Take control of your brain health with Staying Sharp! Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 61 of 93

@angeleyes64 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2

All I will say is Thank you for your service, and you as I and my husband have a right to our opinions.

As we all should.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

Trump committed a protocol faux pas

https://taskandpurpose.com/sorry-presidential-salute-isnt-real-thing/

What does an OFF TOPIC response about President Obama have to do with the FACT that you said that, through your many years of military service, you were an authority on military protocol.

You then posted several comments defending Trump's protocol faux pas by saying IT WAS PROTOCOL to salute an enemy officer by a sitting President. 

But then, we find out that your knowledge of protocol was the OPPOSITE of the knowledge of protocol by a well respected REAR ADMIRAL.

Rightly so, your knowledge of protocol is now being questioned as it is in 100% opposition to that of a REAR ADMIRAL.

Why not respond to that question rather post a story, OFF TOPIC, about President Obama?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 93

@TxGrandpa2

All I will say is Thank you for your service, and you as I and my husband have a right to our opinions.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

Trump committed a protocol faux pas

And the Marine Commandant told Reagan:  "You’re the g****** president. You can salute whoever you g******** well please. "

Have a nice day.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 93

@jimc91 wrote:

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 7.38.04 AM.png

What a stain on Americas' top Law Enforcement Agency!!

You do realize that purposeful OFF TOPIC posts inserted into a thread are a violation of the TOS, don't you?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 93

Screen Shot 2018-06-15 at 7.38.04 AM.png

What a stain on Americas' top Law Enforcement Agency!!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Where did you get to be so knowledgeable about military customs and courtesies?

Why is that the majority of everything I've read around the internet from Veterans is favorable to his actions?  You know something they don't? 

The North Korean General rendered the salute to Trump as a sign of respect, and Trump acknowledged the honor. 

I'm amazed at your intense knowledge of military courtesy, among other matters.

It certainly is confounding that your knowledge of protocol that YOU SAY you learned when you entered Air Force Basic in 1955..... and then YOU SAY you learned more about it as a Army NCO and Vietnam Vet is 180% opposite of the experience and knowledge of a retired REAR ADMIRAL.

You've stated, "It is a courtesy to salute foreign officers".

You've stated, "Trump was showing respect for a General's rank".

You've stated, "According to military protocol, the salute is required between officers of either allied or enemy militaries".

While retired REAR ADMIRAL John Kirby, a former SPOKESMAN for the DEFENSE DEPARTMENT and the STATE DEPARTMENT calls the image of Trump saluting a North Korean General "STRIKING". He goes on to say "It was inappropriate from a protocol perspective". And then went on to say, "You most certainly don't do it with leaders of foreign militaries of adversarial nations". REAR ADMIRAL Kirby received the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit, Meritorious Service Medal(4 awards) and many other campaign and service awards during his 30 years of service.

@TxGrandpa2, I suppose you COULD know more than a RETIRED REAR ADMIRAL since, in today's political climate, Trump says he knows more than our Generals..... but I doubt it.

Trump committed a protocol faux pas and now it is being used a propaganda by the other side.

He is an idiot.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 93

@gruffstuff wrote:

WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

American President don't salute their own generals, but Trump salutes a general of North Korea.

Sorry, The Presidential Salute Isn’t A Real Thing

For the first 192 years of our republic, commanders in chief did not salute military personnel

And your link started off with this:

"Barack Obama, the 44th president of the United States, flew to New York City today to speak to the United Nations about a range of issues from climate change to the war he just started against ISIS militants in Syria. But many of the headlines were focused on something far more trivial. Obama debarked Marine One with a cup of coffee in his hand, and when he went to salute the Marine standing by the helicopter, he kept the cup of coffee in his hand."

The 'latte' President who showed his disrespect for the military by holding that cup of coffee and saluting?

Did you read what the Marine Corps Commandant told Reagan when he asked his advice?  I won't repeat it here because of the bluntness of the language.  The Commandant got it right.

So, by what authority are posters here criticizing Trump?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

YOU too must have served

Yes, Fangoh has mentioned before that he is a veteran and I believe he is also a Vietnam veteran.  So what about your service in the mililtary or in Vietnam that you can criticize him or anyone on military matters?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

And since he saluted the general that carried out murders, imprisonments, and other atrocities for Kim Jong Un, he was saluting those terrible actions. Having saluted a sworn enemy, his salute was then used as evidence by North Korean State Media that a North Korean  general  has power over a U.S. president.

Trump is a DIPLOMATIC DUNCE.

You also an expert on Diplomatic Dunce's?

Where did you get to be so knowledgeable about military customs and courtesies?

Why is that the majority of everything I've read around the internet from Veterans is favorable to his actions?  You know something they don't? 

The North Korean General rendered the salute to Trump as a sign of respect, and Trump acknowledged the honor.  I watched the video and I saw him returning the salute, nothing else.

Kudos
Views