From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WHAT A STAIN ON THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENCY

Message 81 of 93

@nctarheel wrote:

None the less, the picture of Trump saluting is being used as propaganda in North Korea relating to how the summit ended. They are propagandizing the salute as Trump not being on equal footing with Kim Jong Un but of a lower stature.

Certainly and why not?  trump is of a "lower stature".

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 82 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

He was following protocol in returning a salute from the North Korean general.

"In the military, returning a salute from a military officer of a friendly foreign nation is common practice for US military officers and considered a display of military professionalism. There is no rule that a US president is obliged to return a salute, which is considered a sign of mutual respect."

So where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies? 

And I may ask where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies yourself; as people on discussion boards, like these, don't always represent themselves as what they really are. How do I know what military customs and courtesy knowledge you have except for what you say you have????

None the less, the picture of Trump saluting is being used as propaganda in North Korea relating to how the summit ended. They are propagandizing the salute as Trump not being on equal footing with Kim Jong Un but of a lower stature.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 83 of 93

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

A post out of context.  This is a frame out of a video of the event.  He was following protocol in returning a salute from the North Korean general:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/14/politics/trump-north-korea-salute/index.html

"In the military, returning a salute from a military officer of a friendly foreign nation is common practice for US military officers and considered a display of military professionalism. There is no rule that a US president is obliged to return a salute, which is considered a sign of mutual respect."

So where did you become aware of military customs and courtesies?                                                                         no civilian is supposed to salute the military because civilians are superior to the military. The military answers to the civilians alone there are no Generals in charge of the defense department on the cabinet and the president is not a general they are all civilians and the military and starts to them. Any president in the past who has saluted to any general or military member has been wrong

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 84 of 93

@angeleyes64 wrote:

My husband a military man is highly offended.

He feels The Donald to him is Commander in Chief in name only. He has not served and has NOOOOOOO clue what the military goes thru or their families. I know more than he does, and lived thru a War.

Now he's saluting a General of NK, a Country who kill their own people, starve them, Killed One of Our Own for what a poster? There he stands with his jacket open his fat belly sticking out for all the World to see, AHHHHH   NK   does have him right where they want him. What a fool he truly is, what a disgrace.

This retired Army NCO and Vietnam Vet thanks your husband for his service in Vietnam, especially in an outstanding branch of the Armed Forces.  Also having been aware of the many casualty reports that came through my office, I would say that he was fortunate to have received the Purple Heart himself.  Many were awarded posthumously to families.

According to military protocol, the salute is required between officers of either allied or enemy militaries; for the President being Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces there is no set protocol, but according to the video it was in return to that of the General's.  And this was a diplomatic situation.

I've been looking at comments concerning this on several other discussion sites and the majority of vets has no objection to the President's response to the North Korean General under the circumstances.

And again as a retired Army NCO, I am happy that they were exchanging salutes instead of missiles.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 85 of 93

My husband a military man is highly offended.

He feels The Donald to him is Commander in Chief in name only. He has not served and has NOOOOOOO clue what the military goes thru or their families. I know more than he does, and lived thru a War.

Now he's saluting a General of NK, a Country who kill their own people, starve them, Killed One of Our Own for what a poster? There he stands with his jacket open his fat belly sticking out for all the World to see, AHHHHH   NK   does have him right where they want him. What a fool he truly is, what a disgrace.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 86 of 93

My husband a vetearn wounded in Viet Nam enlisting at 17 for what he thought was for his Country, so no dam Viet Nam remarks. He went in a boy and came home a damaged man, one of those The Donald doesn't like, wounded, for his Country.

His take on the picture is The Donald is A Communist Loving Russian S blk blk  and was highly offened by the picture. Hopefully my s blk blk is not offending anyone,I see words here and there all the time. If so I'm sorry, his words not mine. 

They are a Country who kill their own people, starve them, killed one of Our Own in prison over a poster. Kill their own family members.    Really!!

He's a disgrace, not even a Militay Man & my huband who does not have bone spurs does not feel he is a Commander in Chief more than just a name. He has NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO clue about what the military life is like or what their their families sacrafice. Worse yet he DOES NOT CARE. 

BUT, he with his jacket open & a fat bell showing is saluting their General. He is a Disgrace to this Country in so many ways. I hope they take this picture and plaster it all over NK so they can see they have The Donald right where they want him.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 87 of 93

And here I thought we were going to hear about Monica Lowinski's dress again......@Nothappening......Nope, have you not figured out that old Bill did not have sex with that woman?The darn cigar left those stains. By the way, Bill looks like he has something very wrong with him. Hope his past has not left something than can't be cured.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 88 of 93

@easyed598 wrote:

I believe this happen on the battleship Missouri when Japan surrender to the United States. I`ll have to dig this photo out that my father brought back who was on board the ship when it happen.

https://www.quora.com/Should-a-soldier-salute-enemy-officers

It is customary to salute foreign officers (friend or foe). It is a mark of mutual respect and acts as a reminder to both parties that they are soldiers and that they each have responsibilities to the other.

As Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces Trump was showing respect for the General's rank and was returning his salute.  With that title, he is entitled to salute if he wants.

On another discussion site that there were no objections by military veterans to the salute.  Doubtful there are that many veterans here.  Only one poster I'm aware of is a Korean War era veteran.  I missed being in that category by several months.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 89 of 93

And here I thought we were going to hear about Monica Lowinski's dress again.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 90 of 93

I believe this happen on the battleship Missouri when Japan surrender to the United States. I`ll have to dig this photo out that my father brought back who was on board the ship when it happen.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors