Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: WH Revoking CA's Authority To Set Its Emissions Standards

Message 1 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted...

You seem to think the Green New Deal is some bill waiting for a vote in Congress and if it passes, airplanes will immediately be grounded and gasoline-powered cars will instantly become illegal. Been reading Donnie's tweets again? For your reading pleasure -- The Facts on the ‘Green New Deal’

There is much being done TODAY to roll back and negate any attempts to reduce our emissions and our pollution by the current dummy in office. And his fawning sycophants fall in line just like baby ducklings following their mama. To wit: the topic of this discussion.

But on an UP note, the governor of VA where I currently live just signed an executive order with "a goal of producing all of the state’s electricity from carbon-free sources by 2050 in an effort to reduce the commonwealth’s impact on climate change". Virginia joins HI, CA, NM, ME, NY, and WA with 100% clean energy goals.

There are those who say "WE CAN" and those who say "We can't, why bother?"

===========================================================

"You seem to think the Green New Deal is some bill waiting for a vote in Congress and if it passes, airplanes will immediately be grounded and gasoline-powered cars will instantly become illegal. Been reading Donnie's tweets again? For your reading pleasure -- The Facts on the ‘Green New Deal’"

I think that? You are wrong again.

I unlike many on the left see and read what some radical members of the left want in the Green New Deal and some want the elimination on fossil fuels in 10 years.

100% clean energy goals.....

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" is a proverb and nursery rhyme, first recorded about 1628 in a collection of Scottish proverbs., which suggests if wishing could make things happen, then even the most destitute people would have everything they wanted.

Again...

If you want to do away with all fossil fuels go and help get the "Green New Deal"...and look for the economy to make the depression of the 1930"s look like the good times!

With you and others you do not understand or seem to care what would happen if we did away with fossil fuels..no air planes ..no clean natural gas with millions of homes use and on and on.

There is much that is being done TODAY to reduce our pollution...electric cars is one...the sky is not falling...its time to stop the crying!

Why the fixation on the depression of the 1930. The depression in the 1930 was caused by the far right, and Tariffs. The people you support are now trying to cause a depression in 2020 just like it. Trump has put the tariffs in to place and we are told the tariffs will cost each person $1,000.00 this year, and we have lost 300,000 jobs so far. Now this has already happened and not one word about that. Your green new deal is an idea not a bill put forwarded by anyone. So for the sake of the country spend your time correcting the current problem, by ending the Trump era.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 21

Democrats have done such a great job of improving air quality in California, people FORGET how many were dying when there's be a "thermal inversion" and the toxic smog that hung constantly in the air over LA settled down to ground level.

Der Trumper saw his chance to make Southern California into an Auschwitz Shower, so he grabbed it. That'll teach them Liberals - wonder if donny'll send them rocks wrapped as soap?

Also wonder what his "States Rights" Fascists in SCOTUS are going to do with this? My bet is they'll do the bidding of their Trumper, just like they agreed to when he appointed them.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted...

You seem to think the Green New Deal is some bill waiting for a vote in Congress and if it passes, airplanes will immediately be grounded and gasoline-powered cars will instantly become illegal. Been reading Donnie's tweets again? For your reading pleasure -- The Facts on the ‘Green New Deal’

There is much being done TODAY to roll back and negate any attempts to reduce our emissions and our pollution by the current dummy in office. And his fawning sycophants fall in line just like baby ducklings following their mama. To wit: the topic of this discussion.

But on an UP note, the governor of VA where I currently live just signed an executive order with "a goal of producing all of the state’s electricity from carbon-free sources by 2050 in an effort to reduce the commonwealth’s impact on climate change". Virginia joins HI, CA, NM, ME, NY, and WA with 100% clean energy goals.

"You seem to think the Green New Deal is some bill waiting for a vote in Congress and if it passes, airplanes will immediately be grounded and gasoline-powered cars will instantly become illegal. Been reading Donnie's tweets again? For your reading pleasure -- The Facts on the ‘Green New Deal’"

I unlike many on the left see and read what some radical members of the left want in the Green New Deal and some want the elimination on fossil fuels in 10 years.

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride" is a proverb and nursery rhyme, first recorded about 1628 in a collection of Scottish proverbs., which suggests if wishing could make things happen, then even the most destitute people would have everything they wanted.

Again...

