Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 51 of 93

Trump supporters go to great lengths to rationalize and defend the actions of our present Idiot In Chief.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

As to protocol of Trump's salute to an enemy general, the REAR ADMIRAL was quoted saying the opposite of what you have said in post after post.

Of course this same retired Rear Admiral is now affiliated with CNN (of course CNN doesn't actually support Trump) and is speaking on behalf of himself, the same as I am; but also this is the same Rear Admiral who was called an idiot by Senator John McCain who comes from a line of Navy Admirals. .

Further, like the Marine Commandant told Reagan, he is the Commander in Chief and can do as he well pleased.  The Marine Commandant outranks a Rear Admiral and is a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

In any event the event was taken out of context and is much ado about nothing being more a partisan attempt to deprecate Trump without seeing what becomes of this summit meeting.  This topic actually has apparently run it's course and doubtful has any further discussion value.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

YOU too must have served

Yes, Fangoh has mentioned before that he is a veteran and I believe he is also a Vietnam veteran.  So what about your service in the mililtary or in Vietnam that you can criticize him or anyone on military matters?

So now you try and tell people what they can post? Now you try to take the right of free speech away from those who haven't been in the military?

Now you say "it was more of an oops moment" on trump's part but you still support him? You were wrong about the "protocol", weren't you?

Oh ............ have a nice day.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 93

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

And here I thought we were going to hear about Monica Lowinski's dress again.

We did ............. you just mentioned it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I was saying exactly what I said.  If one paid close attention to the video of the happening they could see that it was more an oops moment.  Where does a Rear Admiral enter into what went on?

As to protocol of Trump's salute to an enemy general, the REAR ADMIRAL was quoted saying the opposite of what you have said in post after post.

The REAR ADMIRAL said that Trump's salute to an enemy general was NOT protocol but you have continuously said it was.

You said that you based your answer that it was protocol on training YOU said YOU got in the military. You even went as far as belittling those discussing protocol without having had prior military service. You said they couldn't possibly know anything about protocol because they didn't serve.

But now, this REAR ADMIRAL'S comments regarding the protocol of the President's salute proves that your insistence that it WAS protocol was 100% wrong..... even though you said you had training related to it.

@TxGrandpa2, do you not see that your creditability has been challenged by virtue of these comments from the REAR ADMIRAL?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

Are you now saying that Trump was in error paying homage to an enemy general by saluting?

I was saying exactly what I said.  If one paid close attention to the video of the happening they could see that it was more an oops moment.  Where does a Rear Admiral enter into what went on?  I didn't see one in the video.

Have a good evening.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

It was actually one of those oops, oops, oops moments. 

Are you now saying that Trump was in error paying homage to an enemy general by saluting?

You have still not addressed why you defended the action by saying it was military protocol when it wasn't military protocol at all.

Were you just "blowing smoke"?

Since a REAR ADMIRAL's comments were in a stark 100% opposition to your own, how does one take that you have, time and again, defended Trump's salute by saying that YOU know protocol because of your military experiences and knowledge. If you did, you wouldn't be making comments that are the opposite of a REAR ADMIRAL.

In post after post, you insisted that Trump was within protocol based on your military knowledge. You belittled others for not having that military knowledge. 

And then we find out he obviously wasn't within protocol as confirmed by a REAR ADMIRAL; meaning you were incorrect the entire time.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

@fangoh45 wrote:

You best tread softly with this. Anyone who has been on this forum for any length of time has read the numerous  posts/replies by Tx, relating to the military. His knowledge of all things military, not derived from textbooks, but his experiences themselves.  Only one who has proudly served under combat conditions would have such specific and detailed insight . 

Interesting that you see fit to issue an OFF TOPIC WARNING regarding another poster. Your analysis that "only one that served under combat conditions would have such specific and detailed insight" means that YOU too must have served so that you could recognize the "specific and detailed insight"... but that is certainly not the case, is it.

There have been plenty of people on this earth that are not what they seem.

Oh the arrogance!

Please highlight in my reply where I stated-only those who serve in combat would know. Would those individual(s) have a better insight? They darn sure would. All things military are drilled into their heads most every waking hour.

Yes, there are many, many people on this earth who are not what they seem. There are some here who believe they are experts on all things, as well as perfect judges of character for individuals they only know through a political forum. How arrogant!

PS-It appears one here has learned two new words-"Off Topic". It might be well to understand the meaning of those two words. This whole discussion is mostly about protocol on saluting, yet at least two posts being labeled as being "off-topic".

Maybe, and explanation of why one or both were "off topic" would be in order.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 93

This is all manufactured hysteria as a poster on another political discussion site commented.

It was actually one of those oops, oops, oops moments.  Trump stuck his hand out to shake the North Korean General's hand, the General saluted, Trump did a double take and returned the salute, and then they finally shook hands.  Bet the entire group then went to dinner and had a good laugh.

And meanwhile back in the states pundits went wild with the bandwidth.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 93
Honoring the guy with a salute was the perfectly American, patriotic thing to do, I mean, the guy is a member of the regime that tortured 22 year old student Otto Warmbier and sent his broken, brain dead body home 1 short year ago. If that isn't worthy of respect, I don't know what is. And the display of the American flags squashed between NK flags was a happy bonus.
Kudos
Views