Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 1 of 93

@fangoh45 wrote:

I dare say some on this forum would be hard pressed to learn one or two of the eleven General Orders.

Yes, that one statement more than any others, speaks volumes about the lack of knowledge of all things military by one or more here. 

For what it's worth, I'll take your word over theirs any day on military matters. Nothing you have posted on this subject is incorrect. Your responses would be well received by any with an open mind.

I've noted that most of can furnish an authoritative source for the President refraining from saluting, except for using a left leaning talking head retired Rear Admiral (who I doubt knows what the regulations are covering customs and courtesies). 

No doubt most of them got their ideas from the movies, especially John Wayne who according to many thinks he won WW2 single handed, even though he never served and was deferred by the influence of the movie studios.

I doubt that any of them has read the UCMJ cover to cover, or even a good many military regulations in their spare time.  Nor I believe that none of them is aware of the proper way to render the salute.  Hint...not with a coffee cup in the saluting hand, nor even a limp touching of the forehead.

Again, beyond doubt a good many veterans gets a good laugh at the comments by the paticular poster here.  I bet he doesn't even know what a soldier's P-38 is. Came in handy for various situations.  I carried one at all times in Vietnam...even a long time after returning to CONUS.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

It is clear that @TxGrandpa2's can not and/or will not address that he did not know a subject as simple as MILITARY PROTOCOL.

After all these year's as an "authority" on things military; he was 100% wrong, as was "SPANKY" Trump himself.

Funny what people will do to defend "SPANKY".

You still haven't proven your point, only citing an apparent biased retired Rear Admiral who is a talking head for a liberal  network.  And of course I'm not an authority on ALL things military, but probably more so than someone here who has no credentials as having served in the military.  And by their posts have showed it.   I'm thinking there are veterans lurking out there who is having a good laugh at your posts.

And more so than someone who has only been baiting someone with experience.  Further I have been citing published examples of a President saluting, whereas you have been more engaged in apparent personal attacks rather than citing any authority. 

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion even if it is completely wrong.  You can thank a veteran out there who has defended that right for you.

TX.

Hard to laugh at some of the ridiculous statements made by some on this topic. They are so telling. Their lack of knowledge, so revealing by their words. A perfect example, the statement about you not being able to understanrd something as simple as "Military Protocol". Military protocol-Simple???

I dare say some on this forum would be hard pressed to learn one or two of the eleven General Orders.

Yes, that one statement more than any others, speaks volumes about the lack of knowledge of all things military by one or more here. 

For what it's worth, I'll take your word over theirs any day on military matters. Nothing you have posted on this subject is incorrect. Your responses would be well received by any with an open mind.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 93

Wingers apparently have forgotten that Donald had a choice to make - give a hostile country military leadership a coop ( salute) or ignore it and just keep moving.   Was he was schooled by his cronies in the WH and told that this would happen, or is this another of his "I'm gonna wing it" and go with my gut and outrage many who have fought for this country.    

Apparently the RW has decided that donald can do no wrong - the brainwashing project has been completed.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

It is clear that @TxGrandpa2's can not and/or will not address that he did not know a subject as simple as MILITARY PROTOCOL.

After all these year's as an "authority" on things military; he was 100% wrong, as was "SPANKY" Trump himself.

You still haven't proven your point, only citing an apparent biased retired Rear Admiral who is a talking head for a liberal  network.  And of course I'm not an authority on ALL things military, but probably more so than someone here who has no credentials as having served in the military.  And by their posts have showed it.   I'm thinking there are veterans lurking out there who is having a good laugh at your posts.

And more so than someone who has only been baiting someone with experience.  Further I have been citing published examples of a President saluting, whereas you have been more engaged in apparent personal attacks rather than citing any authority. 

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion even if it is completely wrong.  You can thank a veteran out there who has defended that right for you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 93
It is clear that @TxGrandpa2's can not and/or will not address that he did not know a subject as simple as MILITARY PROTOCOL.@Nctatheel.......Seems you are badgering.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 93

@williamb39198 wrote:

If Hillary was president, yes it would have different. Unless there were concessions, documentation, and inspections, there would never have been placing nk on the world stage. She never would have been promoting herself for the Nobel. 

Evidence, how much effort did putin put in to make sure she did not get elected, and helping to make sure that trump got elected...and now how subservient that trump is to putin because he owns him. 

Authoritarian dictators don’t like Hillary...good for her. 

Where are trump’s tax returns which will show all of the russian connections...and how he didn’t donate money like he says he has. 

What’s he hiding?

frosty financials to come

A refresher course in proper grammar (capitalization) certainly seems appropriate at this time.

How sophomoric!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It's always good for a chuckle when civilians put their own opinion on military customs. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:

Grandpa tx-Ed, you grew up in a military family and and no doubt is familiar with military customs and courtesies. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I even had to salute my father when I was in ROTC and he was teaching it.(never had him for  an instructor however.)

The entire flap here is that the left ignores the context of the event.  The video showed that Trump was going to shake hands but the General saluted first and it became an 'oops' moment for both.  It's always good for a chuckle when civilians put their own opinion on military customs. 

And they just can't let it go.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 93

Grandpa tx-Ed, you grew up in a military family and and no doubt is familiar with military customs and courtesies. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I even had to salute my father when I was in ROTC and he was teaching it.(never had him for  an instructor however.)

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:

The left here are definitely hypocrites.

Ed, you grew up in a military family and and no doubt is familiar with military customs and courtesies.  What we see here are those who has no idea of the military environment but are pushing their own partisan opinions.  If it had been Obama or a Democrat, it would have been ok.

Then again Obama saluted with the hand holding a cup of coffee...that's the leftist way.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors