Medicare open enrollment begins Tuesday! Visit the AARP Medicare Resource Center for the information you need to make your best choices.

Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN, REALLY?

Message 1 of 112

Thank you for your participation. This thread is now closed. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

:

Don't ask a trump supporter - that would be like asking someone with the political and moral equivalent of tertiary syphillis.

What does your personal boasting have to do with politics?  Or with Trump?  Or the topic?

A post with content that has got things all mixed up - looks like I'll have to correct the errors in the content once again...   

The moral and political symtoms of delusion seen in the content of some posts of some trump supporters (support of trump is un-Christian) can be considered comparable to the nervous system symptoms of delusion observed in patients with tertiary syphilis.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 112

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

A big problem that I am seeing in our country today, that being a Christian and calling yourself one. Is actually a way of hiding the lower instincts of the individual as if by saying that they are Christians that shields them or anything that they want to do.
Being a Christian is a manner  on how you conduct your life. just quoting the Bible or going to church  doesn't make you a Christian, Your actions are the ones that make you a Christian.
So, please  stop trying to shield your lower instincts and really start acting like a Christian.

Are you a Christian Catholic or are you a Catholic?  Why are you judging people and where did you get the mandate to do so?  Just curious...

My religion is Catholic and i am also a Christian. I live by what my Christian religion tells me is moral. and as far as getting the mandate, I guess you may say that. When I see the name Christianity being bandied about by people that calling themselves Christians is actually a sacrilege.    Calling yourself a Crhistian carries the responsibilty to act like one. just naming yourself as one doesn't make it so.

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then act like one, I believe those were your exact words, were they not?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 112

@alferdpacker wrote:

:

Don't ask a trump supporter - that would be like asking someone with the political and moral equivalent of tertiary syphillis.

What does your personal boasting have to do with politics?  Or with Trump?  Or the topic?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

But what does that have to do with the topic.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 112

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

A big problem that I am seeing in our country today, that being a Christian and calling yourself one. Is actually a way of hiding the lower instincts of the individual as if by saying that they are Christians that shields them or anything that they want to do.
Being a Christian is a manner  on how you conduct your life. just quoting the Bible or going to church  doesn't make you a Christian, Your actions are the ones that make you a Christian.
So, please  stop trying to shield your lower instincts and really start acting like a Christian.

Are you a Christian Catholic or are you a Catholic?  Why are you judging people and where did you get the mandate to do so?  Just curious...

My religion is Catholic and i am also a Christian. I live by what my Christian religion tells me is moral. and as far as getting the mandate, I guess you may say that. When I see the name Christianity being bandied about by people that calling themselves Christians is actually a sacrilege.    Calling yourself a Crhistian carries the responsibilty to act like one. just naming yourself as one doesn't make it so.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 112

@rker321 wrote:

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 112

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 112

@alferdpacker wrote:

Loads of time over 40 years to do all those things and still have loads of time left over to live a rich and rewarding life...

Careful or some will complain about your posting about yourself.  FYI, I retired from the military exactly forty years to the month and moved here, been involved in the area, etc., so what's new? 

But what does that have to do with the topic.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 112

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Tx if you are   such a follower of the Bible and Chrisitaniy how come you find it OK to have those children being separated from their parents/ You seem to be a Christian when is convenient to whatever you are saying or afguing at the time. Frankly it really offends me when you quote the Bible. and then try to say that you are a Crhsitian.

First, you once posted that you have never studied the Bible but is content for someone to explain it to you.  So what do you know, for yourself, about what it says?  How can it offend you if you haven't studied it for yourself?

And yes, I don't believe that it is healthy for children to be confined in detention cells with possible criminal elements.  They are adequately taken care of better than being with their parents in a detention center.  Have you the same pity for the children of criminal parents who are sent to prison?

I would believe that being a Christian would mean not following false 'prophets' as warned by the New Testament scriptures.  There has been many comments accusing others of someone's 'Christian values' when theirs doesn't exactly measure up.  This thread could be an example.

Has the posts of those who are bringing this up been exactly Christian like as they use against others?  In view of their posts over the years, it appears more hypocritical than anything.

From your answer I would say you fall short.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors