Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT IF IT HAD BEEN YOUR WIFE?

Message 1 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

If your wife claimed that Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in the past would you support her in coming forward now? (that is a simple yes or no question)

An alternate answer could be, "Nope - Not gonna happen.

Not unless and until you can prove that you possess sufficient authority to make that request into a mandatory order..."

What would you think of that?

I would" think" that you didn't trust your wife at all to not believe her word to you on such a matter.

....and your thoughts on the green words saying in effect that you are not allowed to ask such questions?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@rk9152

FINALLY an answer.

It was about wives, not husbands. !! Smiley Happy

Her husband was not the one who was claiming to have been assaulted, so it had to be about a wife. !!

Are husbands not people too? Do wives not support their husbands just as husbands support their wives?

So, what if it were YOUR husband undergoing this partisan assassination, would you support him?

It is not a "partisan assassination".  It is purely partisan of you to assume such.

To clarify, do you not think that the Dems are trying to delay the confirmation until after the elections?

Do you not think that under the circumstances it should be delayed?

Answering a question with a question is a bit lame. But, sure, until the FBI clarifies things next week - not until the next election.

And your thoughts on the delay?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@LydiaN586309

I'm a little surprised a couple of more more men didn't voice their thoughts on this thread, even if a negative one.
Guess they can't think of WHAT IF.

Honestly, if it were my wife, I would support her in whatever she decided to do and would be extremely proud of her if she came forward. I would also have a strong underlying urge to somehow bring about justice myself.

I can understand supporting one's wife. But is truth anywhere in your bringing about your definition of justice? For example, does stopping the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh count as "justice" regardless of the means to bring it about?

You twist the meaning of my words, to no surprise. My "strong underlying urge to bring about justice" would be to personally confront the person she accused ........... and nothing more. If she decided to go public with it I would support her, regardless of who she accused.

If your wife claimed that Kavanaugh had sexually assaulted her in the past would you support her in coming forward now? (that is a simple yes or no question)

I would support her decision. There is the answer for those only able to handle simple answers.

Now, for those able to think more deeply - I would also support her in making that decision. If, as in this case, she wasn't sure when or where the party was, if she thought there were four people involved and the other three had no idea what she was talking about, if she said she didn't know about the offer to meet in CA, if she remembers a polygraph but has no idea who arranged for it - I believe I would suggest she not allow herself to be used as a tool of the Democratic Party who is merely playing a partisan game.

Too bad you you think that putting all of those qualifications on supporting your wife in her making a claim and deciding what to do is actually "supporting" her.

That would be real support in that it would protect her from becoming a a partisan tool of the Dems if there was no way to prove her claim.

And if your wife accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault would you still see him as  "a fine person"?

And who are you talking about now - did Ford's husband call Kavanaugh "a fine man"?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 69

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Not unless and until you can prove that you possess sufficient authority to make that request into a mandatory order..."

I would" think" that you didn't trust your wife at all to not believe her word to you on such a matter.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 69

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@rk9152

FINALLY an answer.

Her husband was not the one who was claiming to have been assaulted, so it had to be about a wife. !!

Are husbands not people too? Do wives not support their husbands just as husbands support their wives?

So, what if it were YOUR husband undergoing this partisan assassination, would you support him?

It is not a "partisan assassination".  It is purely partisan of you to assume such.

To clarify, do you not think that the Dems are trying to delay the confirmation until after the elections?

Do you not think that under the circumstances it should be delayed?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 69

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@LydiaN586309

I'm a little surprised a couple of more more men didn't voice their thoughts on this thread, even if a negative one.

Honestly, if it were my wife, I would support her in whatever she decided to do and would be extremely proud of her if she came forward. I would also have a strong underlying urge to somehow bring about justice myself.

I can understand supporting one's wife. But is truth anywhere in your bringing about your definition of justice? For example, does stopping the confirmation of Judge Kavanaugh count as "justice" regardless of the means to bring it about?

You twist the meaning of my words, to no surprise. My "strong underlying urge to bring about justice" would be to personally confront the person she accused ........... and nothing more. If she decided to go public with it I would support her, regardless of who she accused.

I would support her decision. There is the answer for those only able to handle simple answers.

Now, for those able to think more deeply - I would also support her in making that decision. If, as in this case, she wasn't sure when or where the party was, if she thought there were four people involved and the other three had no idea what she was talking about, if she said she didn't know about the offer to meet in CA, if she remembers a polygraph but has no idea who arranged for it - I believe I would suggest she not allow herself to be used as a tool of the Democratic Party who is merely playing a partisan game.

Too bad you you think that putting all of those qualifications on supporting your wife in her making a claim and deciding what to do is actually "supporting" her.

And if your wife accused Kavanaugh of sexual assault would you still see him as  "a fine person"?

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@rk9152

FINALLY an answer.

It is not a "partisan assassination.  It is purely partisan of you to assume such.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 69

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@LydiaN586309

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 69

@rk9152 wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:
@rk9152

FINALLY an answer.

It is not a "partisan assassination.  It is purely partisan of you to assume such.

Democrats in 2020
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors