all citizens in the country. Evading the question by saying he is not YOUR SENATOR is merely a diversion.

The seating of Roy Moore most certainly DOES have a connection to the title of the thread as CHRISTIAN Groups have endorsed his seating in the Senate knowing that there is a preponderance of evidence pointing to this man as being a sexual predator of young girls. That is actually part of the thesis of the thread.

If you like me to add Roy Moore's name to the title to satisfy you, I will.

Are you in favor of seating Roy Moore?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 53

The so-called Evangelical(sic) Right are closet Nazis who use God to browbeat their followers into mindless submission. The rank and file still love predators and perverts like Jim Bakker and Jimmy Swaggert and the Obergruppenfuhrers still act like them. Some even say the sexual assault of a 14-year-old girl is okay by Jesus because He only condemned those who interfere with the religious instruction of children, not the ones who do children deep and abiding psychological harm.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 53

@Richva wrote:

I am hearing crickets from the Christian Evangelicals. It is like a repeat of the GOP members of the Senate defense of Trump.  <Silence>  <Silence>  <Silence>  <Silence>  

I'm hearing hypocritical comments of those who are judging someone and mixing religion with politics.

If you are a voter from his state then why was he elected.  Is there now a religious test for public office in violation of the Constitution?  When was he convicted of these alleged crimes?

Have fun with your Harper Valley PTA judging, I now have better things to do.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 53

@myexper wrote:

...... note the words of Jesus:

"It would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea than to cause one of these little ones to stumble."

He was referring to religious faith.  Besides you are judging an individual therefore violating another instruction.

Again, not interested in Moore since that is up to the voters of his state.

Have a nice day, unless you want to help me with laying floor tile here.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 53

I am hearing crickets from the Christian Evangelicals. It is like a repeat of the GOP members of the Senate defense of Trump.  <Silence>  <Silence>  <Silence>  <Silence>  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 53

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Are you then saying that the Evangelical Christians SHOULD ENDORSE a womanizer, pedophile, and smuggler just because Jesus "associated" with the "unjust"?

Did I say that?  I don't know what is meant by 'evangelical' Christian, but according to the scriptures of the New Testament,  Christians are commanded to abhor the conduct but not the person.  Of course this is difficult for a person who is not a Christian to understand.

........ Nor for a person who interprets the Bible for their own agenda.

As far as the actions of Moore relative to teenage girls ...... note the words of Jesus:

A huge contrast to what you'd like to believe Tex!

Roy Moore's actions in Gadsden were the actions of a Hebophile/Ephebophile rather than the actions of a true classic pedophile that prefers pre-pubescent minor children.

It is nevertheless sexual predation of an adult upon a minor child who as yet does not possess sufficient experience and knowledge of how the world works and what is appropriate and inappropriate.

Did Roy Moores actions - as detailed by those who came forward because they were the object of his predatory and unwelcome attentions - give the appearance of being actions that might cause any "one of the little ones to stumble"?

Can it be unequivocally and irrefutably proved that Roy Moore's actions did not have a long term deleterious effect upon the lives of those girls that continued to have a deleterious effect upon a significant (to them) aspect of their adult lives?

They didn't come forward because they remember him fondly as a "good guy who never expressed anything but beneficent intent toward them".

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 53

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

Classic evasion of the question!

I didn't join this thread to discuss politics nor the merits of an individual elected by the voters of another state.  The subject is "What is Christianity Coming To?" and that is the topic. If it was about politics or a certain individual then the subject should have said so.

The "subject  DID say so" Tex .......

Note these words in the topic's narrative:

"You've got EVANGELICAL CHRISTIANS endorsing a political figure that has clearly been involved as a sexual predator of female minors."

As such, the question posed to you is on topic. So please answer the question instead of evading it.

DUMP TRUMP AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views