Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 21 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Anyone has a right to their opinion about trump's salute being correct whether they have ever been in the military or not.

Opinions are just that, an opinion.  Protocol is established protocol.  And there is the thing about someone wanting to be argumentative. 

It has really ran its course and shouldn't be missed if it was closed.

Have a nice day

What trump did is not protocol. And yes, there is a thing about someone other than me wanting to be argumentative. If it has ran it's course with you then there is not reason for you to post anymore in this topic.

Have whatever kind of day you like ..... happy fathers day.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

And they refuse to watch the video of the circumstances surrounding the salute to do so. 

It's strange about anyone getting in a lather about a salute instead of the possibility of establishing peace on the Korean Peninsula.

Watching the circumstances of the video is just a distraction on your part.

You have insisted repeatedly that you are the EXPERT on all things military. You repeatedly refer to your experience and education IN THE MILITARY when touting your expertise. You maintained, time and again, that your military expertise indicated that Trump followed protocol. You even went as far as belittling those that have not served when they challenge your knowledge.

And now, we find out that you don't even know military protocol.

You still have not admitted that you were 100% wrong as to Presidential Protocol.

Being 100% wrong on a thing as simple as military protocol does call into question your statements made on previous discussions where the military is concerned.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It's strange about anyone getting in a lather about a salute instead of the possibility of establishing peace on the Korean Peninsula.

You've got to be kidding me.

You tout yourself a student of history.

Name one other time in history when a totalitarian regime as secretive and repressive as Kim Jong Un's has EVER..... EVER....... established peace by giving concessions to the Western World?

Even Vietnam had to be considered an open society compared to North Korea.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:
I rather have my President salute than have my President bow. The fringe left doesn`t know the difference.

Perhaps we should note that some will go to drastic links to criticize?  And they refuse to watch the video of the circumstances surrounding the salute to do so.  Of course all this criticism is for partisan purposes.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:
I rather have my President salute than have my President bow. The fringe left doesn`t know the difference.

What has this country come to when a citizen of the United States wants its COMMANDER IN CHIEF saluting to an enemy general who has been responsible for untold deaths, tortures, and imprisonments of their own citizens and citizens from other countries.

This is a sad day.

I suppose you would've had no problem with FDR saluting Hitler or George W saluting Osama bin Laden.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 93
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Would a retired Rear Admiral, and commentator for a liberal TV network, outrank both the President and Marine Corps commandant?  Remember that Obama fired the commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan for disagreeing with him.  He was a full General.

This thread is about the violation of protocol by a sitting president who salutes an enemy general.

You insisted that you were the expert with all of your supposed military education, knowledge, and experience.

BUT YOU WERE DEAD WRONG!!!!

You have yet to admit to that and have obfuscated the discussion ever since by introducing one diversion after another, from oops moments to Obama, to CNN, you attempt to change the subject, post after post, in order to not admit your error.

You clearly had no idea what protocol was appropriate........ admit your mistake and we can all move on.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 93

If Hillary was president, yes it would have different. Unless there were concessions, documentation, and inspections, there would never have been placing nk on the world stage. She never would have been promoting herself for the Nobel. 

Evidence, how much effort did putin put in to make sure she did not get elected, and helping to make sure that trump got elected...and now how subservient that trump is to putin because he owns him. 

Authoritarian dictators don’t like Hillary...good for her. 

Where are trump’s tax returns which will show all of the russian connections...and how he didn’t donate money like he says he has. 

What’s he hiding?

frosty financials to come

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Was there anything in writing, or just verbal promises. And what else did trump give away without getting anything?

Why give up the war games? To show how weak trump is?

Is trump selling kim un a building or condo in NY?...and having the US pay for it. Seems to be trump’s style. 

frosty business

If this had been a President Hillary instead of a President Trump would the reaction have been different?

Yes because the meeting would have been different.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Was there anything in writing, or just verbal promises. And what else did trump give away without getting anything?

Why give up the war games? To show how weak trump is?

Is trump selling kim un a building or condo in NY?...and having the US pay for it. Seems to be trump’s style. 

frosty business

If this had been a President Hillary instead of a President Trump would the reaction have been different?

I believe she'd be a shoe in for the Nobel Peace prize.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors