Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 71 of 93

WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

American President don't salute their own generals, but Trump salutes a general of North Korea.

https://taskandpurpose.com/sorry-presidential-salute-isnt-real-thing/

Sorry, The Presidential Salute Isn’t A Real Thing

For the first 192 years of our republic, commanders in chief did not salute military personnel

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:

I believe this happen on the battleship Missouri when Japan surrender to the United States. I`ll have to dig this photo out that my father brought back who was on board the ship when it happen.

You are correct. There are all kinds of examples of this practice over the years. Many times during our own Civil War.

I'd rather believe the words from those who've served than one or more, who the closest they've come to anything military, being a Friday night in the game room, sipping a Starbucks, playing a "first person shooter" on Play Station.

I'm very ignorant of so much in this life, but like to think I'm smart enough  (in most cases) not to advertise my ignorance.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 93

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

And here I thought we were going to hear about Monica Lowinski's dress again.

Dang-Wish I'd thought of that!😂

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 93

@fangoh45 wrote:

You best tread softly with this. Anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time has read the numerous  posts/replies by Tx, relating to the military. His knowledge of all things military, not derived from textbooks, but his experiences themselves.  Only one who has proudly served under combat conditions would have such specific and detailed insight . 

Interesting that you see fit to issue an OFF TOPIC WARNING regarding another poster. Your analysis that "only one that served under combat conditions would have such specific and detailed insight" means that YOU too must have served so that you could recognize the "specific and detailed insight"... but that is certainly not the case, is it.

There have been plenty of people on this earth that are not what they seem.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

And it was Trump's perogative to return the salute or simply shake the General's extended hand. 

And since he saluted the general that carried out murders, imprisonments, and other atrocities for Kim Jong Un, he was saluting those terrible actions. Having saluted a sworn enemy, his salute was then used as evidence by North Korean State Media that a North Korean  general  has power over a U.S. president.

Trump is a DIPLOMATIC DUNCE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

None the less, the picture of Trump saluting is being used as propaganda in North Korea relating to how the summit ended. They are propagandizing the salute as Trump not being on equal footing with Kim Jong Un but of a lower stature.

Certainly and why not?  trump is of a "lower stature".

Can YOU furnish proof of what Tarheel is posting?  Why wasn't Madam Secretary successful in establishing a dialogue with KIm? 

Well, unlike Trump, "Madam Secretary" refused to cower down to the demands of a a brutal dictator and praise the dictator's rise to power by butchering his own people!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

None the less, the picture of Trump saluting is being used as propaganda in North Korea relating to how the summit ended. They are propagandizing the salute as Trump not being on equal footing with Kim Jong Un but of a lower stature.

Certainly and why not?  trump is of a "lower stature".

Can YOU furnish proof of what Tarheel is posting?  Why wasn't Madam Secretary successful in establishing a dialogue with KIm? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

And I may ask where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies yourself; as people on discussion boards, like these, don't always represent themselves as what they really are. How do I know what military customs and courtesy knowledge you have except for what you say you have????

I'm aware of that by your posts.   And can you disprove my post?  If I am not what I say, then how would I have been in Vietnam?  You started to claim having military connections, but when asked backed down.  I haven't backed down and have demonstrated knowledge that only someone with background would know.  I've noted some of your attempts which was laughable.

And can you show where North Korea is using this as a propaganda tool, or is it instead a propaganda tool on the part of liberals against the President?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

He was following protocol in returning a salute from the North Korean general.

"In the military, returning a salute from a military officer of a friendly foreign nation is common practice for US military officers and considered a display of military professionalism. There is no rule that a US president is obliged to return a salute, which is considered a sign of mutual respect."

So where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies? 

And I may ask where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies yourself; as people on discussion boards, like these, don't always represent themselves as what they really are. How do I know what military customs and courtesy knowledge you have except for what you say you have????

You best tread softly with this. Anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time has read the numerous  posts/replies by Tx, relating to the military. His knowledge of all things military, not derived from textbooks, but his experiences themselves.  Only one who has proudly served under combat conditions would have such specific and detailed insight . 

He could not be more correct about the protocol for saluting. Check it out with someone who has served proudly- not someone who derives their knowledge from CNN or MSNBC.

I know all of you on the left prefer a president who bows so low as to cause a hickey on his forehead, but we no longer have a **bleep** president who relishes in that role.

Gee-I'm glad we have a president who's  making America Great Again!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 93

@MIseker wrote:

So where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies?                                                                         no civilian is supposed to salute the military because civilians are superior to the military. The military answers to the civilians alone there are no Generals in charge of the defense department on the cabinet and the president is not a general they are all civilians and the military and starts to them. Any president in the past who has saluted to any general or military member has been wrong

Perhaps I should ask about your awareness of miltary customs and courtesies?  Did you learn the protocol when you were in the military?  I believe you have said that you never served.

I first learned the protocols when I entered Air Force Basic back in 1955.  And the President (or Trump) in his role as Commander-in-Chief is over the Defense Department and the military Generals. 

And it was Trump's perogative to return the salute or simply shake the General's extended hand.  And the General was acknowledging Trump's position as the President of the United States.  Something many here can't bring themselves to do in spite of being elected constitutionally.

BTW, why did Obama, Clinton, etc return the salute from our military personnel if he is as you claim?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors