From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 91 of 93

I believe that Tx  is correct on this one. In all  the war movies that I have seen of WWII   every time that two orfficers one German and one US meet especially when theyr were taking prisoners. they saluted each other. as a deference of being military men fighting for their own country.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 92 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

A post out of context.  This is a frame out of a video of the event.  He was following protocol in returning a salute from the North Korean general:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/trump-north-korea-salute/index.html

"In the military, returning a salute from a military officer of a friendly foreign nation is common practice for US military officers and considered a display of military professionalism. There is no rule that a US president is obliged to return a salute, which is considered a sign of mutual respect."

So where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies? 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 93 of 93

Every dead President must be spinning in their grave as they watched "SPANKY" Trump, THE COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, salute a general of an enemy.

This picture is headlining the news in North Korea.

I almost threw up.

Donald Trump is pictured with North Korean general.  |POLITICO screenshot

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/14/trump-north-korea-general-salute-646248

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors