Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN, REALLY?

Message 81 of 112

@Epster wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Would Jesus favor your policies on the seperating children from their parents? Would Jesus want the earth left barren for the greed of a few knowing generations need to live on it for centuries to come?

@creppelrm........Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to ask these questions directly to Jesus?

Nope!  He's not posting here.

So who, exactly, do you think is qualified to speak for Him?  True Christians would know more than most, don'tcha think?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 112

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Sorry you've confused yourself, Tex.  This topic isn't about me.  I'm asking what it means to be a Christian.  Is the info within the link accurate?  I'm asking for Christians to respond accordinly.  Thanks!

Yes, the topic is about you since you started it. The question applies since you are the one that is continually using it by questioning others.  There is a ready reference if you are interested in being a Christian.  It is called the New Testament and is the official guideline directly from God through the Apostles.

Being a Christian is a personal relationship with God, through Jesus and his word.  We all have our own feelings about being a Christian, and why we are.  Just because one is a Christian doesn't mean laying on the floor and allowing others to walk all over them, but like Jesus when he threw the moneychangers out of the temple, or the Early Christians willing to go to their death because of it.

Thinking different from that seems to be the attitude of many here.

What being a Christian can be summed up in the words of the Apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 1:12:  "For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.
."

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 112

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
Would Jesus favor your policies on the seperating children from their parents? Would Jesus want the earth left barren for the greed of a few knowing generations need to live on it for centuries to come?

@creppelrm........Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to ask these questions directly to Jesus?

Nope!  He's not posting here.

So who, exactly, do you think is qualified to speak for Him? 

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 112

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Though clearly, I don't believe that's what it REALLY means to be a Christian.

Excellent: you already have a plan in place for when you become God. ...  Maybe consider writing up a white paper for God (the current one) about what you believe it REALLY means to be a Christian. That oughta help smooth over the transition. Just an idea. Smiley Happy

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 112

@rker321  Good for you. Smiley Happy

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 112

@rker321 wrote:

It has touched me already.  I recall those true refugees in Vietnam.  Those that were pouring into Danang after the offensive from the North.   On foot, water buffalo, and any form of transportation.  Those children with legs, arms, etc blown off, bravely  going as bes they could.  That is only part of it.

That is the guidelines I look at these 'refugees'.  Look at the mother of the current poster child that is pictured on Time magazine.  A good family, father employed at a good job, yet she left home with the child at 6 AM to claim asylum here....FROM WHAT?  She even spent $5,000 dollars for a coyote.  Wouldn't that have been better spent on her children?

And yes, the majority of those Vietnamese children never had it better in some way.  In other ways, not so.  Some like our daughter in law were from an upper class family; some found opportunity here that they never had in Vietnam. Some were outright lower class who were fortunate to find a way out.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 112

@jimc91 wrote:

It means I am a sinner and have confessed it.  It means I am not perfect by above all it means, I have asked for and received forgiveness.  With that comes the gift of eternal life.  I did not earn it or deserve it but by the grace of God, I have it!

Thanks, Jim.  Do you think the link is accurate?  I suspect it may be somewhat redundant to you, but I'd appreciate your take. Thanks again.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Interesting to see the defensive responses....especially from those who consider themselves Christian. The topic contains a link to a subject matter expert....it appears only one took the time to read.  Sadly, several chose to attack the poster instead of participating in a constructive dialouge.  Though clearly, I don't believe that's what it REALLY means to be a Christian.

Have you been considering YOUR actions as representing being a Christian rather than critcizing others about theirs?  And does one have to consult an expert as to being a Christian since it is presented in the scriptures for anyone to read from the source of the faith?

Sorry you've confused yourself, Tex.  This topic isn't about me.  I'm asking what it means to be a Christian.  Is the info within the link accurate?  I'm asking for Christians to respond accordinly.  Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 112

@Soosie wrote:
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN, REALLY?

@cent............I will ask what is your need to know? Sounds like baiting to me.

It's only "baiting" to those who can't answer the very simple question honestly.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 112

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

Interesting to see the defensive responses....especially from those who consider themselves Christian. The topic contains a link to a subject matter expert....it appears only one took the time to read.  Sadly, several chose to attack the poster instead of participating in a constructive dialouge.  Though clearly, I don't believe that's what it REALLY means to be a Christian.

Have you been considering YOUR actions as representing being a Christian rather than critcizing others about theirs?  And does one have to consult an expert as to being a Christian since it is presented in the scriptures for anyone to read from the source of the faith?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors