Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN, REALLY?

Message 91 of 112

@Epster wrote:

@rker321: Gandhi said, an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. Stated another way, judge not that ye be not judged.

Mahatma Gandhi promoted non-violence, justice and harmony between people of all faiths. Some might suggest that's also a "Christian like as well.  But you knew that already, correct? 

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 112

It means I am a sinner and have confessed it.  It means I am not perfect by above all it means, I have asked for and received forgiveness.  With that comes the gift of eternal life.  I did not earn it or deserve it but by the grace of God, I have it!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 112

@Soosie wrote:
Would Jesus favor your policies on the seperating children from their parents? Would Jesus want the earth left barren for the greed of a few knowing generations need to live on it for centuries to come?

@creppelrm........Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to ask these questions directly to Jesus?

Nope!  He's not posting here.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

No one has to memorize the Bible but knowing enough about what it says.  But are you to dictate what others approve of?  Apparently you want others to have the same opinion as you.  Then you attempt to link secular politics with religion.  That is not what the early Christians did, they followed Christ and was put to death because of it.

As far as my secular political opinions, they are in line with following the laws and not based on emotionalism.

I can just see Americans reacting when the Viesnames came over with their families and their children to the US and requested asylum.  I can just see now the amount of negative comments and the statement that these children never had it better, And those children never suffered the separation that now you seem to think is ok.and the ugly reasons that you have posted.
Obey laws that are laws that protect the citizens of this country, If I had obeyed what FidelCastro wanted me to obey, I wouldn't be here. and just ask others and you will get the same answer. Careful with what you say. You are getting near the point that some of this may touch you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 112
Would Jesus favor your policies on the seperating children from their parents? Would Jesus want the earth left barren for the greed of a few knowing generations need to live on it for centuries to come?

@creppelrm........Wouldn't it be more appropriate for you to ask these questions directly to Jesus?
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 112

@rker321 wrote:

I don't have to memorize the Bible to be ignorant of the Bible.  So yes, it offends me when people quote the bible and  and approve of obviously depraved behaviours.

If those cages and places were made of gold. they would never be subtitute for the arms or a mother.

Yes the Trump Followers are followint a  false prophet

If they are not Christian in their actions then yes they are not Christians.

No one has to memorize the Bible but knowing enough about what it says.  But are you to dictate what others approve of?  Apparently you want others to have the same opinion as you.  Then you attempt to link secular politics with religion.  That is not what the early Christians did, they followed Christ and was put to death because of it.

As far as my secular political opinions, they are in line with following the laws and not based on emotionalism.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 112

Interesting to see the defensive responses....especially from those who consider themselves Christian. The topic contains a link to a subject matter expert....it appears only one took the time to read.  Sadly, several chose to attack the poster instead of participating in a constructive dialouge.  Though clearly, I don't believe that's what it REALLY means to be a Christian.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 112

@Epster wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@rker321: Gandhi said, an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. Stated another way, judge not that ye be not judged. You knew that, correct? Smiley Happy 

There are many things that I can be judged in my life, I am not perfect. but when it comes to children, I am sorry, but I will fight for them and do whatever I have to do to avoid seeing a child either sick or abused by anyone.

@rker321 Comes a time to put words into action. Perhaps a better, more effective method of showing your character/ideals/value system would be to travel to the detention centers with truck loads of donated goods to improve their lives while they await legal processing, or to work to reunite these children with their true parents. I cannot see how posting here complaining about your understanding of the values of others helps the children you apparently so desperately wish to help.

Consider this: many of these children are being abused by the non-parents that brought them across the border illegally. Others are being abused by the news media that posts lying distorted stories about them. 

Time to put your resources to greater use, yes? Do send us reports from the detention centers. I'm sure we will all applaud your good works.

Oh  but I am. I am doing what is feasible for a woman my age. I am donating a lot of money to many foundations that are helping these children. I am helping in other States by being in touch with organization that are helping these children. Yes, I cannot travel as you are suggesting, sorry, physically I cannot I hope you forgive my infirmity.
But yes I am doing whatever I can. to help

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 112

@rker321 wrote:

@Epster wrote:

@rker321: Gandhi said, an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind. Stated another way, judge not that ye be not judged. You knew that, correct? Smiley Happy 

There are many things that I can be judged in my life, I am not perfect. but when it comes to children, I am sorry, but I will fight for them and do whatever I have to do to avoid seeing a child either sick or abused by anyone.

@rker321 Comes a time to put words into action. Perhaps a better, more effective method of showing your character/ideals/value system would be to travel to the detention centers with truck loads of donated goods to improve their lives while they await legal processing, or to work to reunite these children with their true parents. I cannot see how posting here complaining about your understanding of the values of others helps the children you apparently so desperately wish to help.

Consider this: many of these children are being abused by the non-parents that brought them across the border illegally. Others are being abused by the news media that posts lying distorted stories about them. 

Time to put your resources to greater use, yes? Do send us reports from the detention centers. I'm sure we will all applaud your good works.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

First, you once posted that you have never studied the Bible but is content for someone to explain it to you.  So what do you know, for yourself, about what it says?  How can it offend you if you haven't studied it for yourself? I don't have to memorize the Bible to be ignorant of the Bible.  So yes, it offends me when people quote the bible and  and approve of obviously depraved behaviours.

And yes, I don't believe that it is healthy for children to be confined in detention cells with possible criminal elements.  They are adequately taken care of better than being with their parents in a detention center.  Have you the same pity for the children of criminal parents who are sent to prison? If those cages and places were made of gold. they would never be subtitute for the arms or a mother.

I would believe that being a Christian would mean not following false 'prophets' as warned by the New Testament scriptures.  There has been many comments accusing others of someone's 'Christian values' when theirs doesn't exactly measure up.  This thread could be an example. Yes the Trump Followers are followint a  false prophet

Has the posts of those who are bringing this up been exactly Christian like as they use against others?  In view of their posts over the years, it appears more hypocritical than anything. If they are not Christian in their actions then yes they are not Christians.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors