AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 41 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

When you can post a valid official source about the President returning the salute of a General being according to protocol we can continue the discussion.

You are the one saying that the salute was outside protocol, not me.  As I said, until you show valid proof that he saluted outside military protocol, which as President, he is the ultimate authority, then we can believe what you are posting.

Remember the President is the ultimate authority regarding military procedures, not retired Rear Admirals who is employed by CNN to further their partisan views.

I think the VALID OFFICIAL SOURCE most at this discussion board once used for military questions WAS you.

Until now.

YOU are the poster that challenged the original post (OP) that Trump violated protocol; thus, it is up to YOU to produce confirmable references that says that he didn't violate protocol. You have yet to do that.

You would think with your extensive experience and knowledge of military procedure; you would've provided documentation by now that would bolster your case that Trump followed protocol.

But you can't..... because you're wrong.

And now, unbelievably, you are going as far as saying that the DUNCE in the White House, Donald Trump, is an authority over a 30 year REAR ADMIRAL when it comes to military procedures.

Do you really believe that "SPANKY" knows more about MILITARY PROCEDURE than a 30 year of service, retired REAR ADMIRAL?????

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 93

@nctarheel

Are you not making this personal?  A post about another poster instead of the topic?

When you can post a valid official source about the President returning the salute of a General being according to protocol we can continue the discussion.  As it is, apparently you are making posts about another poster.

You are the one saying that the salute was outside protocol, not me.  As I said, until you show valid proof that he saluted outside military protocol, which as President, he is the ultimate authority, then we can believe what you are posting.

Remember the President is the ultimate authority regarding military procedures, not retired Rear Admirals who is employed by CNN to further their partisan views.

And why do you want to continue this nonsensical discussion?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 43 of 93

PanJ said, "Too funny. These are the same people who went into fits of outrage when President Obama bowed when greeting Emperor Akihito in Japan. Now Trump goes belly up and practically kisses Lil' Kim's feet, and it's "so what?" Their capacity for hypocricy is bottomless."

PanJ, there's no end to the double standards and hypocrisy of Trump Cult members.

Let's not forget what Trump said about Kim Jong Un. He called him a smart man, a great leader, and said he loves his people. Trump also said he wants the American people to respond just like North Koreans when KJU speaks.

PanJ, can you imagine the outrage if President Obama said the same things?

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 93

Sorry, this was a duplicate.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

And no, I wasn't wrong about the protocol. 

In any event the topic should have already run its course.

This thread will have only "run its course" when you admit that you were wrong about Trump's salute to an enemy general as being "within military protocol".

Throughout this thread, you challenge others military "awareness" due to their lack of military service. You allude to the population of veterans on the discussion boards as being low, and their knowledge of protocol limited.

You make statement after statement regarding protocol that are incorrect. Saluting a friend or foe, respecting the enemy's rank and uniform, and all other manners of trying to explain why you thought Trump was right. But, you were wrong.

You spend several posts questioning the knowledge of protocol of myself and others and then, go on to tout yours, all the while, using language that could be deemed a personal attacks.

When all these things didn't work, you tried to obfuscate the discussion by introducing OBAMA into the mix.

When that didn't work, you created your OOOPS moment rationale.

When that didn't work, you now are challenging a REAR ADMIRAL just because he appears on a media outlet you don't like.

Finally, when all else failed, you are calling for the closing of the thread, like you are a Moderator or something.

This thread will run its course when you admit that YOUR PRESIDENT saluted an enemy general, outside of military protocol, and that now, that salute is being used as propaganda in North Korea to depict that North Korea is either on par with the power of the United States or even more powerful.

Who cares if Trump saluted an "enemy general"? Do you?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

And no, I wasn't wrong about the protocol. 

This thread will have only "run its course" when you admit that you were wrong about Trump's salute to an enemy general as being "within military protocol".

Throughout this thread, you challenge others military "awareness" due to their lack of military service. You allude to the population of veterans on the discussion boards as being low, and their knowledge of protocol limited.

You make statement after statement regarding protocol that are incorrect. Saluting a friend or foe, respecting the enemy's rank and uniform, and all other manners of trying to explain why you thought Trump was right. But, you were wrong.

You spend several posts questioning the knowledge of protocol of myself and others and then, go on to tout yours, all the while, using language that could be deemed a personal attacks.

When all these things didn't work, you tried to obfuscate the discussion by introducing OBAMA into the mix.

When that didn't work, you created your OOOPS moment rationale.

When that didn't work, you now are challenging a REAR ADMIRAL just because he appears on a media outlet you don't like.

Finally, when all else failed, you are calling for the closing of the thread, like you are a Moderator or something.

This thread will run its course when you admit that YOUR PRESIDENT saluted an enemy general, outside of military protocol, and that now, that salute is being used as propaganda in North Korea to depict that North Korea is either on par with the power of the United States or even more powerful.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Anyone has a right to their opinion about trump's salute being correct whether they have ever been in the military or not.

Opinions are just that, an opinion.  Protocol is established protocol.  And there is the thing about someone wanting to be argumentative. 

It has really ran its course and shouldn't be missed if it was closed.

Have a nice day

Agree, it's pretty well ran it's course. The bottom line, as you have stated, saluting by the commander-in-chief while not required, is an option. Granted- my pay grade far lower than a rear admiral. That said, being a rear admiral does not guarantee 100% accuracy nor does an opinion from an enlisted man guarantee 100% that they'll be wrong.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Anyone has a right to their opinion about trump's salute being correct whether they have ever been in the military or not.

Opinions are just that, an opinion.  Protocol is established protocol.  And there is the thing about someone wanting to be argumentative. 

It has really ran its course and shouldn't be missed if it was closed.

Have a nice day

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So now you try and tell people what they can post? Now you try to take the right of free speech away from those who haven't been in the military?

Now you say "it was more of an oops moment" on trump's part but you still support him? You were wrong about the "protocol", weren't you?

This is a discussion, I post what I think and my opinion..you and others can take it as you want.  But that isn't the topic

It's not necessarily that I support Trump, but the office he occupies.  And the oops on the part of the General and Trump.  It could happen with anyone even Allied officers.  And no, I wasn't wrong about the protocol. 

No, this topic has not "run it's course",  it is ongoing because trump is still in office and he daily stains the office of the presidency with his rantings on twitter and most recently with the media.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 93

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So now you try and tell people what they can post? Now you try to take the right of free speech away from those who haven't been in the military?

Now you say "it was more of an oops moment" on trump's part but you still support him? You were wrong about the "protocol", weren't you?

This is a discussion, I post what I think and my opinion..you and others can take it as you want.  But that isn't the topic

It's not necessarily that I support Trump, but the office he occupies.  And the oops on the part of the General and Trump.  It could happen with anyone even Allied officers.  And no, I wasn't wrong about the protocol. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22