If you want to do away with all fossil fuels go and help get the "Green New Deal"...and look for the economy to make the depression of the 1930"s look like the good times!

With you and others you do not understand or seem to care what would happen if we did away with fossil fuels..no air planes ..no clean natural gas with millions of homes use and on and on.

There is much that is being done TODAY to reduce our pollution...electric cars is one...the sky is not falling...its time to stop the crying!

Still out of touch I see .

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 21
MsStretch posted...

Again...

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 21

@williamb39198 wrote:

Just heard that the car manufacturers who are willing to go with California standards versus trump looser standards, are going to be investigated by the DOJ. 

trump the destroyer is so incompetent,

and a slave of dark money. He does not support our Country!

Trump is a Dictator, and you see how Dictators operate. Trump wants to pull homeless people off the streets and send them to his concentration camps. Trump the Dictator at work.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 21

@MsStretch wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

======================================================

You seem to think the Green New Deal is some bill waiting for a vote in Congress and if it passes, airplanes will immediately be grounded and gasoline-powered cars will instantly become illegal. 

Typical Faux Viewer.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 21

Just heard that the car manufacturers who are willing to go with California standards versus trump looser standards, are going to be investigated by the DOJ. 

trump the destroyer is so incompetent,

and a slave of dark money. He does not support our Country!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:

MsStretch posted..

I'm on it! I have noticed the GND is in the dialog a lot more, so peeps are talking about it (witness present company). The older fuddy-duddies may not give a crap about it, but younger voters DO care about the future. There are those who say "We can" and those who say "We can't, why bother?"

I lived in L.A. when the sky was brown. You had to go far beyond the city's limits to see blue sky. Riding a bike was near impossible because you couldn't breathe with all the exhaust being spewed in your face and lungs.

Yes, a good economy is nice, but not if you're dying from a unhealthy environment and pollution. Then life just sucks no matter how much $$$ you have.

The depression in the 1930 was caused by far right Reb. so why would you support the people who gave us that. The last straw for that Depression was the Smoot Hawley Tariffs they imposed. That is what Trump us doing to  and taking us in to another depression. Since you think the depression in 1930 was bad I look forwarded to your ideas how we can get rid of Trump and avoid another one.  By the way the Car Mfg. support what CA is doing that is why they joined them, and all true Americans support them as we get better cars that cost us less to run. The price of gas where I live has jumped .30 per gallon this week due to Trump and his middle east policy failure. Get Trump out of Office in 2020.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 21

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

MsStretch posted..

I'm on it! I have noticed the GND is in the dialog a lot more, so peeps are talking about it (witness present company). The older fuddy-duddies may not give a crap about it, but younger voters DO care about the future. There are those who say "We can" and those who say "We can't, why bother?"

I lived in L.A. when the sky was brown. You had to go far beyond the city's limits to see blue sky. Riding a bike was near impossible because you couldn't breathe with all the exhaust being spewed in your face and lungs.

Yes, a good economy is nice, but not if you're dying from a unhealthy environment and pollution. Then life just sucks no matter how much $$$ you have.

One can clearly see the limited problem solving ability of many regressives above.  It's either revoke California's air quality requirements or accept the green new deal...nothing else.  No middle ground.  Most only think in binary terms.....I prefer those who can think past the propaganda of Fox News and the moron in the White House.  Don't you?

Yes, I definitely prefer the CAN-DOs to the ones who can't think outside the box the moron in the WH and his Fox 'friends' and advisors has put them in.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 21

@KidBoy2 wrote:

You seem to think the Green New Deal is some bill waiting for a vote in Congress and if it passes, airplanes will immediately be grounded and gasoline-powered cars will instantly become illegal.  Been reading Donnie's tweets again?  For your reading pleasure -- The Facts on the ‘Green New Deal’ 

There is much being done TODAY to roll back and negate any attempts to reduce our emissions and our pollution by the current dummy in office.  And his fawning sycophants fall in line just like baby ducklings following their mama.  To wit: the topic of this discussion.

But on an UP note, the governor of VA where I currently live just signed an executive order with "a goal of producing all of the state’s electricity from carbon-free sources by 2050 in an effort to reduce the commonwealth’s impact on climate change".  Virginia joins HI, CA, NM, ME, NY, and WA with 100% clean energy goals.

Tags (3)
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors