Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
395
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

395 Views
Message 11 of 93

Japanese and American soldier salute at end of WW2.enemy soldiers saluting each other at end of warenemy soldiers saluting each other at end of war

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
395
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
398
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

398 Views
Message 12 of 93

The left here are definitely hypocrites. When Roosevelt and Churchill met Stalin after WW2 ,our Democrat President knew that Stalin had murdered millions of more people than Hitler ever did but still met with him to establish world peace.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
398
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
403
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

403 Views
Message 13 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

 

Can you provide valid military sources to verify your arguments?  If you can't provide those valid sources about saluting by the President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, then of what basis do you continue these posts?

 

Until you provide those official and valid military sources, then you have no argument .  Of course I have lived with these customs and courtesies all my adult life.  Have you?

 


As you are the one that challenged my original post's thesis that Trump violated protocol;

 

As you are the one that touts your military background, knowledge, education, and expertise on almost every discussion board;

 

As you are the one that says they have lived with these customs and courtesies all their life;

 

Therefore:

 

It should be YOU that provides valid military sources to verify YOUR argument.

 

It should be rather easy with your experience to find a official military source that would satisfy the argument.

 

I find it troubling that you haven't done that yet.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
403
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
426
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

426 Views
Message 14 of 93

@Richva wrote:


You do realize your statement uses Obama as the standard to which Trump should aspire, right?  I don't think that is what you meant, but that is what you wrote. "If Obama did it, then it is acceptable for Trump"


I'm saying that Obama completely ignored protocol by his saluting with a cup of coffee in his hand.  He received criticism for that.  Without doubt politics plays a role in your post. 


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
426
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
405
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

405 Views
Message 15 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:


What trump did is not protocol.


As has been repeatedly posted, Trump as President is Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.  Therefore if wants to salute, then it is protocol since he is the ultimate authority over matters of military courtesy.

 

If you have official documentation that what he did was not protocol in this case, then perhaps you should post it.  Otherwise, like others, it is only your opinion.  But speaking of saluting I have to wonder how many here know the proper way to salute?   Obama holding a coffee latte in his had certainly didn't.   I'll even say that Trump isn't using the proper procedure.


You do realize your statement uses Obama as the standard to which Trump should aspire, right?  I don't think that is what you meant, but that is what you wrote. "If Obama did it, then it is acceptable for Trump"

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
405
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
389
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

389 Views
Message 16 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:


What trump did is not protocol.


As has been repeatedly posted, Trump as President is Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.  Therefore if wants to salute, then it is protocol since he is the ultimate authority over matters of military courtesy.

 

If you have official documentation that what he did was not protocol in this case, then perhaps you should post it.  Otherwise, like others, it is only your opinion.  But speaking of saluting I have to wonder how many here know the proper way to salute?   Obama holding a coffee latte in his had certainly didn't.   I'll even say that Trump isn't using the proper procedure.


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
389
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
388
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

388 Views
Message 17 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

 

Being 100% wrong on a thing as simple as military protocol does call into question your statements made on previous discussions where the military is concerned.


You have claimed a lot here, but instead of offering a valid doctrinal source, you attack someone else?  Instead you point out a retired naval officer who could be said could be biased because of being connected with CNN?  What you are posting is more your opinion rather than official dogma.

 

Can you provide valid military sources to verify your arguments?  If you can't provide those valid sources about saluting by the President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, then of what basis do you continue these posts?

 

Until you provide those official and valid military sources, then you have no argument .  Of course I have lived with these customs and courtesies all my adult life.  Have you?

 

Have a nice day pardner.

 

 


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
388
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
402
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

402 Views
Message 18 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:
I rather have my President salute than have my President bow. The fringe left doesn`t know the difference.

In the instance of Obama bowing, it was a custom to bow as a salutation, of course the radical right tries to make it something different.  In other words it was catastrophic and immoral for Obama to bow as a recognised salutation according to custom, yet trump saluting to a dictatorship is OK.  The hypocrisy of the right is astounding.


"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
402
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
392
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

392 Views
Message 19 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:
I rather have my President salute than have my President bow. The fringe left doesn`t know the difference.

He only bowed to Muslim leaders.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
392
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
390
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

390 Views
Message 20 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Was there anything in writing, or just verbal promises. And what else did trump give away without getting anything?

Why give up the war games? To show how weak trump is?

Is trump selling kim un a building or condo in NY?...and having the US pay for it. Seems to be trump’s style. 

 

frosty business


If this had been a President Hillary instead of a President Trump would the reaction have been different?


Of course the reaction would be different, the right would be coming apart at the seams.

 


"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
390
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors